|By Marketwired .||
|July 8, 2014 08:10 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/08/14 -- More than 70 San Jose cannabis collectives have banded together and organized a protest against the city's plans to begin shutting them down on July 18th. A full media advisory is below. The protest will take place in front of San Jose City Hall from 12:00pm-7:10pm this Thursday, July 10th. The first 1,000 San Jose residents to attend will be given a voucher for a free medical cannabis evaluation, and if they qualify as a medical cannabis patient, they can get a free "cannabis card." All patients, collective employees and community supporters are invited to attend the protest and to sign a petition for a referendum that would stop the city from closing collectives.
Time is quickly running out for cannabis clubs in San Jose. Many are small businesses who have worked hard to establish what they have. Combined they employ well over 1,000 people in San Jose. However, in less than 10 days, these employers that provide vital services for hundreds of local patients will be shut down. Their staffs will be unemployed and the legal business they would have received will be shifted back to illegal drug dealers as desperate patients in need have little other recourse to get their medicine.
Dozens of collectives are working together to try to stop the shutdown, but need all the help they can get. They are reaching out to their San Jose members and having them, their families and friends sign the referendum. If the referendum does not succeed, many seriously ill medical cannabis patients who are unable to travel great distances will have no access to their medicine.
"For the past five years I have fought hard to see reasonable regulations in San Jose," said Dave Hodges, founder of the All American Cannabis Club (A2C2). "Unfortunately, if we cannot get the signatures needed for the referendum, A2C2 will close on July 18th. I will always support the cause, but A2C2 lacks the resources to continue the fight."
San Jose's new regulations require all medical concentrates, edibles and topicals be produced on-site, by the collective; something that's virtually impossible for the dozens of businesses currently operating in the city. Medical marijuana vendors statewide will not be allowed to provide any products to collectives in San Jose. Outdoor growing is banned as are medical marijuana patients ages 18 to 20 from working at, or even getting medication from, collectives.
"We need all the help we can get," said John Lee, Director of Control & Regulate San Jose (CRSJ). "For many clubs this is a do-or-die situation, with no other option available. They couldn't be more motivated to make this happen."
Media Advisory about the Protest & Rally this Thursday
A protest against the city of San Jose's plans to begin closing cannabis collectives in the city on July 18th, 2014
Thursday July 10th, 2014 from 12:00pm-7:10pm
In front of San Jose City Hall
200 E. Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA 95113
All San Jose medical marijuana patients, supporters, collectives and their employees and community supporters are invited to attend.
Unless enough signatures are gathered for the referendum, in 10 days the process of closing San Jose cannabis clubs will begin. The following 73 employers will be affected:
- 1. A Better Way - 3851 Charter Park Drive, Suite Q
- 2. A2C2 - 1082 Stockton Avenue
- 3. A2C2 - 3131 S. Bascom Avenue #220
- 4. Amsterdam's Garden - 2142 The Alameda
- 5. ARC - 246 East Gish Road
- 6. Blue Sky Care Center - 3039 Monterey Road
- 7. Buddy's - 4140 Stevens Creek Boulevard
- 8. Canna Culture Collective - 3591 Charter Park Drive
- 9. Capitol Collective - 459 S Capitol Avenue
- 10. Compassionate Care Clinics - 265 Meridian Avenue, Suite 9
- 11. Cookies - 972 Rincon Circle
- 12. DABS - 334 Commercial Street
- 13. Deals 4 Less - 156 S Jackson Avenue
- 14. Deals 4 Less - 1999 Monterey Road #130
- 15. Delta Heath Center - 3114 Story Road
- 16. Elemental Wellness - 711 Charcot Avenue
- 17. Fire House - 1629 Almaden Road
- 18. Fortune Wellness - 2231 Fortune Dr
- 19. Garden House Remedies - 1814 Hillsdale Avenue, Suite A
- 20. Greenjeans Place - 3229 S. Bascom Avenue, Suite A
- 21. GSCC - 623 N.1st Street
- 22. Harborside - 2106 Ringwood Avenue
- 23. HAZE - 2348 Alum Rock Avenue
- 24. HAZE - 1814 Hillsdale Ave Suite A
- 25. Herbs - 1420 S. Winchester Boulevard
- 26. Herbs - 282 San Jose Avenue
- 27. Herbs - 1641 West San Carlos Street
- 28. HHCC - 88 Tully Road, #107
- 29. I&I - 2630 Union Avenue
