|By Marketwired .||
|July 8, 2014 08:10 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/08/14 -- More than 70 San Jose cannabis collectives have banded together and organized a protest against the city's plans to begin shutting them down on July 18th. A full media advisory is below. The protest will take place in front of San Jose City Hall from 12:00pm-7:10pm this Thursday, July 10th. The first 1,000 San Jose residents to attend will be given a voucher for a free medical cannabis evaluation, and if they qualify as a medical cannabis patient, they can get a free "cannabis card." All patients, collective employees and community supporters are invited to attend the protest and to sign a petition for a referendum that would stop the city from closing collectives.
Time is quickly running out for cannabis clubs in San Jose. Many are small businesses who have worked hard to establish what they have. Combined they employ well over 1,000 people in San Jose. However, in less than 10 days, these employers that provide vital services for hundreds of local patients will be shut down. Their staffs will be unemployed and the legal business they would have received will be shifted back to illegal drug dealers as desperate patients in need have little other recourse to get their medicine.
Dozens of collectives are working together to try to stop the shutdown, but need all the help they can get. They are reaching out to their San Jose members and having them, their families and friends sign the referendum. If the referendum does not succeed, many seriously ill medical cannabis patients who are unable to travel great distances will have no access to their medicine.
"For the past five years I have fought hard to see reasonable regulations in San Jose," said Dave Hodges, founder of the All American Cannabis Club (A2C2). "Unfortunately, if we cannot get the signatures needed for the referendum, A2C2 will close on July 18th. I will always support the cause, but A2C2 lacks the resources to continue the fight."
San Jose's new regulations require all medical concentrates, edibles and topicals be produced on-site, by the collective; something that's virtually impossible for the dozens of businesses currently operating in the city. Medical marijuana vendors statewide will not be allowed to provide any products to collectives in San Jose. Outdoor growing is banned as are medical marijuana patients ages 18 to 20 from working at, or even getting medication from, collectives.
"We need all the help we can get," said John Lee, Director of Control & Regulate San Jose (CRSJ). "For many clubs this is a do-or-die situation, with no other option available. They couldn't be more motivated to make this happen."
Media Advisory about the Protest & Rally this Thursday
A protest against the city of San Jose's plans to begin closing cannabis collectives in the city on July 18th, 2014
Thursday July 10th, 2014 from 12:00pm-7:10pm
In front of San Jose City Hall
200 E. Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA 95113
All San Jose medical marijuana patients, supporters, collectives and their employees and community supporters are invited to attend.
Unless enough signatures are gathered for the referendum, in 10 days the process of closing San Jose cannabis clubs will begin. The following 73 employers will be affected:
- 1. A Better Way - 3851 Charter Park Drive, Suite Q
- 2. A2C2 - 1082 Stockton Avenue
- 3. A2C2 - 3131 S. Bascom Avenue #220
- 4. Amsterdam's Garden - 2142 The Alameda
- 5. ARC - 246 East Gish Road
- 6. Blue Sky Care Center - 3039 Monterey Road
- 7. Buddy's - 4140 Stevens Creek Boulevard
- 8. Canna Culture Collective - 3591 Charter Park Drive
- 9. Capitol Collective - 459 S Capitol Avenue
- 10. Compassionate Care Clinics - 265 Meridian Avenue, Suite 9
- 11. Cookies - 972 Rincon Circle
- 12. DABS - 334 Commercial Street
- 13. Deals 4 Less - 156 S Jackson Avenue
- 14. Deals 4 Less - 1999 Monterey Road #130
- 15. Delta Heath Center - 3114 Story Road
- 16. Elemental Wellness - 711 Charcot Avenue
