|By Business Wire||
|June 27, 2014 09:36 AM EDT||
Promethean, a global leader in education technology, announces its new ClassFlow 2.0 update. ClassFlow, the “all-in-one” interactive lesson orchestration platform for creating and delivering interactive multi-media lessons across a connected learning environment, breathes a high level of educational purpose into the various devices that many schools have purchased and deployed in an effort to improve student engagement.
“ClassFlow assists teachers as they cultivate active learners with actionable skills that prepare them for the future,” said Scott Cary, Chief Marketing and Products Officer at Promethean. “ClassFlow harnesses all of the different technology in the classroom and connects them into one environment that educators can use to engage students, personalize instruction and foster collaboration. With real-time feedback capability, ClassFlow arms teachers with powerful insight for tailoring instruction to each learners’ needs.”
Teachers can access the free cloud-based ClassFlow platform from any major web browser to begin building interactive multi-media lessons. Student devices such as laptops and tablets are easily connected to the teacher’s multi-media lessons through the ClassFlow Student app available on iOS, Android and Windows 8 devices. Once connected, students can receive and annotate lesson material on their devices, respond to questions, create original material, even capture photos to send back to the teacher from their mobile device. Student contributions can then be displayed via a variety of “front-of-class” displays such as interactive whiteboards and flat panels and even integrated as part of the lesson content.
The new release of ClassFlow 2.0 will offer the following benefits for teachers:
Bring Your Classroom Devices to Life – Deliver interactive multi-media lessons throughout your connected classroom
- Engage students by enabling active participation in your interactive multi-media lessons through the use of ANY connected device with iOS, Android and Windows 8 Apps or via any device with a major web browser.
- Download the free ClassFlow Student App from the Apple iTunes Store, Google Play and Windows Store.
- Unify your classroom by synchronizing your lesson across all leading brands of classroom display and handheld devices.
- Use the new ClassFlow Teacher App to move throughout your classroom while navigating your ClassFlow lesson, sharing content with your students, managing groups, assessing students in real-time – all from your tablet.
Real-Time Insights and Feedback – Gain real-time insight into student learning and progress through interactive polls, quizzes, surveys and activities
- Monitor real-time progress of your students on the Live Assessment Screen.
- Rate individual performance based on automatic scores provided by the application.
- Assess students with a range of question types – from text, multiple choice, creative response, equation, math, true/false, sort & order and many more.
Differentiate Instruction – Customize multi-media lesson content based on individual learning style and level of subject-matter mastery
- Organize students into collaborative learning groups and assign different content to different groups or individual students.
- Administer self-paced tests that can be completed by each individual to ensure whole-class understanding.
A Single Platform for Lesson Creation – One single application to create, manage and store your interactive multi-media lessons
- Easily “mash-up” existing content from SMART Notebook files, pdfs, Microsoft Word documents, ActivInspire Flipcharts, Microsoft PowerPoints, video or image files into a single lesson.
- Search and utilize content from multiple sources – Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, external and local drives, and the web.
- Access ClassFlow using your Microsoft Office 365, Google or Facebook credentials.
- Explore and use shared lessons on the ClassFlow teacher community, with the ability to make them your own.
- Access and manage your lesson plans from any machine connected to the Internet with any of the major browsers.
In addition to accessing the new features in the ClassFlow 2.0 update, teachers have a chance to win a free trip valued at $10,000. Teachers can find more information and enter to win by visiting https://ClassFlow.com/contest.
The enhanced functionality of ClassFlow 2.0 will be automatically available on July 1. For more information about ClassFlow, visit http://www.ClassFlow.com.
Promethean is a global education company that improves learning productivity by developing, integrating and implementing innovative 21st century learning environments that make everyone more engaged, empowered, and successful. The company is headquartered in Blackburn in Lancashire, England, with U.S. headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, please visit www.prometheanworld.com.
Mar. 30, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 313
Mar. 30, 2017 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,044
Mar. 30, 2017 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,249
Mar. 30, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,526
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,402
Mar. 30, 2017 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,426
Mar. 30, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 6,772
Mar. 30, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,437
Mar. 30, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,111
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,517
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,062
Mar. 30, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,043
Mar. 30, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 9,050
Mar. 30, 2017 01:58 PM EDT Reads: 289
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 30, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,458