|By Marketwired .||
|July 7, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/07/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
A new study from IDC, a leading provider of global IT research and advice, shows that IT complexity leads to lower profits and curbs an organization's ability to innovate and grow. Companies in the study who reduced IT complexities were able to realize average annual benefits of $83 million. They also achieved other benefits including faster time to market, better customer service, and the ability to reallocate IT staff to more strategic projects.
- Available today, a new IDC White Paper, sponsored by Oracle, titled "Simplifying IT to Drive Better Business Outcomes and Improved ROI" (June 2014) outlines the challenges that IT complexity creates in today's organizations.
- For the IT department, challenges include increased operational costs, reduced staff productivity and reduced ability to provide high levels of service to the business.
- For the business, IT complexities lead to lower profits, less innovation, reduced customer and user satisfaction and less competitive advantage.
- Companies who participated in the study were able to realize annual benefits of $3,610 per user through their IT simplification initiatives. The average company studied has approximately 23,000 IT users, which translates into annual benefits of $83 million.
- The study also found that IT simplification drives a number of non-dollar benefits, including improved user productivity, faster time to market, and better customer experience.
- Efforts to simplify IT included migrating to the cloud, investing in engineered systems, replacing legacy systems with modern applications, and other steps.
- Most participating organizations found that to truly simplify IT, they needed to replace their outdated infrastructure with a simpler, consolidated, modern foundation that was better equipped to address today's demands.
- Click here for access to the full report.
- "Many companies today are overwhelmed by the cost and competitive disadvantage that IT complexity can create," said IDC's Group Vice President, Software Business Solutions, Michael Fauscette. "By simplifying their IT infrastructure, organizations can devote more of their focus and resources to delivering innovation, driving productivity and keeping customers happy."
- "From the boardroom to the IT department, it is clear that battling complexity is a never-ending challenge organizations today must address," said Oracle Senior Vice President and Chief Communications Officer, Bob Evans. "Many of our customers are tired of doing all the integration work themselves, so they are investing in systems that are engineered to work together. Or they're migrating to cloud services that work well with each other. Those companies are spending less time and money on integration and maintenance, and more on innovation, so they are better positioned to compete and succeed."
Oracle commissioned the survey with IDC in 2014 to examine the degree of complexity in IT environments today and the benefits associated with simplifying those environments. The findings are based on in-depth interviews with senior business and IT executives in nine separate enterprises that span a variety of industries, including financial services, e-commerce, medical/life sciences, retail, defense/aviation, and government. The interviews also spanned a number of geographic regions, including the U.S., Europe, and Latin America.
- Simplifying IT to Drive Better Business Outcomes and Improved ROI
- Oracle's IT Complexity Assessment
- Oracle's Bob Evans on the Value of Simplifying IT
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2632325
Oct. 4, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 250
Oct. 4, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 428
Oct. 4, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 191
Oct. 4, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 353
Oct. 4, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 620
Oct. 4, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 549
Oct. 4, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 342
Oct. 4, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 610
Oct. 4, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 369
Oct. 4, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 665
Oct. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 386
Oct. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 305
Oct. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 714
Oct. 4, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 372
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the...
Oct. 4, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 693