|By Marketwired .||
|July 8, 2014 08:10 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/08/14 -- More than 70 San Jose cannabis collectives have banded together and organized a protest against the city's plans to begin shutting them down on July 18th. A full media advisory is below. The protest will take place in front of San Jose City Hall from 12:00pm-7:10pm this Thursday, July 10th. The first 1,000 San Jose residents to attend will be given a voucher for a free medical cannabis evaluation, and if they qualify as a medical cannabis patient, they can get a free "cannabis card." All patients, collective employees and community supporters are invited to attend the protest and to sign a petition for a referendum that would stop the city from closing collectives.
Time is quickly running out for cannabis clubs in San Jose. Many are small businesses who have worked hard to establish what they have. Combined they employ well over 1,000 people in San Jose. However, in less than 10 days, these employers that provide vital services for hundreds of local patients will be shut down. Their staffs will be unemployed and the legal business they would have received will be shifted back to illegal drug dealers as desperate patients in need have little other recourse to get their medicine.
Dozens of collectives are working together to try to stop the shutdown, but need all the help they can get. They are reaching out to their San Jose members and having them, their families and friends sign the referendum. If the referendum does not succeed, many seriously ill medical cannabis patients who are unable to travel great distances will have no access to their medicine.
"For the past five years I have fought hard to see reasonable regulations in San Jose," said Dave Hodges, founder of the All American Cannabis Club (A2C2). "Unfortunately, if we cannot get the signatures needed for the referendum, A2C2 will close on July 18th. I will always support the cause, but A2C2 lacks the resources to continue the fight."
San Jose's new regulations require all medical concentrates, edibles and topicals be produced on-site, by the collective; something that's virtually impossible for the dozens of businesses currently operating in the city. Medical marijuana vendors statewide will not be allowed to provide any products to collectives in San Jose. Outdoor growing is banned as are medical marijuana patients ages 18 to 20 from working at, or even getting medication from, collectives.
"We need all the help we can get," said John Lee, Director of Control & Regulate San Jose (CRSJ). "For many clubs this is a do-or-die situation, with no other option available. They couldn't be more motivated to make this happen."
Media Advisory about the Protest & Rally this Thursday
A protest against the city of San Jose's plans to begin closing cannabis collectives in the city on July 18th, 2014
Thursday July 10th, 2014 from 12:00pm-7:10pm
In front of San Jose City Hall
200 E. Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA 95113
All San Jose medical marijuana patients, supporters, collectives and their employees and community supporters are invited to attend.
Unless enough signatures are gathered for the referendum, in 10 days the process of closing San Jose cannabis clubs will begin. The following 73 employers will be affected:
- 1. A Better Way - 3851 Charter Park Drive, Suite Q
- 2. A2C2 - 1082 Stockton Avenue
- 3. A2C2 - 3131 S. Bascom Avenue #220
- 4. Amsterdam's Garden - 2142 The Alameda
- 5. ARC - 246 East Gish Road
- 6. Blue Sky Care Center - 3039 Monterey Road
- 7. Buddy's - 4140 Stevens Creek Boulevard
- 8. Canna Culture Collective - 3591 Charter Park Drive
- 9. Capitol Collective - 459 S Capitol Avenue
- 10. Compassionate Care Clinics - 265 Meridian Avenue, Suite 9
- 11. Cookies - 972 Rincon Circle
- 12. DABS - 334 Commercial Street
- 13. Deals 4 Less - 156 S Jackson Avenue
- 14. Deals 4 Less - 1999 Monterey Road #130
- 15. Delta Heath Center - 3114 Story Road
- 16. Elemental Wellness - 711 Charcot Avenue
- 17. Fire House - 1629 Almaden Road
- 18. Fortune Wellness - 2231 Fortune Dr
- 19. Garden House Remedies - 1814 Hillsdale Avenue, Suite A
- 20. Greenjeans Place - 3229 S. Bascom Avenue, Suite A
- 21. GSCC - 623 N.1st Street
- 22. Harborside - 2106 Ringwood Avenue
- 23. HAZE - 2348 Alum Rock Avenue
- 24. HAZE - 1814 Hillsdale Ave Suite A
- 25. Herbs - 1420 S. Winchester Boulevard
- 26. Herbs - 282 San Jose Avenue
- 27. Herbs - 1641 West San Carlos Street
- 28. HHCC - 88 Tully Road, #107
- 29. I&I - 2630 Union Avenue
- 30. I&I - 1530 Alum Rock Avenue
- 31. Indicare - 2171 Del Franco Street
- 32. Leaf Lab - 847 Commercial Street
- 33. Magic Health - 1999 Monterey Highway, Suite 100
- 34. MediMarts - 1851 Little Orchard Street
