|By Business Wire||
|June 27, 2014 09:36 AM EDT||
Promethean, a global leader in education technology, announces its new ClassFlow 2.0 update. ClassFlow, the “all-in-one” interactive lesson orchestration platform for creating and delivering interactive multi-media lessons across a connected learning environment, breathes a high level of educational purpose into the various devices that many schools have purchased and deployed in an effort to improve student engagement.
“ClassFlow assists teachers as they cultivate active learners with actionable skills that prepare them for the future,” said Scott Cary, Chief Marketing and Products Officer at Promethean. “ClassFlow harnesses all of the different technology in the classroom and connects them into one environment that educators can use to engage students, personalize instruction and foster collaboration. With real-time feedback capability, ClassFlow arms teachers with powerful insight for tailoring instruction to each learners’ needs.”
Teachers can access the free cloud-based ClassFlow platform from any major web browser to begin building interactive multi-media lessons. Student devices such as laptops and tablets are easily connected to the teacher’s multi-media lessons through the ClassFlow Student app available on iOS, Android and Windows 8 devices. Once connected, students can receive and annotate lesson material on their devices, respond to questions, create original material, even capture photos to send back to the teacher from their mobile device. Student contributions can then be displayed via a variety of “front-of-class” displays such as interactive whiteboards and flat panels and even integrated as part of the lesson content.
The new release of ClassFlow 2.0 will offer the following benefits for teachers:
Bring Your Classroom Devices to Life – Deliver interactive multi-media lessons throughout your connected classroom
- Engage students by enabling active participation in your interactive multi-media lessons through the use of ANY connected device with iOS, Android and Windows 8 Apps or via any device with a major web browser.
- Download the free ClassFlow Student App from the Apple iTunes Store, Google Play and Windows Store.
- Unify your classroom by synchronizing your lesson across all leading brands of classroom display and handheld devices.
- Use the new ClassFlow Teacher App to move throughout your classroom while navigating your ClassFlow lesson, sharing content with your students, managing groups, assessing students in real-time – all from your tablet.
Real-Time Insights and Feedback – Gain real-time insight into student learning and progress through interactive polls, quizzes, surveys and activities
- Monitor real-time progress of your students on the Live Assessment Screen.
- Rate individual performance based on automatic scores provided by the application.
- Assess students with a range of question types – from text, multiple choice, creative response, equation, math, true/false, sort & order and many more.
Differentiate Instruction – Customize multi-media lesson content based on individual learning style and level of subject-matter mastery
- Organize students into collaborative learning groups and assign different content to different groups or individual students.
- Administer self-paced tests that can be completed by each individual to ensure whole-class understanding.
A Single Platform for Lesson Creation – One single application to create, manage and store your interactive multi-media lessons
- Easily “mash-up” existing content from SMART Notebook files, pdfs, Microsoft Word documents, ActivInspire Flipcharts, Microsoft PowerPoints, video or image files into a single lesson.
- Search and utilize content from multiple sources – Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, external and local drives, and the web.
- Access ClassFlow using your Microsoft Office 365, Google or Facebook credentials.
- Explore and use shared lessons on the ClassFlow teacher community, with the ability to make them your own.
- Access and manage your lesson plans from any machine connected to the Internet with any of the major browsers.
In addition to accessing the new features in the ClassFlow 2.0 update, teachers have a chance to win a free trip valued at $10,000. Teachers can find more information and enter to win by visiting https://ClassFlow.com/contest.
The enhanced functionality of ClassFlow 2.0 will be automatically available on July 1. For more information about ClassFlow, visit http://www.ClassFlow.com.
Promethean is a global education company that improves learning productivity by developing, integrating and implementing innovative 21st century learning environments that make everyone more engaged, empowered, and successful. The company is headquartered in Blackburn in Lancashire, England, with U.S. headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, please visit www.prometheanworld.com.
"We help to transform an organization and their operations and make them more efficient, more agile, and more nimble to move into the cloud or to move between cloud providers and create an agnostic tool set," noted Jeremy Steinert, DevOps Services Practice Lead at WSM International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 719
The most often asked question post-DevOps introduction is: “How do I get started?” There’s plenty of information on why DevOps is valid and important, but many managers still struggle with simple basics for how to initiate a DevOps program in their business. They struggle with issues related to current organizational inertia, the lack of experience on Continuous Integration/Delivery, understanding where DevOps will affect revenue and budget, etc. In their session at DevOps Summit, JP Morgenthal...
Jul. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 853
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Jul. 3, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
Jul. 3, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,163
Jul. 3, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,127
Jul. 3, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 305
Jul. 3, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,142
Jul. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,377
Jul. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,257
Jul. 3, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 453
Jul. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,358
Jul. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,314
Jul. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 858
Jul. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,222
Jul. 3, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,376