|By Marketwired .||
|July 2, 2014 04:14 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 07/02/14 -- Today Expedia.ca, Canada's leading online travel provider*, announced the Expedia® 2014 Insiders' Select rankings, an annual crowd-sourced list of the world's best-reviewed hotels. The Insiders' Select list recognizes the top-ranked hotels available worldwide on Expedia.ca, as judged by nearly two million annual verified guest reviews and in-house experts. Hotels that consistently deliver value, in the form of competitive pricing, pristine amenities and superior customer service, will see that commitment rewarded in their ranking.
The exclusive 2014 list designates only 650 hotels as Insiders' Select properties, from among the more than 290,000 bookable properties available on Expedia, Inc. websites worldwide. Vancouver-based L'Hermitage Hotel makes the top 25, coming in at number 23. In the top spot is Lakehouse Hotel and Resort, a four-star property in San Marcos, followed closely by Blue Karma Resort in Seminyak, Bali. Last year, Mexico dominated the top ten with six properties but this year, the United States takes that honor with six listed in the top ten.
The top 25 hotels in this year's ranking include:
1. Lakehouse Hotel and Resort (San Marcos, CA, USA)
2. Blue Karma Resort (Seminyak, Bali)
3. Dar Al Masyaf Madinat Jumeirah (Dubai, UAE)
4. Homestead Cottages (Awahnee, CA, USA)
5. Apache Casino Hotel (Lawton, OK, USA)
6. Cocomar Residences & Beachfront Hotel (Parrita, Costa Rica)
7. I Hotel And Conference Center (Champaign, IL, USA)
8. Fairmont Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
9. Almond Tree Inn (Key West, FL, USA)
10. Epoque Hotel (Bucharest, Romania)
11. The Tiger Hotel (Columbia, MO, USA)
12. Springhill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas (Sacramento, CA, USA)
13. The Oberoi, Bali (Seminyak, Indonesia)
14. InterContinental Osaka (Osaka, Japan)
15. Berlin Grande Hotel (Berlin, OH, USA)
16. Yepton Estate Cottages (St. John's, Antigua and Barbuda)
17. Grand Soluxe Angkor Palace Resort & Spa (Siem Reap, Cambodia)
18. TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Worth Downtown (Fort Worth, TX, USA)
19. Homewood Suites by Hilton Port Saint Lucie-Tradition (Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA)
20. InterContinental Singapore (Singapore, Singapore)
21. Fairmont Mayakoba (Playa del Carmen, Mexico)
22. Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)
23. L'Hermitage Hotel (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
24. Hampton Inn Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center (Chandler, AZ, USA)
25. Crystal Palms Beach Resort (Treasure Island, FL, USA)
"Every year we celebrate the Insiders' Select list to honor the hotels and our commitment to giving customers a resource to make informed and confident hotel booking decisions that will fit any budget," said Sean Shannon, Managing Director, Expedia.ca.
Insiders' Select ranks hotels using a combination of verified guest reviews, Expedia hotel expert input and overall value. The list is developed using a propriety mathematical formula, predominantly based on quantitative verified customer review scores with an element of qualitative insight from the local Expedia Market Management teams.
Hotels named to the Insiders' Select list stand to benefit from substantial exposure to consumers who visit Expedia.ca to shop for and book travel. Recognition programs such as Insiders' Select also underscore the significance of traveller opinions on the reputation and future success of a hotel. For more information on Insiders' Select, visit http://www.expedia.ca/insidersselect.
About Expedia Canada
Expedia.ca is the nation's most-visited full-service online travel provider. To help Canadians plan and purchase travel, Expedia.ca offers the best combination of scheduled and charter flights, car and hotel reservations, vacation packages, destination activities, cruises, and travel insurance. Expedia customers are supported by customer support agents available 24 hours a day, seven days a week via a toll-free number and email response.
Expedia, Expedia.ca and the Airplane logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. Other logos or product and company names mentioned herein may be the property of their respective owners. © 2014 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-5030
* Source: comScore Media Metrix, Canada, Online Travel Agents category, Jan - Dec 2013
For More Information:
Aug. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 329
Aug. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,429
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,820
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 402
Aug. 24, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,530
Aug. 24, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,790
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,834
Aug. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,431
Aug. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,346
Aug. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 391
Aug. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,081
Aug. 24, 2016 10:48 AM EDT Reads: 378
Aug. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,789
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 453
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 24, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 446