|By Marketwired .||
|July 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As an institute at the forefront of patient-centered care and medical research, Netherlands-based Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam (Erasmus MC) seeks to accelerate genomic research and advance personalized medicine. The academic medical center selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine as the foundation for its next-generation genomics initiatives. The solution will help the medical center accelerate insight that will drive new treatments and improve patient outcomes.
- Erasmus MC, the largest university medical center in the Netherlands, selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center to support next-generation research initiatives to advance personalized medicine and improve patient outcomes.
- Erasmus MC plans to use the solution, which enables researchers to simultaneously analyze clinical and omics data, to reveal new insights, such as the discovery and validation of new biomarkers, which are expected to lead to more effective, personalized treatment recommendations.
- The inaugural project will focus on improving care and outcomes for patients with craniofacial malformations. The initiative will involve whole genome sequencing for > 1000 patients.
- Subsequently, Erasmus MC expects to deploy the platform across the enterprise, integrating clinical, operational and financial data to accelerate diagnosis, improve care, and gain insight into cost-effectiveness of specific treatments.
- Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center is a comprehensive platform that normalizes, aggregates, controls, and analyzes diverse clinical and molecular data to help researchers identify new predictive biomarkers and rapidly find subjects with similar clinical and omics characteristics to advance personalized medicine.
- Erasmus MC selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center because the organization believes it is ideally suited to provide its clinicians with the ability to rapidly analyze genotypic and phenotypic data from multiple internal and external sources at scale, increasingly necessary as whole genome sequencing moves into the clinic.
- Erasmus MC will run Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center on Oracle Exadata Database Machine, which will help ensure extreme performance on an enterprise-wide scale.
- "Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center -- and its ability to simultaneously query clinical and omics data -- will be vital to advancing our next-generational genomics research initiatives," said Jan A. Hazelzet, CMIO, Erasmus MC. "As we expand the deployment across our enterprise, the platform's centralized data warehouse will enable in-depth analysis of patient outcomes and cost of care from a single source of truth. We look forward to benefitting from Oracle's innovative, secure and scalable solution."
- "Oracle is committed to helping health sciences organizations drive innovation with solutions such as Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center," said Jonathan Sheldon, PhD, Global Vice President, Oracle Health Sciences. "The solution, running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine will provide Erasmus MC with the ability to unlock critical insight in its quest to advance personalized medicine."
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center
- Oracle Introduces New Version of Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center with On-Premise and Cloud Deployment Options
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 28, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,139
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 28, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,382
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" ...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,901
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,288
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,955
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Mar. 28, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,890
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, provided the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” used open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees learned where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructure. The...
Mar. 28, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 7,474
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,029
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,113
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 9,905
Virtualization over the past years has become a key strategy for IT to acquire multi-tenancy, increase utilization, develop elasticity and improve security. And virtual machines (VMs) are quickly becoming a main vehicle for developing and deploying applications. The introduction of containers seems to be bringing another and perhaps overlapped solution for achieving the same above-mentioned benefits. Are a container and a virtual machine fundamentally the same or different? And how? Is one techn...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,119
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Mar. 28, 2017 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,900
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 28, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,357
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 28, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 991
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 28, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,252