|By Marketwired .||
|July 8, 2014 02:11 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 07/08/14 -- Who says camp is just for kids? Yes, many children will be spending their school vacation at summer camp, creating memories, making new friends and enjoying days packed with fun-filled activities. However, that doesn't mean adults have to miss out on the fun. In fact, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have uncovered lots of great adventures all around the world just waiting for grown-ups with their Top 11 Camps for Adults. It's not too late to relive your childhood or, better yet, fulfill one of your childhood dreams at one of these camps. The best part, adults don't have to wait until the summer as many of these camps can be experienced throughout the year!
Have you always wanted to become a chef, surfer, rock star, winemaker, hockey player or astronaut? Fulfill your dreams at one of these six camps featured in our list of Top 11 Adult Camps:
- Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp, Las Vegas, United States - Was your childhood dream to become a rock star? If so, then get ready for this once in a lifetime experience and spend four days perfecting your music skills. You will write and record songs and even perform an original hit! No instrument? No problem. The camp provides loaner instruments and lunches but be sure to book your own accommodation. ($5,322 CAD).
- Grape Camp, Sonoma, California, United States - Get behind the scenes at Grape Camp and spend three days picking grapes and blending your own wine with your very own hands. Learn about the art of working in a vineyard, wine's DNA, food and wine pairings and insider secrets from master winemakers. Accommodation and meals included. ($2,133 CAD pp or $3,947 CAD per couple).
- Surf Camp Australia, 7-mile Beach Gerroa, Yamba, Byron Bay - You'll become a pro surfer in no time at Surf Camp Australia. Choose between two, three, five, seven or 10-day programs and be taught by the best. Each program includes everything you'll need from accommodation to food to gear to an endless amount of fun. Spend your days surfing and your evenings enjoying all the local nightlife has to offer. (Rates vary).
- Adult Space Academy, Huntsville, Alabama, United States - Do you dream of walking on the moon? Well now you can get one step closer at this weekend-long Adult Space Academy at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. Spend three or four days learning what it would be like to train as an astronaut by constructing and launching rockets, training on simulators and hanging out in one of the world's largest space aircraft collections. Meals and lodging included. ($585-$690 CAD).
- The International Kitchen, multiple locations - Enjoy a two-to-seven-night cooking vacation in any of the 90 locations offered. The International Kitchen specializes exclusively in culinary travel, giving you a top quality, authentic, intimate cooking experience. Choose among experiences in multiple cities in Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Morocco, Mexico, Central & South America and the United Kingdom. Not only will you learn about the local flavours, but you will also spend time learning about the culture and history of your destination. Price includes accommodation, cooking lessons in English, excursions and food. (Rates vary).
- Adult Hockey Camp, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada - Spend four days on ice developing your skills and learning about the art of hockey. Receive your own official hockey camp jersey and socks, stay at first-class hotel accommodation and receive instructions from the pros. Meals and accommodation included. ($850 CAD).
The camps for adults rounding out our list of are: Camp Grounded, Navarro, California, United States; Silver Island Yoga retreat, Silver Island, Greece; Zombie Survival Course, New Jersey, United States; Crossword University Cruise; and The Camp (boot camp), Scotland, Spain or England. To read the fun details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of Top 11 Camps for Adults, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/top-11-camps-adults.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2634464
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 12, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 242
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 12, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 385
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 12, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 134
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 404
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:45 PM EST
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 192
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principal...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 430
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 12, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 454
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 235
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 233