|By Business Wire||
|July 8, 2014 09:11 AM EDT||
The Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG), the world’s largest user knowledgebase for Oracle Applications users, announced that it has released the results of an assessment survey conducted to explore the needs of Oracle Applications users.
The survey, conducted by the OAUG, covered a wide range of topics and was completed by 3,033 respondents from around the world, including current, former and prospective OAUG members. Their responses serve as a basis for program improvement and development in areas identified as having the most impact for members.
Key findings from the study include the following:
- 96 percent of respondents express satisfaction and would recommend the OAUG to other enterprises;
- The top four Oracle products used include Oracle E-Business Suite (83 percent), Oracle Hyperion (25 percent), Oracle Fusion Applications (16 percent) and Oracle’s PeopleSoft (15 percent);
- The most highly rated aspects of belonging to the OAUG include sharing best practices/solutions; education and training; networking with others; staying up to date on tools for installing, configuring and maintaining Oracle products; and staying current with new product releases;
- Respondents’ top challenges include staying current on patches, upgrades and new functionalities (50 percent), keeping up with new versions and modules (41 percent), finding quality training information or programs for new products (40 percent); and finding documentation for Oracle products (38 percent);
- The top social media sites used are LinkedIn (79 percent), YouTube (59 percent), Facebook (42 percent), Google+ (26 percent) and Twitter (23 percent);
- The top areas of improvement for OAUG membership are increasing the volume of “how-to” documentation and offering more training presentations.
“The results of this survey provide us with valuable information on how to further enhance the programs and services provided to our members,” said Alyssa Johnson, president of OAUG. “Based on these findings, the OAUG board of directors and various committees are identifying strategic priorities and implementing short- and long-term plans to exceed member expectations and deliver quality service.”
About Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG®)
Founded in 1990, the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) provides the world’s largest user knowledgebase for Oracle Applications users. The organization serves as an advocate to Oracle for companies worldwide and represents users of more than 65 Oracle Applications products including Oracle Cloud Applications, Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Hyperion, Oracle’s Primavera EPPM, Oracle Communications, Oracle Customer Experience including Oracle CRM On Demand and Oracle’s Siebel CRM, and others. The OAUG provides its members with education, networking and support via a wide range of activities and forums including conferences, publications, special interest groups and online communities. For more information about the OAUG, visit the website at oaug.org.
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,561
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,828
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,639
Oct. 22, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,427
Oct. 22, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 586
Oct. 22, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,239
Oct. 22, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,870
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,487
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,539
Oct. 22, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,208
Oct. 22, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,493
Oct. 22, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 11,257
Oct. 22, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,735
Oct. 22, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,342
Oct. 22, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,269