- 17. Fire House - 1629 Almaden Road
- 18. Fortune Wellness - 2231 Fortune Dr
- 19. Garden House Remedies - 1814 Hillsdale Avenue, Suite A
- 20. Greenjeans Place - 3229 S. Bascom Avenue, Suite A
- 21. GSCC - 623 N.1st Street
- 22. Harborside - 2106 Ringwood Avenue
- 23. HAZE - 2348 Alum Rock Avenue
- 24. HAZE - 1814 Hillsdale Ave Suite A
- 25. Herbs - 1420 S. Winchester Boulevard
- 26. Herbs - 282 San Jose Avenue
- 27. Herbs - 1641 West San Carlos Street
- 28. HHCC - 88 Tully Road, #107
- 29. I&I - 2630 Union Avenue
- 30. I&I - 1530 Alum Rock Avenue
- 31. Indicare - 2171 Del Franco Street
- 32. Leaf Lab - 847 Commercial Street
- 33. Magic Health - 1999 Monterey Highway, Suite 100
- 34. MediMarts - 1851 Little Orchard Street
- 35. MedMar Healing Center - 170 S Autumn Street
- 36. MINT Alternative Healing - 2322 Senter Road
- 37. Natural Herbal Pain Relief - 519 Parrott Street
- 38. NC3 - 2175 Stone Avenue, Suite 1
- 39. Nirvana Wellness - 1926 O'Toole Avenue
- 40. NorCal Care - 25 N. 14th Street, Suite 60
- 41. Palliative Health Center - 1670 Zanker Road Suite A
- 42. Papadon - 590 Lincoln Ave
- 43. Papadon's 420 Collective - 931 Commercial Street
- 44. Patient to Patients - 1692 Tully Road, Suite 6
- 45. Platinum Society - 1174 Lincoln Avenue
- 46. Portal Herbal Health - 1141 Ringwood Ct #100
- 47. Premium Fire - 2081 Bering Drive, Suite Y
- 48. Purple Lotus Patient Center - 903 Commercial Street #50
- 49. Pyramid Medicinal - 90 E. Gish Road, Suite 250
- 50. Revolution Health Center - 1621 Almaden Road
- 51. Bay Leaf - 1692 Tully Road #3
- 52. Bay Leaf - 3894 Monterey Highway
- 53. San Jose Health Center - 396 S Bascom Avenue
- 54. San Jose Medicinal Group - 52 S. 1st Street, Suite 220
- 55. San Jose Organic - 88 Tully Road, Suite 100
- 56. Santa Cruz Naturally - 93 N. 14th Street, Suite 4
- 57. Sensi Herbal Care - 21 Post Street
- 58. Serenity Collective - 2601 Senter Road
- 59. SJ Patients Group - 824 The Alameda
- 60. South Bay CRC - 90 Great Oaks Boulevard, Suite 202
- 61. South Bay Healing Center - 991 Saratoga Avenue, Suite 140
- 62. South Bay Natural Remedies - 2943 Daylight Way
- 63. South Valley Farmacy - 5591 Snell Avenue
- 64. Southbay Natural Remedies - 2950 Daylight Way
- 65. Story Wellness - 1221 Story Road, Suite 40
- 66. SVCare - 1711 Hamilton Avenue, Suite B
- 67. TreeHouse - 1937 Concourse Drive
- 68. YB Amber Pearl - 2129 S. 10th Street
- 69. YB Blossom Hill - 4464 Pearl Avenue
- 70. YB Pyramid - 1324 N 10th Street
- 71. YB Saratoga - 4211 Barrymore Drive
- 72. YB Valley Fair - 325 S. Monroe Street
- 73. 408 Collective - 2435 S. Bascom Avenue
Visit your local cannabis club to sign the referendum. For more information visit www.SVCannabis.org.
Erika Taylor Montgomery
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,629
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,103
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 553
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,584
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,722
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,226
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,568
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,182
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,343
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,644
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,830
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 20, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 747
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 6,084
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 3,699
"This week we're really focusing on scalability, asset preservation and how do you back up to the cloud and in the cloud with object storage, which is really a new way of attacking dealing with your file, your blocked data, where you put it and how you access it," stated Jeff Greenwald, Senior Director of Market Development at HGST, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 20, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 5,509