|By Marketwired .||
|July 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As an institute at the forefront of patient-centered care and medical research, Netherlands-based Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam (Erasmus MC) seeks to accelerate genomic research and advance personalized medicine. The academic medical center selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine as the foundation for its next-generation genomics initiatives. The solution will help the medical center accelerate insight that will drive new treatments and improve patient outcomes.
- Erasmus MC, the largest university medical center in the Netherlands, selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center to support next-generation research initiatives to advance personalized medicine and improve patient outcomes.
- Erasmus MC plans to use the solution, which enables researchers to simultaneously analyze clinical and omics data, to reveal new insights, such as the discovery and validation of new biomarkers, which are expected to lead to more effective, personalized treatment recommendations.
- The inaugural project will focus on improving care and outcomes for patients with craniofacial malformations. The initiative will involve whole genome sequencing for > 1000 patients.
- Subsequently, Erasmus MC expects to deploy the platform across the enterprise, integrating clinical, operational and financial data to accelerate diagnosis, improve care, and gain insight into cost-effectiveness of specific treatments.
- Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center is a comprehensive platform that normalizes, aggregates, controls, and analyzes diverse clinical and molecular data to help researchers identify new predictive biomarkers and rapidly find subjects with similar clinical and omics characteristics to advance personalized medicine.
- Erasmus MC selected Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center because the organization believes it is ideally suited to provide its clinicians with the ability to rapidly analyze genotypic and phenotypic data from multiple internal and external sources at scale, increasingly necessary as whole genome sequencing moves into the clinic.
- Erasmus MC will run Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center on Oracle Exadata Database Machine, which will help ensure extreme performance on an enterprise-wide scale.
- "Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center -- and its ability to simultaneously query clinical and omics data -- will be vital to advancing our next-generational genomics research initiatives," said Jan A. Hazelzet, CMIO, Erasmus MC. "As we expand the deployment across our enterprise, the platform's centralized data warehouse will enable in-depth analysis of patient outcomes and cost of care from a single source of truth. We look forward to benefitting from Oracle's innovative, secure and scalable solution."
- "Oracle is committed to helping health sciences organizations drive innovation with solutions such as Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center," said Jonathan Sheldon, PhD, Global Vice President, Oracle Health Sciences. "The solution, running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine will provide Erasmus MC with the ability to unlock critical insight in its quest to advance personalized medicine."
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center
- Oracle Introduces New Version of Oracle Health Sciences Translational Research Center with On-Premise and Cloud Deployment Options
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Dec. 1, 2015 11:00 PM EST Reads: 295
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a global leader in monitoring, and testing the performance of online applications, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of DevOps Summit New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016 at the Javits Center in New York City. Catchpoint radically transforms the way businesses manage, monitor, and test the performance of online applications. Truly understand and improve user experience with clear visibility into complex, distributed online systems.Founde...
Dec. 1, 2015 10:15 PM EST Reads: 116
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Dec. 1, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 472
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Dec. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 506
"eFolder does a lot of different things but we protect data and we are focused on protecting data no matter where it resides," explained Carlo Tapia, Product Marketing Manager at eFolder, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST
Cloud computing is unquestionably one of the driving forces of DevOps, as the automation of operations transforms enterprise software development. DevOps, however, is more than a technology trend, as it represents a move toward silo-busting, self-organizing horizontal teams that drive business velocity. At the same time, enterprise Digital Transformation represents an upheaval across the enterprise, as customer preferences and behavior drive enterprise technology decisions. This transformation ...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:45 PM EST
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 385
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment proces...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 148
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 448
In demand-intensive mobile and web applications, an emerging pattern is to host the Systems of Engagement in the cloud (for maximum responsiveness) but keep the Systems of Record with the other important business systems in the company datacenter, often on a tightly secured mainframe. But what about the space in between? In this IBM Redpaper publication, we show that the IBM Bluemix cloud platform offers technologies that make it easy for cloud-based SoEs to securely connect to on-premises IBM...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 453
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Dec. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 551
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Dec. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 358
OpsHub, Inc. has announced enhanced support for DevOps and Migration for both Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio On-line in a heterogeneous environment. With added support for build and release entities in OpsHub Integration Manager (OIM) Microsoft customers can now leverage Visual Studio build and release services to manage DevOps processes in a heterogeneous environment. With the enhanced support customers can manage the DevOps process in Team Foundation Server while undertaking activit...
Dec. 1, 2015 01:42 PM EST
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Dec. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 310