|By Marketwired .||
|July 3, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 07/03/14 -- How has the rise in mobile usage throughout the travel process shifted advertising spend? By a lot -- but not as much as you might think, at least not yet. According to a new report by travel industry research authority PhoCusWright, "The U.S. Travel Advertising Marketplace: Industry Sizing and Trends 2015" (www.phocuswright.com/products/4441), desktop search is still the number one online ad spend category. However, its share is slipping as mobile phones and tablets grow in influence during the entire search-shop-buy process.
"One in five ad dollars spent online in 2013 by travel advertisers went towards mobile inventory: 11% to smartphones and 9% to tablets," according to PhoCusWright analyst Tom Powell. But there are challenges to the mobile process that can inhibit further growth. "If travel companies want to increase mobile share and ROI, they will have to develop and release adequate mobile experiences across browsers and apps for phones and tablets."
This groundbreaking report explores the impact of mobile and other new technologies on the travel advertising landscape. It also reveals the size of the travel advertising market in the U.S. and examines the trends, practices and budget allocations of U.S. travel industry advertising spending from 2011 to 2015.
The report examines:
- How various segments within the travel industry (airline, cruise, DMO, hotel, OTA and other) are allocating their advertising dollars
- How much is spent on traditional offline channels (e.g., TV, print, out-of-home and radio) vs. online (e.g., search, video, social, referral, metasearch, display)
- How mobile and the rise in digital ad spend will impact the advertising landscape over the next two years
- Allocation by device, such as desktop, smartphone and tablet
- Trends in general search, metasearch, social, online video, and more
- How advertisers are dealing with the attribution dilemma
- The role of Big Data and programmatic tactics
More analysis on travel advertising spend is available in PhoCusWright's "The U.S. Travel Advertising Marketplace: Industry Sizing and Trends 2015."
ABOUT PHOCUSWRIGHT INC. (www.phocuswright.com)
PhoCusWright, the travel industry research authority, fosters smart strategic planning and tactical decision-making by delivering primary research on the evolving dynamics that influence travel, tourism and hospitality distribution. To complement its research in North America, Europe and Asia, PhoCusWright partners with and produces several high-profile conferences around the world.
+1 860 350-4084
Jul. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,129
Jul. 1, 2015 12:54 PM EDT Reads: 324
Jul. 1, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,018
Jul. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,966
Jul. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 980
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 933
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 717
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,219
Jul. 1, 2015 11:10 AM EDT Reads: 470
Jul. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 919
Jul. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 492
Jul. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,104
Jul. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 751
Jul. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,917
Jul. 1, 2015 09:32 AM EDT Reads: 473