|By ACN Newswire||
|July 2, 2014 09:14 PM EDT||
Heat recovery technology has received a lot of attention in recent years. The technology takes advantage of thermal energies ejected from many situations such as an incinerator and automobile engine room, etc. and recovers them as regenerated energies. Among the technologies, the generator technology in thermoelectric materials does not have drive sections when converting thermal energies into electricity, which therefore leads to growing demand for such technology as maintenance-free and clean technology.
ULVAC-RIKO, Inc. has been selling the material evaluation system in thermoelectric generation development. The Mini-PEM makes materials small-modularized, gives temperature difference to the module, and then recovers maximum power generation amount and heat flow. Using a result of the evaluation, the system is also capable of calculating and evaluating the conversion efficiency.
The system can evaluate small modules with 10 mm x 10 mm or less, module with a pair of thermoelectric materials and thermoelectric material alone. Due to this, it can do a performance evaluation with small modules during development process from material evaluation to practical use before considering making a thermoelectric module, which will be actually used. Accordingly we think it can evaluate not only modules but joint technology as well.
- Capable of evaluating maximum power generation amount and heat flow when giving temperature difference to small modules.
- Capable of evaluating the conversion efficiency from power generation amount and heat flow at each temperature spot.
- Capable of evaluating with small samples such as a pair module and thermoelectric material alone.
- With a heater embedded, temperature variable up to 500 deg C on high temperature side.
- Cooling by cooling water flow on low temperature side.
- Capable of evaluating a module with up to 10 mm x 10 mm.
- Temperature range on high temperature part: 50 deg C to 500 deg C
- Atmosphere: In vacuum
- Sample size: 2 to 10 mm (square) x 1 to 20* mm (height) *maximum
- Heater on high temperature part: Sheath heater
- Contact area dimension of high temperature block: 10 mm (square)
- Fluid flow on low temperature part: Liquid
- Evaluation of module conversion efficiency calculated from maximum power generation and heat flow.
- Evaluation of power generation amount and heat flow with thermoelectric material alone.
- Performance and lifetime evaluation of thermoelectric module.
Sales plan in 2014
- Total quantity: 10 systems (domestic and overseas)
- Domestic price: JPY 9,800,000- (standard set/not including tax)
We are introducing the product at ULVAC Technologies, Inc. booth of "ICT2014 (International Conference on Thermoelectrics)" held in USA from July 6 to 10, 2014. Also, we plan to exhibit it in domestic exhibition in autumn this year. For further information on the exhibition, we will update in our website.
About ULVAC-RIKO, Inc.
ULVAC-RIKO, Inc. is an ULVAC group company that manufactures thermal analysis and thermo-physical property measuring systems, infrared gold image furnaces and applied instruments.
About ULVAC, Inc.
ULVAC, Inc., is a Japan-based vacuum equipment manufacturer. ULVAC was founded in 1952 and has contributed to development of industry and technology through comprehensive use of vacuum technology and its peripheral technology. We created "ULVAC SOLUTIONS" based on our one of a kind technologies built upon long years of research, development, and production technology innovations. We offer this solution composed of equipment, materials, analytic evaluation, vacuum components and other various services, for flat panel displays, solar cells, semiconductors, electronic components, and general industrial equipment. For more information, please visit www.ulvac.co.jp/eng/ .
Overseas Sales Dept.
Relevant website: http://www.ulvac-riko.co.jp/en
Source: ULVAC, Inc.
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
Sep. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,592
Sep. 24, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,317
Sep. 24, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,191
Sep. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,410
Sep. 24, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,434
Sep. 24, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,645
Sep. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,780
Sep. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,470
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,503
Sep. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,695
Sep. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,547
Sep. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,023
Sep. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,674
Sep. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,482
Sep. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 754