|By Marketwired .||
|July 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As an institute at the forefront of patient-centered care and medical research, Netherlands-based Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam (Erasmus MC) seeks to accelerate genomic research and advance personalized medicine. The academic medical center selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine as the foundation for its next-generation genomics initiatives. The solution will help the medical center accelerate insight that will drive new treatments and improve patient outcomes.
- Erasmus MC, the largest university medical center in the Netherlands, selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center to support next-generation research initiatives to advance personalized medicine and improve patient outcomes.
- Erasmus MC plans to use the solution, which enables researchers to simultaneously analyze clinical and omics data, to reveal new insights, such as the discovery and validation of new biomarkers, which are expected to lead to more effective, personalized treatment recommendations.
- The inaugural project will focus on improving care and outcomes for patients with craniofacial malformations. The initiative will involve whole genome sequencing for > 1000 patients.
- Subsequently, Erasmus MC expects to deploy the platform across the enterprise, integrating clinical, operational and financial data to accelerate diagnosis, improve care, and gain insight into cost-effectiveness of specific treatments.
- Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center is a comprehensive platform that normalizes, aggregates, controls, and analyzes diverse clinical and molecular data to help researchers identify new predictive biomarkers and rapidly find subjects with similar clinical and omics characteristics to advance personalized medicine.
- Erasmus MC selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center because the organization believes it is ideally suited to provide its clinicians with the ability to rapidly analyze genotypic and phenotypic data from multiple internal and external sources at scale, increasingly necessary as whole genome sequencing moves into the clinic.
- Erasmus MC will run Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center on Oracle Exadata Database Machine, which will help ensure extreme performance on an enterprise-wide scale.
- "Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center -- and its ability to simultaneously query clinical and omics data -- will be vital to advancing our next-generational genomics research initiatives," said Jan A. Hazelzet, CMIO, Erasmus MC. "As we expand the deployment across our enterprise, the platform's centralized data warehouse will enable in-depth analysis of patient outcomes and cost of care from a single source of truth. We look forward to benefitting from Oracle's innovative, secure and scalable solution."
- "Oracle is committed to helping health sciences organizations drive innovation with solutions such as Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center," said Jonathan Sheldon, PhD, Global Vice President, Oracle Health Sciences. "The solution, running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine will provide Erasmus MC with the ability to unlock critical insight in its quest to advance personalized medicine."
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center
- Oracle Introduces New Version of Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center with On-Premise and Cloud Deployment Options
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 12, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 446
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 228
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 224
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 105
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 259
CIOs and those charged with running IT Operations are challenged to deliver secure, audited, and reliable compute environments for the applications and data for the business. Behind the scenes these tasks are often accomplished by following onerous time-consuming processes and often the management of these environments and processes will be outsourced to multiple IT service providers. In addition, the division of work is often siloed into traditional "towers" that are not well integrated for cro...
Feb. 12, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 497
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 12, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 448
Recognizing the need to identify and validate information security professionals’ competency in securing cloud services, the two leading membership organizations focused on cloud and information security, the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and (ISC)^2, joined together to develop an international cloud security credential that reflects the most current and comprehensive best practices for securing and optimizing cloud computing environments.
Feb. 12, 2016 11:45 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that FalconStor Software® Inc., a 15-year innovator of software-defined storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. FalconStor Software®, Inc. (NASDAQ: FALC) is a leading software-defined storage company offering a converged, hardware-agnostic, software-defined storage and data services platform. Its flagship solution FreeStor®, utilizes a horizonta...
Feb. 12, 2016 11:45 AM EST
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 12, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 299
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principal...
Feb. 12, 2016 11:16 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 12, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 433
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 12, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 139