|By Marketwired .||
|July 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
With spending on enterprise software projected to grow 6.8 percent to $320 billion in 2014(1), organizations must maximize the return on their technology investments. To help drive user adoption of both cloud and on-premise applications, Oracle is introducing Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) Standard and Professional 12.1. With this updated learning and training platform, organizations can achieve greater user adoption across key applications, and in turn increase employee engagement, productivity, and efficiency.
- To help organizations maximize the return on their enterprise application investments, Oracle is announcing the availability of Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) Standard and Professional 12.1.
- Oracle UPK is an easy-to-use, comprehensive platform that helps organizations develop, maintain, and deploy content to increase user productivity and adoption of new and existing enterprise applications.
- Through pre-built integration across popular enterprise applications and an in-application software development kit (SDK) to connect with third-party applications, customers can easily deliver context-sensitive performance support and customized training content to users directly within the business software they rely on the most.
- The latest version of Oracle UPK includes advanced capabilities for mobile devices, improved content creation and management functionality, and robust deployment options with cloud-based applications.
- The new release delivers more engaging and effective training for employees, while helping to streamline administration processes for content authors.
Capture Maximum ROI from Technology Investments
- With significant enhancements to the design and functionality in Oracle UPK 12.1 and Oracle UPK Professional 12.1, customers can mitigate risk through all phases of an application project's lifecycle, significantly reduce time to deployment, and improve end user adoption. The new and updated features in both versions of Oracle UPK enable organizations to:
- Drive Cloud Application Adoption: With performance optimizations and low bandwidth delivery, Oracle UPK 12.1 is an ideal platform to combine with cloud application deployments.
- Deliver an Intuitive, Mobile User Experience: New iPad capabilities let users access UPK content, including touch-friendly UPK Player and Knowledge Center interfaces, from anywhere and at any time. Additionally, UPK content launched through learning management systems is now supported on the iPad.
- Create Engaging and Easily Manageable Content: New content creation tools, including a web page editor, built-in style sheet editor, and screenshot overlay, offer additional efficiencies for the development and maintenance of engaging content. Additionally, a streamlined interface across the Record It! Wizard is designed to make content creation simpler, enabling users to quickly contribute content.
- Support Virtually Seamless Collaboration: Updates to the UPK Player help users share content with greater precision, making it easier to engage in informal learning, technical support, and knowledge sharing.
- Easily View and Manage Training Content: Powerful search functionality incorporated into the Knowledge Center and an updated In-Application Support Configuration Utility encourage better collaboration across content creation teams and streamline cross-functional administration.
- Spur Adoption Across Applications: With built-in recognition for user actions and user interfaces across all major Oracle applications and select third-party applications, Oracle UPK 12.1 supports a large set of applications in the industry. The latest release adds support for the latest versions of Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle's Siebel Open UI, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's PeopleSoft, and SAP GUI for Windows.
- Oracle UPK customers that are current on maintenance can upgrade to the latest version at no additional charge.
- "With the increasing pace of business technology innovation, organizations have greater opportunity to secure new efficiencies that positively impact business, talent and profits -- but only if users adopt and use the technology," said Taimur Mirza, senior director, Oracle Product Development. "With new features and enhancements requested by our customers, Oracle User Productivity Kit 12.1 helps organizations get up and running on enterprise applications faster and easier so their employees can focus more time on driving business results."
- Oracle User Productivity Kit
- What's New in UPK 12.1?
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Technical Specifications (PDF)
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Target Applications Technical Specifications
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Player File Size and Bandwidth
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Gartner Worldwide IT Spending Forecast, January 2014: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2643919
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 378
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 672
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 636
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Aug. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,914
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 662
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 26, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,524
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,296
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,927
StarNet Communications Corp has announced the addition of three Secure Remote Desktop modules to its flagship X-Win32 PC X server. The new modules enable X-Win32 to safely tunnel the remote desktops from Linux and Unix servers to the user’s PC over encrypted SSH. Traditionally, users of PC X servers deploy the XDMCP protocol to display remote desktop environments such as the Gnome and KDE desktops on Linux servers and the CDE environment on Solaris Unix machines. XDMCP is used primarily on comp...
Aug. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 550
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 408
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,410
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,972
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 633
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 669
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 584