|By Marketwired .||
|July 8, 2014 02:11 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 07/08/14 -- Who says camp is just for kids? Yes, many children will be spending their school vacation at summer camp, creating memories, making new friends and enjoying days packed with fun-filled activities. However, that doesn't mean adults have to miss out on the fun. In fact, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have uncovered lots of great adventures all around the world just waiting for grown-ups with their Top 11 Camps for Adults. It's not too late to relive your childhood or, better yet, fulfill one of your childhood dreams at one of these camps. The best part, adults don't have to wait until the summer as many of these camps can be experienced throughout the year!
Have you always wanted to become a chef, surfer, rock star, winemaker, hockey player or astronaut? Fulfill your dreams at one of these six camps featured in our list of Top 11 Adult Camps:
- Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp, Las Vegas, United States - Was your childhood dream to become a rock star? If so, then get ready for this once in a lifetime experience and spend four days perfecting your music skills. You will write and record songs and even perform an original hit! No instrument? No problem. The camp provides loaner instruments and lunches but be sure to book your own accommodation. ($5,322 CAD).
- Grape Camp, Sonoma, California, United States - Get behind the scenes at Grape Camp and spend three days picking grapes and blending your own wine with your very own hands. Learn about the art of working in a vineyard, wine's DNA, food and wine pairings and insider secrets from master winemakers. Accommodation and meals included. ($2,133 CAD pp or $3,947 CAD per couple).
- Surf Camp Australia, 7-mile Beach Gerroa, Yamba, Byron Bay - You'll become a pro surfer in no time at Surf Camp Australia. Choose between two, three, five, seven or 10-day programs and be taught by the best. Each program includes everything you'll need from accommodation to food to gear to an endless amount of fun. Spend your days surfing and your evenings enjoying all the local nightlife has to offer. (Rates vary).
- Adult Space Academy, Huntsville, Alabama, United States - Do you dream of walking on the moon? Well now you can get one step closer at this weekend-long Adult Space Academy at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. Spend three or four days learning what it would be like to train as an astronaut by constructing and launching rockets, training on simulators and hanging out in one of the world's largest space aircraft collections. Meals and lodging included. ($585-$690 CAD).
- The International Kitchen, multiple locations - Enjoy a two-to-seven-night cooking vacation in any of the 90 locations offered. The International Kitchen specializes exclusively in culinary travel, giving you a top quality, authentic, intimate cooking experience. Choose among experiences in multiple cities in Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Morocco, Mexico, Central & South America and the United Kingdom. Not only will you learn about the local flavours, but you will also spend time learning about the culture and history of your destination. Price includes accommodation, cooking lessons in English, excursions and food. (Rates vary).
- Adult Hockey Camp, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada - Spend four days on ice developing your skills and learning about the art of hockey. Receive your own official hockey camp jersey and socks, stay at first-class hotel accommodation and receive instructions from the pros. Meals and accommodation included. ($850 CAD).
The camps for adults rounding out our list of are: Camp Grounded, Navarro, California, United States; Silver Island Yoga retreat, Silver Island, Greece; Zombie Survival Course, New Jersey, United States; Crossword University Cruise; and The Camp (boot camp), Scotland, Spain or England. To read the fun details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of Top 11 Camps for Adults, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/top-11-camps-adults.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2634464
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 532
Learn how you can use the CoSN SEND II Decision Tree for Education Technology to make sure that your K–12 technology initiatives create a more engaging learning experience that empowers students, teachers, and administrators alike.
Aug. 3, 2015 05:45 PM EDT
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 3, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 211
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 275
As Marc Andreessen says software is eating the world. Everything is rapidly moving toward being software-defined – from our phones and cars through our washing machines to the datacenter. However, there are larger challenges when implementing software defined on a larger scale - when building software defined infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Boyan Ivanov, CEO of StorPool, provided some practical insights on what, how and why when implementing "software-defined" in the datacent...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:45 PM EDT
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 3, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 236
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Com...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 560
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 208
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 367
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 3, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 192
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 685
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,138
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 434