|By Marketwired .||
|July 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
With spending on enterprise software projected to grow 6.8 percent to $320 billion in 2014(1), organizations must maximize the return on their technology investments. To help drive user adoption of both cloud and on-premise applications, Oracle is introducing Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) Standard and Professional 12.1. With this updated learning and training platform, organizations can achieve greater user adoption across key applications, and in turn increase employee engagement, productivity, and efficiency.
- To help organizations maximize the return on their enterprise application investments, Oracle is announcing the availability of Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) Standard and Professional 12.1.
- Oracle UPK is an easy-to-use, comprehensive platform that helps organizations develop, maintain, and deploy content to increase user productivity and adoption of new and existing enterprise applications.
- Through pre-built integration across popular enterprise applications and an in-application software development kit (SDK) to connect with third-party applications, customers can easily deliver context-sensitive performance support and customized training content to users directly within the business software they rely on the most.
- The latest version of Oracle UPK includes advanced capabilities for mobile devices, improved content creation and management functionality, and robust deployment options with cloud-based applications.
- The new release delivers more engaging and effective training for employees, while helping to streamline administration processes for content authors.
Capture Maximum ROI from Technology Investments
- With significant enhancements to the design and functionality in Oracle UPK 12.1 and Oracle UPK Professional 12.1, customers can mitigate risk through all phases of an application project's lifecycle, significantly reduce time to deployment, and improve end user adoption. The new and updated features in both versions of Oracle UPK enable organizations to:
- Drive Cloud Application Adoption: With performance optimizations and low bandwidth delivery, Oracle UPK 12.1 is an ideal platform to combine with cloud application deployments.
- Deliver an Intuitive, Mobile User Experience: New iPad capabilities let users access UPK content, including touch-friendly UPK Player and Knowledge Center interfaces, from anywhere and at any time. Additionally, UPK content launched through learning management systems is now supported on the iPad.
- Create Engaging and Easily Manageable Content: New content creation tools, including a web page editor, built-in style sheet editor, and screenshot overlay, offer additional efficiencies for the development and maintenance of engaging content. Additionally, a streamlined interface across the Record It! Wizard is designed to make content creation simpler, enabling users to quickly contribute content.
- Support Virtually Seamless Collaboration: Updates to the UPK Player help users share content with greater precision, making it easier to engage in informal learning, technical support, and knowledge sharing.
- Easily View and Manage Training Content: Powerful search functionality incorporated into the Knowledge Center and an updated In-Application Support Configuration Utility encourage better collaboration across content creation teams and streamline cross-functional administration.
- Spur Adoption Across Applications: With built-in recognition for user actions and user interfaces across all major Oracle applications and select third-party applications, Oracle UPK 12.1 supports a large set of applications in the industry. The latest release adds support for the latest versions of Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle's Siebel Open UI, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's PeopleSoft, and SAP GUI for Windows.
- Oracle UPK customers that are current on maintenance can upgrade to the latest version at no additional charge.
- "With the increasing pace of business technology innovation, organizations have greater opportunity to secure new efficiencies that positively impact business, talent and profits -- but only if users adopt and use the technology," said Taimur Mirza, senior director, Oracle Product Development. "With new features and enhancements requested by our customers, Oracle User Productivity Kit 12.1 helps organizations get up and running on enterprise applications faster and easier so their employees can focus more time on driving business results."
- Oracle User Productivity Kit
- What's New in UPK 12.1?
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Technical Specifications (PDF)
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Target Applications Technical Specifications
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Player File Size and Bandwidth
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Gartner Worldwide IT Spending Forecast, January 2014: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2643919
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 24, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,024
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 24, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,322
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 24, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,578
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,196
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,047
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,161
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 24, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,749
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,497
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,633
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,901
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,568
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,591
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,367
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,605
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,780