|By Marketwired .||
|July 8, 2014 02:11 PM EDT||
TORONTO, ON -- (Marketwired) -- 07/08/14 -- Who says camp is just for kids? Yes, many children will be spending their school vacation at summer camp, creating memories, making new friends and enjoying days packed with fun-filled activities. However, that doesn't mean adults have to miss out on the fun. In fact, the travel experts at Cheapflights.ca, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have uncovered lots of great adventures all around the world just waiting for grown-ups with their Top 11 Camps for Adults. It's not too late to relive your childhood or, better yet, fulfill one of your childhood dreams at one of these camps. The best part, adults don't have to wait until the summer as many of these camps can be experienced throughout the year!
Have you always wanted to become a chef, surfer, rock star, winemaker, hockey player or astronaut? Fulfill your dreams at one of these six camps featured in our list of Top 11 Adult Camps:
- Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp, Las Vegas, United States - Was your childhood dream to become a rock star? If so, then get ready for this once in a lifetime experience and spend four days perfecting your music skills. You will write and record songs and even perform an original hit! No instrument? No problem. The camp provides loaner instruments and lunches but be sure to book your own accommodation. ($5,322 CAD).
- Grape Camp, Sonoma, California, United States - Get behind the scenes at Grape Camp and spend three days picking grapes and blending your own wine with your very own hands. Learn about the art of working in a vineyard, wine's DNA, food and wine pairings and insider secrets from master winemakers. Accommodation and meals included. ($2,133 CAD pp or $3,947 CAD per couple).
- Surf Camp Australia, 7-mile Beach Gerroa, Yamba, Byron Bay - You'll become a pro surfer in no time at Surf Camp Australia. Choose between two, three, five, seven or 10-day programs and be taught by the best. Each program includes everything you'll need from accommodation to food to gear to an endless amount of fun. Spend your days surfing and your evenings enjoying all the local nightlife has to offer. (Rates vary).
- Adult Space Academy, Huntsville, Alabama, United States - Do you dream of walking on the moon? Well now you can get one step closer at this weekend-long Adult Space Academy at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. Spend three or four days learning what it would be like to train as an astronaut by constructing and launching rockets, training on simulators and hanging out in one of the world's largest space aircraft collections. Meals and lodging included. ($585-$690 CAD).
- The International Kitchen, multiple locations - Enjoy a two-to-seven-night cooking vacation in any of the 90 locations offered. The International Kitchen specializes exclusively in culinary travel, giving you a top quality, authentic, intimate cooking experience. Choose among experiences in multiple cities in Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Morocco, Mexico, Central & South America and the United Kingdom. Not only will you learn about the local flavours, but you will also spend time learning about the culture and history of your destination. Price includes accommodation, cooking lessons in English, excursions and food. (Rates vary).
- Adult Hockey Camp, Whistler, British Columbia, Canada - Spend four days on ice developing your skills and learning about the art of hockey. Receive your own official hockey camp jersey and socks, stay at first-class hotel accommodation and receive instructions from the pros. Meals and accommodation included. ($850 CAD).
The camps for adults rounding out our list of are: Camp Grounded, Navarro, California, United States; Silver Island Yoga retreat, Silver Island, Greece; Zombie Survival Course, New Jersey, United States; Crossword University Cruise; and The Camp (boot camp), Scotland, Spain or England. To read the fun details on these and Cheapflights.ca's complete list of Top 11 Camps for Adults, visit www.cheapflights.ca/news/top-11-camps-adults.
About Cheapflights.ca, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.ca) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2634464
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 2, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 996
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, will show how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningfu...
May. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 711
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
May. 2, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,892
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 2, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,053
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,309
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 2, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 719
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
May. 2, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,569
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 2, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,001
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,101
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 2, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 914
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 2, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,354
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
May. 2, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,074
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 2, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 381
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 2, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,101