|By Business Wire||
|July 10, 2014 08:24 AM EDT||
Mocana today launched its Atlas™ extended enterprise platform, a first-of-its-kind solution that greatly simplifies the deployment of securely connected enterprise mobile apps, while improving the end-user experience. Mocana’s new scalable platform is based on a revolutionary architecture that will catalyze mass adoption of enterprise mobile apps.
Shipping now, the Mocana Atlas platform powers the tap-and-go simplicity and always-on ubiquity of the Mocana ON™ experience. Mocana Atlas combines ease of use and a true mobile app experience for end users with the stringent security and control requirements that IT demands, both prerequisites for the mainstream adoption of enterprise mobile apps.
“With Mocana Atlas, we are redefining currently accepted enterprise mobility practices and moving beyond the poorly designed, incumbent remote access solutions that belong to the era of laptops and PCs. Atlas is the first end-to-end platform that is purpose-built to bring a true mobile app experience to organizations at a fraction of today’s cost,” said Alan Panezic, vice president of products at Mocana. “We call this the Mocana ON experience, where end users can connect to organizations’ secure perimeters from enterprise mobile apps as quickly and effortlessly as they do with personal mobile apps. As a result, the Atlas platform empowers organizations to confidently expose their business and compliance-critical data to mobile apps through the edge of their networks.”
The Atlas extended enterprise platform is the first drop-in solution that delivers security at the true endpoint —the app itself, combined with secure connectivity, termination and contextual policy enforcement at the network edge—all requirements for large-scale enterprise mobile app adoption. The platform consists of the Mocana Atlas Appliance™, Mocana AtlasConnect, Mocana Mobile App Protection (MAP™) and Mocana Compass. Together, they provide:
- A complete, end-to-end solution for securing mobile apps and establishing secure per-app connectivity with enterprise and cloud network perimeters, while empowering IT’s control mandate and end users’ needs for a native mobile app user experience.
- A simple solution at the edge that delivers fine-grained access control and easy integration with existing enterprise systems of enforcement.
- Unmatched scalability and performance to meet mobility’s demands, driven by an increasing number of extended enterprise users and the per-app connectivity architecture that enterprises need for mobile.
- Persistent and seamless management of all users’ connectivity state at the edge, delivering an “always on” experience for all apps, across all supported device platforms.
- Dramatically lower enterprise mobile total cost of ownership.
“As corporate data is pulled to an increasing number of mobile devices, legacy laptop-era device and network-security tools fall short in BYOD deployments,” said Chris Hazelton, research director, enterprise mobility, at 451 Research. “Mobile application management with app-level VPNs allows IT to secure corporate data traffic. However, as an organization deploys a growing number of mobile apps, IT will need MAM offerings that can scale to support a large number of apps and users.”
Unique Features and Tools
The Atlas extended enterprise platform’s features and tools enable users to get connected and stay connected quickly and easily, while offering enterprises and developers the greatest flexibility in providing secure mobile access, including:
- Simple enrollment that eliminates the complexity associated with deploying certificate-based two-factor authentication and simple sign-on.
- The Mocana Atlas Appliance, which effortlessly authenticates and connects any app to back-end systems and data, while providing the control, simplicity and scale that are prerequisites for mainstream adoption of mobile apps.
- Mocana Mobile App Protection™ (MAP), Mocana’s market-leading Android™ and iOS mobile app-wrapping security technology, to secure new and existing apps in minutes.
- Mocana Compass™, a secure enterprise mobile browser, to securely access existing web workflow, corporate intranet sites, web apps and portals.
- AtlasConnect, a collection of security libraries and APIs that enables app and mobile end point container developers to tightly integrate with the Atlas platform.
Availability and Pricing
The Mocana Atlas extended enterprise platform is available and shipping now. Please contact [email protected] for pricing information.
What Customers and Partners Are Saying
Jason Russo, mobility lead at Colgate-Palmolive, a Mocana customer: “Colgate-Palmolive is at the forefront of enterprise mobility, and as a MAP customer, we appreciate innovations like the Mocana Atlas extended enterprise platform, which is designed to help us scale our mobile transformations globally and securely.”
Matt Perry, global head, Mobile Secure, SAP, a global reseller of the SAP® Mobile App Protection solution by Mocana: “SAP and Mocana share a common vision of promoting the mainstream adoption of mobile apps in the enterprise to help simplify the mobile experience for users while further protecting enterprise assets with very strong security capabilities. When Mocana Atlas is paired with SAP Mobile App Protection, customers can dramatically increase secured application reach into back-office systems, unlocking intranet sites, Web applications and back-office systems.”
Mocana securely mobilizes enterprise data and protects millions of the smart connected devices that comprise the Internet of Things. The company’s award-winning enterprise mobile app security platform provides organizations with an easy way to deliver business-critical mobile apps, with a high-quality end user experience, tap-and-go simplicity and strong security for internal and external users. Mocana's customers include Fortune 500 enterprises, government agencies and the world’s leading smart device manufacturers. More information is available at www.mocana.com and on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or YouTube.
Sep. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,657
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,531
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,848
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,573
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,775
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,430
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,339
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,947
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,382
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 470
Sep. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,195
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,621
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,545
Sep. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,787
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,969