|By Business Wire||
|June 30, 2014 12:22 PM EDT||
SimpliVity, the leader in hyperconverged infrastructure for the software-defined data center, today announced several additions to its rapidly expanding customer roster, including: City of Arvada, Colorado; City of Brighton, Colorado; City of Mesquite, Nevada; City of O’Fallon, Missouri; Town of Newington, Connecticut; and the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office in Massachusetts. These public sector organizations selected SimpliVity to simplify data center infrastructure and drive higher efficiency, while dramatically reducing costs.
State and local government finances continue to improve; however, these agencies must maintain service levels and innovate to serve their constituents in a cost-efficient way. As state and local municipalities modernize their IT infrastructure, many are turning to SimpliVity to replace their legacy stack of servers, storage switches, enterprise HDD and SSD storage, backup solutions and WAN optimization that have failed to meet their current needs.
SimpliVity OmniCube collapses legacy stacks and functionality into hyperconverged x86 building blocks. Deploying a network of two or more OmniCubes creates a global federation that facilitates efficient data movement, resource sharing and scalability. Integrated data protection and unified global management within and across sites drive greater operational efficiency. Further, OmniCube’s data architecture optimizes performance and capacity, and provides VM-centric management and mobility—all contributing to a radical reduction in complexity and cost.
City of Arvada, Colorado
- Situation: The city had its legacy infrastructure in place for more than six years. The environment was more complex and administrators spent more time attending to the Fibre Channel SAN.
- Solution: OmniCube federation in two data centers to accommodate 59 applications running simultaneously.
- Benefits: City of Arvada saw improved performance of critical applications, improved disaster recovery testing and strategy and a reduced data center footprint for energy efficiency.
- Quote: “Last year, the City of Arvada began looking for a new server and storage platform to re-home its police management system, and got bids for converged infrastructure offerings from hyperconverged startups Nutanix and SimpliVity as well as IBM, Hitachi, HP, Cisco and VCE V Block,” said Ron Czarnecki, CIO for City of Arvada. "SimpliVity turned out to be significantly different from all the others, and SimpliVity offers benefits like built-in deduplication, compression and replication, plus an all-inclusive pricing model.”
City of Brighton, Colorado
- Situation: Brighton is a Home Rule Municipality in Adams County, Colorado, with a population of more than 30,000. The City of Brighton required a refresh of its aging IT infrastructure that was experiencing performance issues, approaching capacity on its SAN and delivering poor recovery point and recovery time objectives with its incumbent backup solution.
- Solution: A three-node OmniCube federation running 50+ applications simultaneously.
- Benefits: After implementing SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure for its 14 TB of production data, Brighton was able to non-disruptively migrate its VMs and data within one week. The city immediately achieved a 36 percent capacity reduction and a 97 percent performance improvement. Brighton also improved recovery objectives: backing up full VMs every two hours, while saving 3.3PB of space.
- Quote: Jeromy King, assistant director of IT stated, “We believed that moving forward with a modern hyperconverged infrastructure solution was the right choice versus just adding more disk and not solving the true IT issue. And we received a big bonus in the native VM-level data protection in OmniCube. Now, we are in a much better position to add disaster recovery capabilities to our environment and deliver the service that we need to our customers.”
City of Mesquite, Colorado
- Situation: The city of Mesquite, Nevada is 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas and has a population of more than 15,000. The organization initially sought to do a capacity upgrade on the existing storage supporting its virtual workloads, which was approaching full capacity and nearing its refresh date.
- Solution: The municipality replaced most of its legacy infrastructure with a federation of two OmniCubes in the primary data center hosting 40+ applications, and one in its second site for disaster recovery.
- Benefits: The city of Mesquite realized value within one week with a performance improvement of up to 25 percent and a 50:1 capacity savings.
- Quote: “SimpliVity’s OmniCube is one of the most cost effective systems we have found since implementing VMware. There is more functionality in a single box than many solutions put in a complete rack,” said Dirk Marshall, IT manager at the City of Mesquite, Nevada.
City of O’Fallon, Missouri
- Situation: O’Fallon is a city in Saint Charles County, Missouri, with a population of more than 80,000. O’Fallon found the number of vendors it had to manage to be a burden, and the city also desired improvements in backup and disaster recovery.
- Solution: A federation of two OmniCubes in the primary data center and one in its second site for disaster recovery.
- Benefits: The city of O’Fallon saw rapid value with performance improvements of 50 to 75 percent and capacity savings of up to 100:1. It also realized deployment agility. SimpliVity enables workload deployment within one day versus deployment times of up to one week before SimpliVity.
- Quote: “We are very pleased about how well SimpliVity integrated into our vCenter, as well as with the compression ratio of our virtual machines stored on OmniCube,” said Jim Woerther, IT administrator, City of O’Fallon.
Town of Newington, Connecticut
- Situation: The Town of Newington, located just south of Hartford, Connecticut, provides 24/7/365 services for 21 different departments, including public safety. Legacy infrastructure consisted of six servers and six iSCSI SANs across two data centers. The town initially pursued upgrading its infrastructure with existing vendors.
