|By Marketwired .||
|July 8, 2014 08:10 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/08/14 -- More than 70 San Jose cannabis collectives have banded together and organized a protest against the city's plans to begin shutting them down on July 18th. A full media advisory is below. The protest will take place in front of San Jose City Hall from 12:00pm-7:10pm this Thursday, July 10th. The first 1,000 San Jose residents to attend will be given a voucher for a free medical cannabis evaluation, and if they qualify as a medical cannabis patient, they can get a free "cannabis card." All patients, collective employees and community supporters are invited to attend the protest and to sign a petition for a referendum that would stop the city from closing collectives.
Time is quickly running out for cannabis clubs in San Jose. Many are small businesses who have worked hard to establish what they have. Combined they employ well over 1,000 people in San Jose. However, in less than 10 days, these employers that provide vital services for hundreds of local patients will be shut down. Their staffs will be unemployed and the legal business they would have received will be shifted back to illegal drug dealers as desperate patients in need have little other recourse to get their medicine.
Dozens of collectives are working together to try to stop the shutdown, but need all the help they can get. They are reaching out to their San Jose members and having them, their families and friends sign the referendum. If the referendum does not succeed, many seriously ill medical cannabis patients who are unable to travel great distances will have no access to their medicine.
"For the past five years I have fought hard to see reasonable regulations in San Jose," said Dave Hodges, founder of the All American Cannabis Club (A2C2). "Unfortunately, if we cannot get the signatures needed for the referendum, A2C2 will close on July 18th. I will always support the cause, but A2C2 lacks the resources to continue the fight."
San Jose's new regulations require all medical concentrates, edibles and topicals be produced on-site, by the collective; something that's virtually impossible for the dozens of businesses currently operating in the city. Medical marijuana vendors statewide will not be allowed to provide any products to collectives in San Jose. Outdoor growing is banned as are medical marijuana patients ages 18 to 20 from working at, or even getting medication from, collectives.
"We need all the help we can get," said John Lee, Director of Control & Regulate San Jose (CRSJ). "For many clubs this is a do-or-die situation, with no other option available. They couldn't be more motivated to make this happen."
Media Advisory about the Protest & Rally this Thursday
A protest against the city of San Jose's plans to begin closing cannabis collectives in the city on July 18th, 2014
Thursday July 10th, 2014 from 12:00pm-7:10pm
In front of San Jose City Hall
200 E. Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA 95113
All San Jose medical marijuana patients, supporters, collectives and their employees and community supporters are invited to attend.
Unless enough signatures are gathered for the referendum, in 10 days the process of closing San Jose cannabis clubs will begin. The following 73 employers will be affected:
- 1. A Better Way - 3851 Charter Park Drive, Suite Q
- 2. A2C2 - 1082 Stockton Avenue
- 3. A2C2 - 3131 S. Bascom Avenue #220
- 4. Amsterdam's Garden - 2142 The Alameda
- 5. ARC - 246 East Gish Road
- 6. Blue Sky Care Center - 3039 Monterey Road
- 7. Buddy's - 4140 Stevens Creek Boulevard
- 8. Canna Culture Collective - 3591 Charter Park Drive
- 9. Capitol Collective - 459 S Capitol Avenue
- 10. Compassionate Care Clinics - 265 Meridian Avenue, Suite 9
- 11. Cookies - 972 Rincon Circle
- 12. DABS - 334 Commercial Street
- 13. Deals 4 Less - 156 S Jackson Avenue
- 14. Deals 4 Less - 1999 Monterey Road #130
- 15. Delta Heath Center - 3114 Story Road
- 16. Elemental Wellness - 711 Charcot Avenue
- 17. Fire House - 1629 Almaden Road
- 18. Fortune Wellness - 2231 Fortune Dr
- 19. Garden House Remedies - 1814 Hillsdale Avenue, Suite A
- 20. Greenjeans Place - 3229 S. Bascom Avenue, Suite A
- 21. GSCC - 623 N.1st Street
- 22. Harborside - 2106 Ringwood Avenue
- 23. HAZE - 2348 Alum Rock Avenue
- 24. HAZE - 1814 Hillsdale Ave Suite A
- 25. Herbs - 1420 S. Winchester Boulevard
- 26. Herbs - 282 San Jose Avenue
- 27. Herbs - 1641 West San Carlos Street
- 28. HHCC - 88 Tully Road, #107
- 29. I&I - 2630 Union Avenue
- 30. I&I - 1530 Alum Rock Avenue
- 31. Indicare - 2171 Del Franco Street
- 32. Leaf Lab - 847 Commercial Street
- 33. Magic Health - 1999 Monterey Highway, Suite 100
- 34. MediMarts - 1851 Little Orchard Street
- 35. MedMar Healing Center - 170 S Autumn Street
- 36. MINT Alternative Healing - 2322 Senter Road
- 37. Natural Herbal Pain Relief - 519 Parrott Street
- 38. NC3 - 2175 Stone Avenue, Suite 1
- 39. Nirvana Wellness - 1926 O'Toole Avenue
- 40. NorCal Care - 25 N. 14th Street, Suite 60
- 41. Palliative Health Center - 1670 Zanker Road Suite A
- 42. Papadon - 590 Lincoln Ave
- 43. Papadon's 420 Collective - 931 Commercial Street
- 44. Patient to Patients - 1692 Tully Road, Suite 6
- 45. Platinum Society - 1174 Lincoln Avenue
- 46. Portal Herbal Health - 1141 Ringwood Ct #100
- 47. Premium Fire - 2081 Bering Drive, Suite Y
- 48. Purple Lotus Patient Center - 903 Commercial Street #50
- 49. Pyramid Medicinal - 90 E. Gish Road, Suite 250
- 50. Revolution Health Center - 1621 Almaden Road
- 51. Bay Leaf - 1692 Tully Road #3
- 52. Bay Leaf - 3894 Monterey Highway
- 53. San Jose Health Center - 396 S Bascom Avenue
- 54. San Jose Medicinal Group - 52 S. 1st Street, Suite 220
- 55. San Jose Organic - 88 Tully Road, Suite 100
- 56. Santa Cruz Naturally - 93 N. 14th Street, Suite 4
- 57. Sensi Herbal Care - 21 Post Street
- 58. Serenity Collective - 2601 Senter Road
- 59. SJ Patients Group - 824 The Alameda
- 60. South Bay CRC - 90 Great Oaks Boulevard, Suite 202
- 61. South Bay Healing Center - 991 Saratoga Avenue, Suite 140
- 62. South Bay Natural Remedies - 2943 Daylight Way
- 63. South Valley Farmacy - 5591 Snell Avenue
- 64. Southbay Natural Remedies - 2950 Daylight Way
- 65. Story Wellness - 1221 Story Road, Suite 40
- 66. SVCare - 1711 Hamilton Avenue, Suite B
- 67. TreeHouse - 1937 Concourse Drive
- 68. YB Amber Pearl - 2129 S. 10th Street
- 69. YB Blossom Hill - 4464 Pearl Avenue
- 70. YB Pyramid - 1324 N 10th Street
- 71. YB Saratoga - 4211 Barrymore Drive
- 72. YB Valley Fair - 325 S. Monroe Street
- 73. 408 Collective - 2435 S. Bascom Avenue
Visit your local cannabis club to sign the referendum. For more information visit www.SVCannabis.org.
Erika Taylor Montgomery
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 6, 2016 07:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 703
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 321
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 6, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 348
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Feb. 6, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 679
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 6, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 336
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City, and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Feb. 6, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 510
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 6, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 535
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 6, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 313
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 6, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 199
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 6, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 130
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 6, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 118
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 163
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST