|By Marketwired .||
|July 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As an institute at the forefront of patient-centered care and medical research, Netherlands-based Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam (Erasmus MC) seeks to accelerate genomic research and advance personalized medicine. The academic medical center selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine as the foundation for its next-generation genomics initiatives. The solution will help the medical center accelerate insight that will drive new treatments and improve patient outcomes.
- Erasmus MC, the largest university medical center in the Netherlands, selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center to support next-generation research initiatives to advance personalized medicine and improve patient outcomes.
- Erasmus MC plans to use the solution, which enables researchers to simultaneously analyze clinical and omics data, to reveal new insights, such as the discovery and validation of new biomarkers, which are expected to lead to more effective, personalized treatment recommendations.
- The inaugural project will focus on improving care and outcomes for patients with craniofacial malformations. The initiative will involve whole genome sequencing for > 1000 patients.
- Subsequently, Erasmus MC expects to deploy the platform across the enterprise, integrating clinical, operational and financial data to accelerate diagnosis, improve care, and gain insight into cost-effectiveness of specific treatments.
- Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center is a comprehensive platform that normalizes, aggregates, controls, and analyzes diverse clinical and molecular data to help researchers identify new predictive biomarkers and rapidly find subjects with similar clinical and omics characteristics to advance personalized medicine.
- Erasmus MC selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center because the organization believes it is ideally suited to provide its clinicians with the ability to rapidly analyze genotypic and phenotypic data from multiple internal and external sources at scale, increasingly necessary as whole genome sequencing moves into the clinic.
- Erasmus MC will run Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center on Oracle Exadata Database Machine, which will help ensure extreme performance on an enterprise-wide scale.
- "Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center -- and its ability to simultaneously query clinical and omics data -- will be vital to advancing our next-generational genomics research initiatives," said Jan A. Hazelzet, CMIO, Erasmus MC. "As we expand the deployment across our enterprise, the platform's centralized data warehouse will enable in-depth analysis of patient outcomes and cost of care from a single source of truth. We look forward to benefitting from Oracle's innovative, secure and scalable solution."
- "Oracle is committed to helping health sciences organizations drive innovation with solutions such as Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center," said Jonathan Sheldon, PhD, Global Vice President, Oracle Health Sciences. "The solution, running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine will provide Erasmus MC with the ability to unlock critical insight in its quest to advance personalized medicine."
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center
- Oracle Introduces New Version of Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center with On-Premise and Cloud Deployment Options
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Sep. 5, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,720
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 5, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 138
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Sep. 5, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 135
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as...
Sep. 5, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 142
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, will discuss how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the ...
Sep. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 114
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 294
ElasticBox, the agile application delivery manager, announced freely available public boxes for the DevOps community. ElasticBox works with enterprises to help them deploy any application to any cloud. Public boxes are curated reference boxes that represent some of the most popular applications and tools for orchestrating deployments at scale. Boxes are an adaptive way to represent reusable infrastructure as components of code. Boxes contain scripts, variables, and metadata to automate proces...
Sep. 5, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 152
To assist customers with legacy Windows Server 2003 that is no longer supported by Microsoft, Racemi has introduced fixed price packages for upgrading and migrating Windows Server 2003 servers to either Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 R2 and the choice of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or SoftLayer cloud. "We're extending a lifeline by upgrading the legacy servers to more modern Windows Server platforms while taking advantage of cloud computing," said James Strayer, vice president of product managem...
Sep. 5, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 117
To support developers and operations professionals in their push to implement DevOps principles for their infrastructure environments, ProfitBricks, a provider of cloud infrastructure, is adding support for DevOps tools Ansible and Chef. Ansible is a platform for configuring and managing data center infrastructure that combines multi-node software deployment, ad hoc task execution, and configuration management, and is used by DevOps professionals as they use its playbooks functionality to autom...
Sep. 5, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 157
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Sep. 5, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 465
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,006
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 619
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 418
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and e...
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 265
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Sep. 4, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 585