|By Marketwired .||
|July 8, 2014 08:10 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/08/14 -- More than 70 San Jose cannabis collectives have banded together and organized a protest against the city's plans to begin shutting them down on July 18th. A full media advisory is below. The protest will take place in front of San Jose City Hall from 12:00pm-7:10pm this Thursday, July 10th. The first 1,000 San Jose residents to attend will be given a voucher for a free medical cannabis evaluation, and if they qualify as a medical cannabis patient, they can get a free "cannabis card." All patients, collective employees and community supporters are invited to attend the protest and to sign a petition for a referendum that would stop the city from closing collectives.
Time is quickly running out for cannabis clubs in San Jose. Many are small businesses who have worked hard to establish what they have. Combined they employ well over 1,000 people in San Jose. However, in less than 10 days, these employers that provide vital services for hundreds of local patients will be shut down. Their staffs will be unemployed and the legal business they would have received will be shifted back to illegal drug dealers as desperate patients in need have little other recourse to get their medicine.
Dozens of collectives are working together to try to stop the shutdown, but need all the help they can get. They are reaching out to their San Jose members and having them, their families and friends sign the referendum. If the referendum does not succeed, many seriously ill medical cannabis patients who are unable to travel great distances will have no access to their medicine.
"For the past five years I have fought hard to see reasonable regulations in San Jose," said Dave Hodges, founder of the All American Cannabis Club (A2C2). "Unfortunately, if we cannot get the signatures needed for the referendum, A2C2 will close on July 18th. I will always support the cause, but A2C2 lacks the resources to continue the fight."
San Jose's new regulations require all medical concentrates, edibles and topicals be produced on-site, by the collective; something that's virtually impossible for the dozens of businesses currently operating in the city. Medical marijuana vendors statewide will not be allowed to provide any products to collectives in San Jose. Outdoor growing is banned as are medical marijuana patients ages 18 to 20 from working at, or even getting medication from, collectives.
"We need all the help we can get," said John Lee, Director of Control & Regulate San Jose (CRSJ). "For many clubs this is a do-or-die situation, with no other option available. They couldn't be more motivated to make this happen."
Media Advisory about the Protest & Rally this Thursday
A protest against the city of San Jose's plans to begin closing cannabis collectives in the city on July 18th, 2014
Thursday July 10th, 2014 from 12:00pm-7:10pm
In front of San Jose City Hall
200 E. Santa Clara Street
San Jose, CA 95113
All San Jose medical marijuana patients, supporters, collectives and their employees and community supporters are invited to attend.
Unless enough signatures are gathered for the referendum, in 10 days the process of closing San Jose cannabis clubs will begin. The following 73 employers will be affected:
- 1. A Better Way - 3851 Charter Park Drive, Suite Q
- 2. A2C2 - 1082 Stockton Avenue
- 3. A2C2 - 3131 S. Bascom Avenue #220
- 4. Amsterdam's Garden - 2142 The Alameda
- 5. ARC - 246 East Gish Road
- 6. Blue Sky Care Center - 3039 Monterey Road
- 7. Buddy's - 4140 Stevens Creek Boulevard
- 8. Canna Culture Collective - 3591 Charter Park Drive
- 9. Capitol Collective - 459 S Capitol Avenue
- 10. Compassionate Care Clinics - 265 Meridian Avenue, Suite 9
- 11. Cookies - 972 Rincon Circle
- 12. DABS - 334 Commercial Street
- 13. Deals 4 Less - 156 S Jackson Avenue
- 14. Deals 4 Less - 1999 Monterey Road #130
- 15. Delta Heath Center - 3114 Story Road
- 16. Elemental Wellness - 711 Charcot Avenue
- 17. Fire House - 1629 Almaden Road
- 18. Fortune Wellness - 2231 Fortune Dr
- 19. Garden House Remedies - 1814 Hillsdale Avenue, Suite A
- 20. Greenjeans Place - 3229 S. Bascom Avenue, Suite A
- 21. GSCC - 623 N.1st Street
- 22. Harborside - 2106 Ringwood Avenue
- 23. HAZE - 2348 Alum Rock Avenue
- 24. HAZE - 1814 Hillsdale Ave Suite A
- 25. Herbs - 1420 S. Winchester Boulevard
- 26. Herbs - 282 San Jose Avenue
- 27. Herbs - 1641 West San Carlos Street
- 28. HHCC - 88 Tully Road, #107
- 29. I&I - 2630 Union Avenue
- 30. I&I - 1530 Alum Rock Avenue