- 30. I&I - 1530 Alum Rock Avenue
- 31. Indicare - 2171 Del Franco Street
- 32. Leaf Lab - 847 Commercial Street
- 33. Magic Health - 1999 Monterey Highway, Suite 100
- 34. MediMarts - 1851 Little Orchard Street
- 35. MedMar Healing Center - 170 S Autumn Street
- 36. MINT Alternative Healing - 2322 Senter Road
- 37. Natural Herbal Pain Relief - 519 Parrott Street
- 38. NC3 - 2175 Stone Avenue, Suite 1
- 39. Nirvana Wellness - 1926 O'Toole Avenue
- 40. NorCal Care - 25 N. 14th Street, Suite 60
- 41. Palliative Health Center - 1670 Zanker Road Suite A
- 42. Papadon - 590 Lincoln Ave
- 43. Papadon's 420 Collective - 931 Commercial Street
- 44. Patient to Patients - 1692 Tully Road, Suite 6
- 45. Platinum Society - 1174 Lincoln Avenue
- 46. Portal Herbal Health - 1141 Ringwood Ct #100
- 47. Premium Fire - 2081 Bering Drive, Suite Y
- 48. Purple Lotus Patient Center - 903 Commercial Street #50
- 49. Pyramid Medicinal - 90 E. Gish Road, Suite 250
- 50. Revolution Health Center - 1621 Almaden Road
- 51. Bay Leaf - 1692 Tully Road #3
- 52. Bay Leaf - 3894 Monterey Highway
- 53. San Jose Health Center - 396 S Bascom Avenue
- 54. San Jose Medicinal Group - 52 S. 1st Street, Suite 220
- 55. San Jose Organic - 88 Tully Road, Suite 100
- 56. Santa Cruz Naturally - 93 N. 14th Street, Suite 4
- 57. Sensi Herbal Care - 21 Post Street
- 58. Serenity Collective - 2601 Senter Road
- 59. SJ Patients Group - 824 The Alameda
- 60. South Bay CRC - 90 Great Oaks Boulevard, Suite 202
- 61. South Bay Healing Center - 991 Saratoga Avenue, Suite 140
- 62. South Bay Natural Remedies - 2943 Daylight Way
- 63. South Valley Farmacy - 5591 Snell Avenue
- 64. Southbay Natural Remedies - 2950 Daylight Way
- 65. Story Wellness - 1221 Story Road, Suite 40
- 66. SVCare - 1711 Hamilton Avenue, Suite B
- 67. TreeHouse - 1937 Concourse Drive
- 68. YB Amber Pearl - 2129 S. 10th Street
- 69. YB Blossom Hill - 4464 Pearl Avenue
- 70. YB Pyramid - 1324 N 10th Street
- 71. YB Saratoga - 4211 Barrymore Drive
- 72. YB Valley Fair - 325 S. Monroe Street
- 73. 408 Collective - 2435 S. Bascom Avenue
Visit your local cannabis club to sign the referendum. For more information visit www.SVCannabis.org.
Erika Taylor Montgomery
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Feb. 27, 2017 11:45 PM EST Reads: 888
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Feb. 27, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 9,158
Ayehu provides IT Process Automation & Orchestration solutions for IT and Security professionals to identify and resolve critical incidents and enable rapid containment, eradication, and recovery from cyber security breaches. Ayehu provides customers greater control over IT infrastructure through automation. Ayehu solutions have been deployed by major enterprises worldwide, and currently, support thousands of IT processes across the globe. The company has offices in New York, California, and Isr...
Feb. 27, 2017 10:45 PM EST Reads: 799
Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said "No to LUNs." With Tintri they manage only virtual machines, in a fraction of the footprint and at far lower cost than conventional storage. Tintri offers the choice of all-flash or hybrid-flash platform, converged or stand-alone structure and any hypervisor. Rather than obsess with storage, leaders focus on the business app...
Feb. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 700
Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products and services around this fundamentally unique approach to delivering complete software release management solutions. With a combination of Addteq's services and our extensive list of partners,...
Feb. 27, 2017 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,299
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Feb. 27, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 4,174
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 27, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 7,965
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 7,383
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 1,634
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 2,267
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,994
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,607
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,219
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain.
Feb. 27, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 2,269
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 27, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,150