- Solution: OmniCube federations in two data centers.
- Benefits: The town realized value within the first week, reducing its data center footprint, achieving greater data efficiency, improving performance and introducing massive savings in storage and capital.
- Quote: “One of the nice things we really liked about the SimpliVity solution was that all administration is done within VMware’s vCenter. The plug-in allowed us to not only view performance for each data center, but also allow us to view performance per virtual machine – a very nice, slick and clean interface,” said Paul G. Boutot, CIO for the Town of Newington.
Worcester County Sheriff’s Office, Massachusetts
- Situation: Worcester County Sheriff’s Department serves one of the largest counties in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and supports just over 500 staff and mission-critical applications, including Public Safety Jail Management Software. The legacy infrastructure comprised of 16 servers and multiple complex SANs, could not keep pace with demand or staffing resources.
- Solution: A federation of two OmniCubes in the primary data center running more than 40 applications, and one in its second site for disaster recovery.
- Benefits: The office improved overall capacity of user-heavy applications and allowed for improved speed and availability, while increasing productivity for staff.
- Quote: “We were really pleased with the improvements in backup and disaster recovery enabled by OmniCube’s integrated data protection. Our recovery time and recovery point objectives were reduced to minutes from hours to days for all applications, regardless of size. Now, I have peace of mind,” stated Maurice Myrie, CIO for the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office.
"We’re very pleased with our rapid customer expansion, and thrilled to see the results our customers are realizing using our data virtualization platform,” said Doron Kempel, chairman and CEO of SimpliVity. “Our proven ability to drive efficiency while drastically reducing data center complexity and costs is contributing to our rapid growth and our leadership position in the hyperconverged infrastructure market.”.
About SimpliVity Corporation
SimpliVity's revolutionary Data Virtualization Platform delivered on hyperconverged infrastructure is the first and only technology that comprehensively —and simply—addresses the performance and capacity challenges in today’s software-defined data centers. Ensuring performance, capacity, mobility, manageability and protection of data without driving up CAPEX and OPEX requires a new data architecture delivered on commodity x86 building blocks. SimpliVity takes a VM-centric approach, ensures adequate IOPS to fuel application requirements and drives dramatic efficiency resulting in a 300 percent TCO savings. Launched in 2013, SimpliVity is used by hundreds of enterprises and service providers worldwide, including Dairylea, T-Systems, University of Alberta School of Business and Wausau Coated. Headquartered in Massachusetts, SimpliVity's business model is 100 percent indirect, and its solutions and professional services are available through its network of worldwide resellers and distributors. For more information, contact us at +1 508-310-1032, [email protected] or http://www.simplivity.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, will explore the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences betwee...
May. 28, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,665
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, will discuss the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to fo...
May. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,531
As machines are increasingly connected to the internet, it’s becoming easier to discover the numerous ways Industrial IoT (IIoT) is helping to shape the business world. This is exactly why we have decided to take a closer look at this pervasive movement and to examine the desire to connect more things! Now if you need a refresher on IIoT and how it is changing the world, take a moment and listen to Greg Gorbach with ARC Advisory Group. Gorbach believes, "IIoT will significantly change the worl...
May. 28, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,995
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
May. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 619
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,918
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,353
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? How do you coordinate the diverse moving parts that must come together when developing your IoT product? What are the key challenges addressed by Data as a Service? How does cloud computing underlie and connect the notions of Digital and DevOps What is the impact of the API economy? What is the business imperative for Cognitive Computing? Get all these questions and hundreds more like them answered at the 18th Cloud Expo...
May. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,327
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,998
How will your company move to the cloud while ensuring a solid security posture? Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is ...
May. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 549
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 28, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,237
SYS-CON Events announced today the How to Create Angular 2 Clients for the Cloud Workshop, being held June 7, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified. Now it’s a component-based well-performing framework. The immersive one-day workshop led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and...
May. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,049
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Cole, Director of Solutions Engineering at Peak 10, will discuss how the newest technology advances are reducing the cost and complexity of traditional business continuity and disaster recovery solutions. Attendees will: Learn why having a full disaster recovery strategy is more important now than ever before Explore the key drivers of a successful disaster recovery solution Achieve measurable operational and business value from a disaster recovery ...
May. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,412
Customer experience has become a competitive differentiator for companies, and it’s imperative that brands seamlessly connect the customer journey across all platforms. With the continued explosion of IoT, join us for a look at how to build a winning digital foundation in the connected era – today and in the future. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Nguyen, Group Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how to successfully leverage mobile, rapidly deploy content, capture real-time d...
May. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,621
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hanu Software will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Leveraging best-in-class people, processes, and technologies, Hanu provides high-quality, high-value software development and business process outsourcing services to independent software vendors (ISVs) and enterprises.
May. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,394
The cloud era has reached the stage where it is no longer a question of whether a company should migrate, but when. Enterprises have embraced the outsourcing of where their various applications are stored and who manages them, saving significant investment along the way. Plus, the cloud has become a defining competitive edge. Companies that fail to successfully adapt risk failure. The media, of course, continues to extol the virtues of the cloud, including how easy it is to get there. Migrating...
May. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 529