|By Marketwired .||
|July 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As an institute at the forefront of patient-centered care and medical research, Netherlands-based Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam (Erasmus MC) seeks to accelerate genomic research and advance personalized medicine. The academic medical center selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine as the foundation for its next-generation genomics initiatives. The solution will help the medical center accelerate insight that will drive new treatments and improve patient outcomes.
- Erasmus MC, the largest university medical center in the Netherlands, selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center to support next-generation research initiatives to advance personalized medicine and improve patient outcomes.
- Erasmus MC plans to use the solution, which enables researchers to simultaneously analyze clinical and omics data, to reveal new insights, such as the discovery and validation of new biomarkers, which are expected to lead to more effective, personalized treatment recommendations.
- The inaugural project will focus on improving care and outcomes for patients with craniofacial malformations. The initiative will involve whole genome sequencing for > 1000 patients.
- Subsequently, Erasmus MC expects to deploy the platform across the enterprise, integrating clinical, operational and financial data to accelerate diagnosis, improve care, and gain insight into cost-effectiveness of specific treatments.
- Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center is a comprehensive platform that normalizes, aggregates, controls, and analyzes diverse clinical and molecular data to help researchers identify new predictive biomarkers and rapidly find subjects with similar clinical and omics characteristics to advance personalized medicine.
- Erasmus MC selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center because the organization believes it is ideally suited to provide its clinicians with the ability to rapidly analyze genotypic and phenotypic data from multiple internal and external sources at scale, increasingly necessary as whole genome sequencing moves into the clinic.
- Erasmus MC will run Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center on Oracle Exadata Database Machine, which will help ensure extreme performance on an enterprise-wide scale.
- "Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center -- and its ability to simultaneously query clinical and omics data -- will be vital to advancing our next-generational genomics research initiatives," said Jan A. Hazelzet, CMIO, Erasmus MC. "As we expand the deployment across our enterprise, the platform's centralized data warehouse will enable in-depth analysis of patient outcomes and cost of care from a single source of truth. We look forward to benefitting from Oracle's innovative, secure and scalable solution."
- "Oracle is committed to helping health sciences organizations drive innovation with solutions such as Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center," said Jonathan Sheldon, PhD, Global Vice President, Oracle Health Sciences. "The solution, running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine will provide Erasmus MC with the ability to unlock critical insight in its quest to advance personalized medicine."
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center
- Oracle Introduces New Version of Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center with On-Premise and Cloud Deployment Options
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Jul. 5, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,193
Jul. 5, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,423
Jul. 5, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,806
Jul. 5, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,422
Jul. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,196
Jul. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,593
Jul. 5, 2015 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,457
Jul. 5, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,649
Jul. 5, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,571
Jul. 5, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,628
Jul. 5, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,025
Jul. 5, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,525
Jul. 5, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,998
Jul. 5, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,683
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Jul. 5, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,378