- 35. MedMar Healing Center - 170 S Autumn Street
- 36. MINT Alternative Healing - 2322 Senter Road
- 37. Natural Herbal Pain Relief - 519 Parrott Street
- 38. NC3 - 2175 Stone Avenue, Suite 1
- 39. Nirvana Wellness - 1926 O'Toole Avenue
- 40. NorCal Care - 25 N. 14th Street, Suite 60
- 41. Palliative Health Center - 1670 Zanker Road Suite A
- 42. Papadon - 590 Lincoln Ave
- 43. Papadon's 420 Collective - 931 Commercial Street
- 44. Patient to Patients - 1692 Tully Road, Suite 6
- 45. Platinum Society - 1174 Lincoln Avenue
- 46. Portal Herbal Health - 1141 Ringwood Ct #100
- 47. Premium Fire - 2081 Bering Drive, Suite Y
- 48. Purple Lotus Patient Center - 903 Commercial Street #50
- 49. Pyramid Medicinal - 90 E. Gish Road, Suite 250
- 50. Revolution Health Center - 1621 Almaden Road
- 51. Bay Leaf - 1692 Tully Road #3
- 52. Bay Leaf - 3894 Monterey Highway
- 53. San Jose Health Center - 396 S Bascom Avenue
- 54. San Jose Medicinal Group - 52 S. 1st Street, Suite 220
- 55. San Jose Organic - 88 Tully Road, Suite 100
- 56. Santa Cruz Naturally - 93 N. 14th Street, Suite 4
- 57. Sensi Herbal Care - 21 Post Street
- 58. Serenity Collective - 2601 Senter Road
- 59. SJ Patients Group - 824 The Alameda
- 60. South Bay CRC - 90 Great Oaks Boulevard, Suite 202
- 61. South Bay Healing Center - 991 Saratoga Avenue, Suite 140
- 62. South Bay Natural Remedies - 2943 Daylight Way
- 63. South Valley Farmacy - 5591 Snell Avenue
- 64. Southbay Natural Remedies - 2950 Daylight Way
- 65. Story Wellness - 1221 Story Road, Suite 40
- 66. SVCare - 1711 Hamilton Avenue, Suite B
- 67. TreeHouse - 1937 Concourse Drive
- 68. YB Amber Pearl - 2129 S. 10th Street
- 69. YB Blossom Hill - 4464 Pearl Avenue
- 70. YB Pyramid - 1324 N 10th Street
- 71. YB Saratoga - 4211 Barrymore Drive
- 72. YB Valley Fair - 325 S. Monroe Street
- 73. 408 Collective - 2435 S. Bascom Avenue
Visit your local cannabis club to sign the referendum. For more information visit www.SVCannabis.org.
Erika Taylor Montgomery
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,096
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 24, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 773
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 24, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,064
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 24, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 956
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 24, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,009
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 24, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 756
As machines are increasingly connected to the internet, it’s becoming easier to discover the numerous ways Industrial IoT (IIoT) is helping to shape the business world. This is exactly why we have decided to take a closer look at this pervasive movement and to examine the desire to connect more things! Now if you need a refresher on IIoT and how it is changing the world, take a moment and listen to Greg Gorbach with ARC Advisory Group. Gorbach believes, "IIoT will significantly change the worl...
May. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,797
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
May. 24, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 954
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
May. 24, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,651
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit y...
May. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,847
Cloud computing changed data analytics for good. It enabled companies to drastically decrease resources and architecture previously assigned with business intelligence departments. It also enabled laymen to run advanced business analytics. Cloud was also the architecture of choice for storing and processing big data. Data piling is a continuous process, which is going to explode with emerging Internet of Things concept. Answer to this issue developers found in new concept called fog computing. ...
May. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,827
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will discuss the vast to...
May. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,355
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
May. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,682
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,082
SYS-CON Events announced today the How to Create Angular 2 Clients for the Cloud Workshop, being held June 7, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified. Now it’s a component-based well-performing framework. The immersive one-day workshop led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and...
May. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,852