|By Business Wire||
|July 8, 2014 09:09 AM EDT||
Nutanix, the web-scale converged infrastructure company, today announced validation of its private cloud reference architecture using Microsoft Windows Azure Pack, Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V and System Center. Customers can use any model of the Nutanix Virtual Computing Platform to create their own Microsoft Private Cloud. The configuration was validated by Microsoft for their Private Cloud Fast Track program and includes Windows Azure Pack, which enables organizations to deploy a turnkey, on-premises private cloud and true IT as a Service (ITaaS) environment. The Nutanix and Microsoft reference architecture provides faster deployments, reduced risk and lower cost of ownership using web-scale converged infrastructure.
With the rise of virtualization comes the need for IT infrastructure that is aligned with both virtualization and the cloud. Microsoft has developed the Private Cloud Fast Track program to create reference architectures for building flexible and highly scalable private clouds. This program combines Microsoft software, consolidated expert guidance and validated configurations with computing, network and storage architecture partners. The Private Cloud Fast Track program utilizes the core capabilities of the Windows Server 2012 operating system, plus Hyper-V technology and System Center to deliver the building blocks of private cloud infrastructure.
The Nutanix web-scale converged architecture allows organizations to start small and minimize upfront investments, and scale infrastructure on demand while delivering excellent performance for workloads such as Microsoft Exchange™ and SQL Server®, Citrix XenDesktop® and XenApp® and Oracle® databases. In addition, the Nutanix Prism management framework, in conjunction with System Center, intuitively organizes and presents compute and storage infrastructure and VM information at-a-glance for Nutanix clusters in single or multiple locations.
The Nutanix validated reference architecture also incorporates the Windows Azure Pack into its design. This brings the power of Microsoft Azure technologies into the private cloud and facilitates a rich, self-service, multi-tenant hybrid cloud with Microsoft Azure-consistent experiences and services.
- Nutanix web-scale converged infrastructure has been validated in a Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track and Windows Azure Pack reference architecture, speeding up deployments and enabling on-premise multi-tenant, self-service cloud capability
- Start small with 3-node configurations and linearly scale to 100+ systems per cluster; add additional Nutanix nodes without the need to tune for more performance and capacity
- Eliminate need for a separate storage system along with the associated complexity and performance bottlenecks
- Deploy infrastructure for private clouds in just hours and eliminate as much as 50 percent management overhead versus traditional datacenter infrastructure
- Ability to continuously operate, even if an entire node goes offline, using tunable redundancy for data, VMCaliber snapshots and replication plus a design free of any single points of failure
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 with Hyper-V
- Hyper-V for the Hypervisor
- Windows Server 2012 R2 for guest server VMs
Microsoft System Center 2012 R2
- System Center Orchestrator
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- System Center Operations Manager
- Windows Azure Pack
Nutanix NX-3000 Series and NX-6000 Series Virtual Computing Platform
running Nutanix OS 4.0.1 or later
- Start with minimum of 3 nodes and add additional as necessary
- Built-in dial 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports for VM connectivity
“We are excited to work with Nutanix on the validated Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track reference architecture,” said Claude Lorenson, senior product manager, cloud and enterprise marketing, Microsoft. “The Nutanix web-scale infrastructure is an ideal complement to the Microsoft Cloud OS built on Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2. Together with Windows Azure Pack, this architecture provides our joint customers with an efficient, high performance, and agile solution for running all their virtual server and desktop workloads in an hybrid cloud.”
“We are extremely pleased to have closely worked with Microsoft to bring to market a validated reference architecture for Microsoft Private Cloud and Windows Azure Pack,” said Venugopal Pai, vice president of global alliances and business development, Nutanix. “The validated design will help enterprises and service providers realize the time to deployment, efficiency and scalability benefits of the Microsoft Cloud OS and Nutanix web-scale architecture. Through ongoing engagement and product efforts, we are continuing to help our joint customers and channel partners derive greater returns from their cloud projects.”
“Moving to a private and hybrid cloud model is the next logical step for virtualization in today’s datacenter,” said Christophe Isard, sales director, Diademys. “We are excited to work with Nutanix and Microsoft to help our clients make the seamless transition to this model, and gain all the agility and productivity benefits of an efficient and scalable cloud environment. The Nutanix web-scale solution for Windows Azure Pack and Diademys services together provide our customers with a solid foundation for deploying VDI and critical enterprise workloads on their own on-premises private cloud."
- For more information about how to accelerate your journey to the cloud with Nutanix for Microsoft environments, read the Microsoft and Nutanix Solutions Brief.
- To access the technical Microsoft and Nutanix reference architecture including Windows Azure Pack, go here.
- To register for the Nutanix and Microsoft Webinar on July 22 at 10 a.m. PDT go here.
- To learn more about the Nutanix Virtual Computing Platform, go here.
- To watch the Nutanix introduction video, go here.
Nutanix delivers web-scale converged IT infrastructure to medium and large enterprises with its software-driven Virtual Computing Platform, natively converging compute and storage into a single solution to drive unprecedented simplicity in the datacenter. Customers can start with a few servers and scale to thousands, with predictable performance and economics. With a patented elastic data fabric and consumer-grade management, Nutanix is the blueprint for application-optimized and policy-driven infrastructure. Learn more at www.nutanix.com or follow up on Twitter @nutanix.
Nutanix is a trademark of Nutanix, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Dec. 10, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,981
Dec. 10, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 540
Dec. 10, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 748
Dec. 10, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 3,993
Dec. 10, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,212
Dec. 10, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,257
Dec. 10, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 455
Dec. 10, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 606
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 PM EST Reads: 1,150
Dec. 9, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 538
Dec. 9, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,727
Dec. 9, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 312
Dec. 9, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 2,009
Dec. 9, 2016 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,284
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 9, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,025