|By Business Wire||
|July 10, 2014 10:11 AM EDT||
Imation Corp. (NYSE:IMN), a global data storage and information security company, today announced the availability of IronKey Workspace W700, the first Microsoft-certified Windows To Go devices to be FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified1. Achievement of this certification required rigorous testing, which was then reviewed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification is a requirement for civilian and military U.S. federal agencies, as well as a benchmark for security and reliability for enterprises looking for the highest level of security. Government and enterprise organizations looking to adopt a mobile device strategy with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validation now have a Windows To Go option.
Windows To Go is an enterprise feature of Windows 8.1 that lets people be productive from almost any location they choose to work by inserting the Windows To Go USB drive into any compatible PC of their choice. An organization’s corporate image, operating system, applications and data are all contained on the Microsoft-certified IronKey Workspace USB drive. The host PC boots completely off the Windows To Go drive using local resources such as monitors, CPUs and network connections. The Windows To Go drive can be centrally managed and offers remote wipe features to protect against loss and theft. The Windows To Go solution is ideal for mobile workers, teleworkers and contractors, fueling secure “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) strategies that allow employees to use their home PCs for work.
“Enterprise users are experiencing new possibilities in mobile productivity with Windows To Go, and they're implementing the technology in many exciting ways,” said Stella Chernyak, senior director, Windows Commercial Marketing, Microsoft Corp. “It’s great to see Imation offering a FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified device, like the IronKey Workspace W700, that can help government agencies and other highly regulated industries take advantage of Windows To Go.”
Leveraging Imation’s leadership and expertise in delivering mobile workspaces, IronKey Workspace W700 is the third IronKey Windows To Go device certified by Microsoft. Secured with the military-grade hardware encrypted protection of the world’s most secure and rugged flash drives, the W700 drives are part of IronKey’s total government- and industrial-grade mobile workspace solution. With advanced options including centralized device management and bulk provisioning, IronKey Workspace W700 transforms any compatible computer into an IT-provisioned, IT-managed and IT-secured workstation for a fraction of the price of issuing a laptop.
Centralized management is available for IronKey Workspace W700 devices. Using the on-premise IronKey Enterprise Management Server, IT departments can implement policy control, reporting, password reset and “silver bullet” features for remotely disabling and decommissioning a device— all via a central dashboard.
Features and benefits of IronKey Workspace W700 include:
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 full device certification for compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Support for CAC/PIV, enabling active-duty military personnel, government employees and federal contractors to unlock their IronKey Workspace W700 devices with their issued smart cards and gain seamless authentication to their desktops.
- Ruggedized, waterproof drives, according to military standards (MIL-STD-810F), with a virtually indestructible metal casing that protects against physical damage and has sealed components that defend against tampering.
- Superior speed, with more than five times the minimum read/write performance required for Windows To Go Microsoft-certified devices.
- Support for a wide variety of hardware environments including PCs, some tablets and Macs (support for Macs is provided by Imation).
- Military-grade security with hardware-based AES-256 bit encryption and strong authentication to keep data safe and secure.
- Ease of use for an IT provisioned, managed and secured workspace infrastructure that includes a start-up assistant that helps configure the computer system for automatic USB boot to Windows To Go, an easy-to-understand end-user interface and self-help options with links to useful webpages.
- A range of capacity options (32GB, 64GB, and 128GB).
“With full device FIPS 140-2 Level 3 encryption, IronKey Workspace sets a new security standard in the mobile workspace market,” said Ken Jones, vice president of engineering and product management for IronKey. “Our customers have told us that security is a major concern for mobile workers. Government workers, in particular, must have their computers with them at all times. IronKey Workspace W700 not only makes it easier for workers to transport their Windows desktops, it is one of the most secure Windows 8.1 Windows To Go devices available today.”
IronKey Workspace W700 rounds out Imation’s Microsoft-certified Windows To Go options for any organization’s security needs:
- IronKey Workspace W700 delivers a certified, high-performance and high-security platform for Windows To Go deployment in government organizations and enterprises; it also provides optional device management.
- IronKey Workspace W500 delivers a high-performance, high-security platform that includes hardware encryption and a rugged metal enclosure, with enterprise-grade deployment and device management options, for organizations not requiring FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification but needing the same level of security.
- IronKey Workspace W300 delivers high performance on an IronKey device using BitLocker password protection capabilities in Windows To Go and up to 256-bit AES full disk encryption, making it an excellent option for employees working and collaborating remotely who do not handle sensitive data but want the same high productivity experienced from the desktop.
IronKey solutions meet the challenge of protecting today’s mobile workforce, featuring secure USB solutions for data transport and mobile workspaces. The IronKey line includes some of the world’s leading hardware encrypted USB drives for storage, secure workspace devices for Windows To Go, and cloud-based or on-premise centralized device management solutions.
IronKey solutions are available from Imation Mobile Security channel partners. To learn more, visit www.ironkey.com.
About Imation Corp.
Imation is a global data storage and information security company. Our products and solutions help organizations and individuals store, manage and protect their digital content. Imation’s storage and security portfolio includes Nexsan™ high-density, archive and solid-state optimized unified hybrid storage solutions; IronKey mobile security solutions that address the needs of professionals for secure data transport and mobile workspaces; and consumer storage solutions, audio products and accessories sold under the Imation™, Memorex™ and TDK Life on Record™ brands. Imation reaches customers in more than 100 countries through a powerful global distribution network. For more information, visit www.imation.com.
Imation, the Imation logo, IronKey, the IronKey logo, PC on a Stick, Nexsan, and Memorex are trademarks of Imation Corp. and its subsidiaries. TDK Life on Record is used under a trademark license from TDK Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
1 FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Certificate #2183
Dec. 3, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 6,905
Dec. 3, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,194
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,414
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,704
Dec. 3, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,518
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 1,489
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 730
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 765
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,531
Dec. 3, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 853
Dec. 3, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,519
Dec. 3, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,752
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 903
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,730
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 398