|By Marketwired .||
|July 8, 2014 12:00 AM EDT||
DURANGO, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/08/14 -- Durango offers the perfect escape from the heat -- refreshing mountain lakes and rivers, cool patio dining, or meander into the mountains for a train ride, zip-line or raft trip. The high desert offers cool and crisp evenings to watch the stars, sit by a campfire or sip a pint of locally-brewed craft beer.
- Mesa Verde National Park: Experience shadows lighting the ruins of this UNESCO World Heritage Site on the Twilight Tour.
- Durango Mountain Resort: It's cooler in the mountains...find unparalleled hiking and biking, family fun and lively festivals like Music in the Mountains.
- Trimble Spa and Natural Hot Springs: Natural hot springs offers cool options including an Olympic size pool and picnic areas.
- Raft & Rail: An adventure combination: steam train trip and epic whitewater.
- Zip-Line at Soaring Tree Top Adventures: Through Ponderosa forests and over the Animas River, Soaring boasts the largest zip-line in North America.
- Trek by Train: Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad offers stunning wilderness views on daily trips to the historic mining town of Silverton.
- Dining on the Patio: Durango is a thriving center of history, arts, culture and dining. Enjoy patio dining: rooftop with a classy vibe, simple backyard with gardens, jazz music while enjoying local foods, or live outdoor music in the secret garden.
- Mountain Trail Rides: Rapp Corral, voted "Top 10 Places to go Horseback Riding" by USA Today, and Buck's Livery offer sunset rides, chuckwagon dinners or natural caves exploration.
- Dip or ducky on a lake: Durango means "water town" offering plenty of swim and float-worthy waters. Vallecito Lake is a stunning mountain lake or visit the Animas River as it flows through town.
- Tee-up: Hillcrest Golf Club rewards you with epic views. Dalton Ranch Golf Club features holes situated along the Animas River. The private Glacier Club is surrounded by 3 million acres of National Forest.
Whether it's cascading creeks, mountaintops, train rides or patio feasts and festivities, summer in Durango removes your worries and sends you back into the world refreshed and revived. Escape to the mountains and discover satisfaction without the sweat.
1-800-GO DURANGO, www.durango.org
"visitdurango" on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Phone: (970) 749-0991
E-Mail: [email protected]
Jul. 29, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,665
Jul. 29, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,678
Jul. 29, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,082
Jul. 29, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,987
Jul. 28, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,219
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,222
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,438
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,229
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,724
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,451
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,098
Jul. 28, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,716
Jul. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,236
Jul. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 402
Jul. 28, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,646