|By Marketwired .||
|July 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
With spending on enterprise software projected to grow 6.8 percent to $320 billion in 2014(1), organizations must maximize the return on their technology investments. To help drive user adoption of both cloud and on-premise applications, Oracle is introducing Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) Standard and Professional 12.1. With this updated learning and training platform, organizations can achieve greater user adoption across key applications, and in turn increase employee engagement, productivity, and efficiency.
- To help organizations maximize the return on their enterprise application investments, Oracle is announcing the availability of Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) Standard and Professional 12.1.
- Oracle UPK is an easy-to-use, comprehensive platform that helps organizations develop, maintain, and deploy content to increase user productivity and adoption of new and existing enterprise applications.
- Through pre-built integration across popular enterprise applications and an in-application software development kit (SDK) to connect with third-party applications, customers can easily deliver context-sensitive performance support and customized training content to users directly within the business software they rely on the most.
- The latest version of Oracle UPK includes advanced capabilities for mobile devices, improved content creation and management functionality, and robust deployment options with cloud-based applications.
- The new release delivers more engaging and effective training for employees, while helping to streamline administration processes for content authors.
Capture Maximum ROI from Technology Investments
- With significant enhancements to the design and functionality in Oracle UPK 12.1 and Oracle UPK Professional 12.1, customers can mitigate risk through all phases of an application project's lifecycle, significantly reduce time to deployment, and improve end user adoption. The new and updated features in both versions of Oracle UPK enable organizations to:
- Drive Cloud Application Adoption: With performance optimizations and low bandwidth delivery, Oracle UPK 12.1 is an ideal platform to combine with cloud application deployments.
- Deliver an Intuitive, Mobile User Experience: New iPad capabilities let users access UPK content, including touch-friendly UPK Player and Knowledge Center interfaces, from anywhere and at any time. Additionally, UPK content launched through learning management systems is now supported on the iPad.
- Create Engaging and Easily Manageable Content: New content creation tools, including a web page editor, built-in style sheet editor, and screenshot overlay, offer additional efficiencies for the development and maintenance of engaging content. Additionally, a streamlined interface across the Record It! Wizard is designed to make content creation simpler, enabling users to quickly contribute content.
- Support Virtually Seamless Collaboration: Updates to the UPK Player help users share content with greater precision, making it easier to engage in informal learning, technical support, and knowledge sharing.
- Easily View and Manage Training Content: Powerful search functionality incorporated into the Knowledge Center and an updated In-Application Support Configuration Utility encourage better collaboration across content creation teams and streamline cross-functional administration.
- Spur Adoption Across Applications: With built-in recognition for user actions and user interfaces across all major Oracle applications and select third-party applications, Oracle UPK 12.1 supports a large set of applications in the industry. The latest release adds support for the latest versions of Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle's Siebel Open UI, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's PeopleSoft, and SAP GUI for Windows.
- Oracle UPK customers that are current on maintenance can upgrade to the latest version at no additional charge.
- "With the increasing pace of business technology innovation, organizations have greater opportunity to secure new efficiencies that positively impact business, talent and profits -- but only if users adopt and use the technology," said Taimur Mirza, senior director, Oracle Product Development. "With new features and enhancements requested by our customers, Oracle User Productivity Kit 12.1 helps organizations get up and running on enterprise applications faster and easier so their employees can focus more time on driving business results."
- Oracle User Productivity Kit
- What's New in UPK 12.1?
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Technical Specifications (PDF)
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Target Applications Technical Specifications
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Player File Size and Bandwidth
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Gartner Worldwide IT Spending Forecast, January 2014: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2643919
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 26, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,834
Feb. 26, 2017 03:45 AM EST Reads: 8,491
Feb. 26, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 2,019
Feb. 26, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 2,753
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 2,335
Feb. 26, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 13,720
Feb. 26, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,777
Feb. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 6,217
Feb. 26, 2017 01:30 AM EST Reads: 5,221
Feb. 26, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,742
Feb. 26, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,499
Feb. 25, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 8,594
Feb. 25, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,871
Feb. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 9,328
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 9,134