|By Marketwired .||
|July 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
With spending on enterprise software projected to grow 6.8 percent to $320 billion in 2014(1), organizations must maximize the return on their technology investments. To help drive user adoption of both cloud and on-premise applications, Oracle is introducing Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) Standard and Professional 12.1. With this updated learning and training platform, organizations can achieve greater user adoption across key applications, and in turn increase employee engagement, productivity, and efficiency.
- To help organizations maximize the return on their enterprise application investments, Oracle is announcing the availability of Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) Standard and Professional 12.1.
- Oracle UPK is an easy-to-use, comprehensive platform that helps organizations develop, maintain, and deploy content to increase user productivity and adoption of new and existing enterprise applications.
- Through pre-built integration across popular enterprise applications and an in-application software development kit (SDK) to connect with third-party applications, customers can easily deliver context-sensitive performance support and customized training content to users directly within the business software they rely on the most.
- The latest version of Oracle UPK includes advanced capabilities for mobile devices, improved content creation and management functionality, and robust deployment options with cloud-based applications.
- The new release delivers more engaging and effective training for employees, while helping to streamline administration processes for content authors.
Capture Maximum ROI from Technology Investments
- With significant enhancements to the design and functionality in Oracle UPK 12.1 and Oracle UPK Professional 12.1, customers can mitigate risk through all phases of an application project's lifecycle, significantly reduce time to deployment, and improve end user adoption. The new and updated features in both versions of Oracle UPK enable organizations to:
- Drive Cloud Application Adoption: With performance optimizations and low bandwidth delivery, Oracle UPK 12.1 is an ideal platform to combine with cloud application deployments.
- Deliver an Intuitive, Mobile User Experience: New iPad capabilities let users access UPK content, including touch-friendly UPK Player and Knowledge Center interfaces, from anywhere and at any time. Additionally, UPK content launched through learning management systems is now supported on the iPad.
- Create Engaging and Easily Manageable Content: New content creation tools, including a web page editor, built-in style sheet editor, and screenshot overlay, offer additional efficiencies for the development and maintenance of engaging content. Additionally, a streamlined interface across the Record It! Wizard is designed to make content creation simpler, enabling users to quickly contribute content.
- Support Virtually Seamless Collaboration: Updates to the UPK Player help users share content with greater precision, making it easier to engage in informal learning, technical support, and knowledge sharing.
- Easily View and Manage Training Content: Powerful search functionality incorporated into the Knowledge Center and an updated In-Application Support Configuration Utility encourage better collaboration across content creation teams and streamline cross-functional administration.
- Spur Adoption Across Applications: With built-in recognition for user actions and user interfaces across all major Oracle applications and select third-party applications, Oracle UPK 12.1 supports a large set of applications in the industry. The latest release adds support for the latest versions of Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle's Siebel Open UI, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's PeopleSoft, and SAP GUI for Windows.
- Oracle UPK customers that are current on maintenance can upgrade to the latest version at no additional charge.
- "With the increasing pace of business technology innovation, organizations have greater opportunity to secure new efficiencies that positively impact business, talent and profits -- but only if users adopt and use the technology," said Taimur Mirza, senior director, Oracle Product Development. "With new features and enhancements requested by our customers, Oracle User Productivity Kit 12.1 helps organizations get up and running on enterprise applications faster and easier so their employees can focus more time on driving business results."
- Oracle User Productivity Kit
- What's New in UPK 12.1?
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Technical Specifications (PDF)
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Target Applications Technical Specifications
- Datasheet: UPK 12.1 Player File Size and Bandwidth
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Gartner Worldwide IT Spending Forecast, January 2014: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2643919
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" ...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,879
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,276
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,941
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Mar. 28, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,879
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, provided the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” used open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees learned where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructure. The...
Mar. 28, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 7,463
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,019
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,091
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 9,900
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,105
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,890
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 28, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,342
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 28, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 982
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 28, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,247
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, discussed how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a practic...
Mar. 28, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,378
ChatOps is an emerging topic that has led to the wide availability of integrations between group chat and various other tools/platforms. Currently, HipChat is an extremely powerful collaboration platform due to the various ChatOps integrations that are available. However, DevOps automation can involve orchestration and complex workflows. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Himanshu Chhetri, CTO at Addteq, will cover practical examples and use cases such as self-provisioning infra...
Mar. 27, 2017 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,063