|By Marketwired .||
|July 9, 2014 04:35 PM EDT||
DES PLAINES, IL--(Marketwired - July 09, 2014) - The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) is pleased to announce 12 Annual Achievement Award recipients. The Annual Awards recognize emergency nurses who exemplify exceptional professional practice, innovation, leadership and advocacy in emergency nursing. Healthcare professionals nominate colleagues who are extraordinary practitioners and continually go above and beyond the call of duty in emergency nursing. Each award has specific requirements and criteria, and the ENA Awards Advisory Committee reviews each blinded submission.
"These nurse leaders have made a lasting impact on emergency nursing and serve as true role models to healthcare professionals everywhere," said ENA president Deena Brecher, MSN, RN, APN, ACNS-BC, CEN, CPEN. "We are thrilled to celebrate so many leaders making a difference, and are grateful for their contributions. We are confident they will continue to positively impact emergency nursing for years to come."
The 2014 Annual Achievement Award recipients are:
- Charlotte O'Neal, MSN, RN, CEN (Lawrenceburg, Ky.) - Barbara A. Foley Quality, Safety and Injury Prevention Award
- Richard Gary Fox (Beltsville, Md.) - Behind the Scenes Award
- Michael Allain, MS, RN, CEN, CCRN (Oswego, N.Y.) - Clinical Nurse Specialist Award
- Denise Ramponi, DNP, FNP-BC, ENP-BC, CEN, FAEN, FAANP (Pittsburgh) - Frank L. Cole Nurse Practitioner Award
- Mary A. Leblond, MSN, RN, CEN (San Antonio) - Gail P. Lenehan Advocacy Award
- Vicki A. Keough, PhD, APRN-BC, ACNP, FAAN (Arlington Heights, Ill.) - Judith C. Kelleher Award
- Kelly Owen, ADN, RN, CEN (Lyons, Ore.) - Media Award
- Jennifer Granata, MSN, FNP-C, CEN, CPEN, CNML, EMT-P (Scarborough, Maine) - Nurse Manager Award
- Kay-Ella Bleecher, MSN, RN, CEN, CRNP, PHRN (Etters, Penn.) - Nursing Education Award
- Heather Matthew, MSN, RN, CEN (Allentown, Penn.) - Nursing Practice and Professionalism Award
- State Council/Chapter Government Affairs Award: Texas ENA State Council
- Team Award: Inova Springfield Healthplex Emergency Department (Alexandria, Va.)
- Patient Flow Team
- Winifred Frempong-Boye, BSN, RN
- Valerie Hyde, BSN, RN, CEN
- Carolyn Miller, RN
- Shannon North-Giles, MBA, RN, CEN
- Susan Oney Dungan, BA, RN, CEN
- Patient Flow Team
Award recipients will be recognized at the 2014 ENA Annual Conference Awards Gala on Saturday, October 11 in Indianapolis.
About the Emergency Nurses Association
The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) is the premier professional nursing association dedicated to defining the future of emergency nursing through advocacy, education, research, innovation, and leadership. Founded in 1970, ENA has proven to be an indispensable resource to the global emergency nursing community. With more than 40,000 members worldwide, ENA advocates for patient safety, develops industry-leading practice standards and guidelines, and guides emergency healthcare public policy. ENA members have expertise in triage, patient care, disaster preparedness, and nearly all aspects of emergency care. Additional information is available at www.ena.org.
The following files are available for download:
Communications & PR Manager, ENA
Jul. 29, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
Jul. 29, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 229
Jul. 29, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 176
Jul. 29, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,661
Jul. 29, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,721
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,352
Jul. 28, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,008
Jul. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 586
Jul. 28, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 715
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,371
Jul. 28, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 254
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,752
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 219
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,184
How do you securely enable access to your applications in AWS without exposing any attack surfaces? The answer is usually very complicated because application environments morph over time in response to growing requirements from your employee base, your partners and your customers. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Haseeb Budhani, CEO and Co-founder of Soha, shared five common approaches that DevOps teams follow to secure access to applications deployed in AWS, Azure, etc., and the friction an...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 487