- 31. Indicare - 2171 Del Franco Street
- 32. Leaf Lab - 847 Commercial Street
- 33. Magic Health - 1999 Monterey Highway, Suite 100
- 34. MediMarts - 1851 Little Orchard Street
- 35. MedMar Healing Center - 170 S Autumn Street
- 36. MINT Alternative Healing - 2322 Senter Road
- 37. Natural Herbal Pain Relief - 519 Parrott Street
- 38. NC3 - 2175 Stone Avenue, Suite 1
- 39. Nirvana Wellness - 1926 O'Toole Avenue
- 40. NorCal Care - 25 N. 14th Street, Suite 60
- 41. Palliative Health Center - 1670 Zanker Road Suite A
- 42. Papadon - 590 Lincoln Ave
- 43. Papadon's 420 Collective - 931 Commercial Street
- 44. Patient to Patients - 1692 Tully Road, Suite 6
- 45. Platinum Society - 1174 Lincoln Avenue
- 46. Portal Herbal Health - 1141 Ringwood Ct #100
- 47. Premium Fire - 2081 Bering Drive, Suite Y
- 48. Purple Lotus Patient Center - 903 Commercial Street #50
- 49. Pyramid Medicinal - 90 E. Gish Road, Suite 250
- 50. Revolution Health Center - 1621 Almaden Road
- 51. Bay Leaf - 1692 Tully Road #3
- 52. Bay Leaf - 3894 Monterey Highway
- 53. San Jose Health Center - 396 S Bascom Avenue
- 54. San Jose Medicinal Group - 52 S. 1st Street, Suite 220
- 55. San Jose Organic - 88 Tully Road, Suite 100
- 56. Santa Cruz Naturally - 93 N. 14th Street, Suite 4
- 57. Sensi Herbal Care - 21 Post Street
- 58. Serenity Collective - 2601 Senter Road
- 59. SJ Patients Group - 824 The Alameda
- 60. South Bay CRC - 90 Great Oaks Boulevard, Suite 202
- 61. South Bay Healing Center - 991 Saratoga Avenue, Suite 140
- 62. South Bay Natural Remedies - 2943 Daylight Way
- 63. South Valley Farmacy - 5591 Snell Avenue
- 64. Southbay Natural Remedies - 2950 Daylight Way
- 65. Story Wellness - 1221 Story Road, Suite 40
- 66. SVCare - 1711 Hamilton Avenue, Suite B
- 67. TreeHouse - 1937 Concourse Drive
- 68. YB Amber Pearl - 2129 S. 10th Street
- 69. YB Blossom Hill - 4464 Pearl Avenue
- 70. YB Pyramid - 1324 N 10th Street
- 71. YB Saratoga - 4211 Barrymore Drive
- 72. YB Valley Fair - 325 S. Monroe Street
- 73. 408 Collective - 2435 S. Bascom Avenue
Visit your local cannabis club to sign the referendum. For more information visit www.SVCannabis.org.
Erika Taylor Montgomery
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,489
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Nick Son, Vice President of Cyber Risk & Public Sector at Coalfire, will discuss the latest information on the FedRAMP Program. Topics will cover: FedRAMP Readiness Assessment Report (RAR). This new process is designed to streamline and accelerate the FedRAMP process from the traditional timeline by initially focusing on technical capability instead of documentation preparedness. FedRAMP for High-impact level systems. Early in 2016 FedRAMP officially publishe...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 675
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Oct. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,243
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 409
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls...
Oct. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 398
Qosmos, the market leader for IP traffic classification and network intelligence technology, has announced that it will launch the Launch L7 Viewer at CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley, being held November 1 – 3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The L7 Viewer is a traffic analysis tool that provides complete visibility of all network traffic that crosses a virtualized infrastructure, up to Layer 7. It facilitates and accelerates common IT tasks such as VM migra...
Oct. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 664
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, will discuss the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They will also review two "free infrastruct...
Oct. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 381
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 28, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,940
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, you'll learn about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how Docke...
Oct. 28, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,731
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Oct. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 323
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,331
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 334
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 785
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,256