|By Marketwired .||
|July 11, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 07/11/14 -- Marlin & Associates, the boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm, announced today that Ken Marlin, the firm's founder and Managing Partner, has again been named in the "Tech 50," a prestigious list of the 50 most influential people in financial technology, by Institutional Investor (II), the leading global financial magazine. Mr. Marlin was the only investment banker to be named to II's "Tech 50" list. According to Institutional Investor, "Deal making is as integral to the evolution of the financial technology industry as the technologies themselves and Ken Marlin has been in the thick of it..." Candidates were evaluated by four primary sets of attributes: achievements and contributions over the course of a career; scope and complexity of responsibilities; influence and leadership inside and outside the organization; and pure technological innovation.
Some other notable Tech 50 professionals include: Bloomberg's Tom Secunda, Jeffrey Sprecher of ICE, Lance Uggla of Markit, David Craig of Thomson Reuters, Anna Ewing of NASDAQ, Joe Ratterman of BATS Global Markets, Lou Eccleston of S&P Capital IQ, Richard McVey of MarketAxess, and Seth Merrin of Liquidnet. For the complete list of Institutional Investor's Tech 50, please click HERE.
Institutional Investor is focused on international finance and is known for its industry rankings. The "Tech 50" was compiled by II's editors and staff, with nominations and other input from industry participants and experts.
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide software, data, and related services. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington DC, Toronto and Hong Kong, the firm has been the recipient of numerous awards and has advised on more than 200 transactions. For more information on Ken Marlin and Marlin & Associates please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates is based in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, Toronto, Canada, and Hong Kong, China and has been the recipient of numerous awards including "Middle-Market Investment Bank of the Year", "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year - Equity" and, "TMT Advisory Bank of the Year". Two transactions on which Marlin & Associates advised have been recognized as "Deals-of-the Decade". Marlin & Associates' team of professionals has advised on over 200 information-technology transactions. For more information please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC.
Some recent clients that Marlin & Associates has advised include:
- RevSpring Inc. of Wixom, Michigan which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Talksoft Corporation;
- Current Analysis of Washington, D.C. which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Progressive Digital Media plc (AIM: PRO);
- Blackstone (NYSE: BX) and the Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) Merchant Banking Division (together, the "Sponsors") which Marlin & Associates advised on their acquisition of Ipreo Holdings LLC ("Ipreo") from affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. ("KKR") (NYSE: KKR);
- The Frayman Group of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Intapp, Inc.;
- ByAllAccounts, Inc. of Woburn, Massachusetts which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN);
- SpryWare LLC, of Chicago, Illinois, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Pico Quantitative Trading Holdings LLC;
- NPD Group of Port Washington, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Leisure Trends Group;
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: MKTX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale of Greenline Financial Technologies to CameronTec;
- Bain Capital Ventures' portfolio company ABILITY Network Inc. of Minneapolis, Minnesota, which Marlin & Associates advised on its merger with IVANS;
- SR Labs, LLC of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its $53M capital raise from Insight Venture Partners;
- Knovel Inc. of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Reed Elsevier PLC (LSE: REL);
- XcitekSolutionsPlus, LLC (XSP) of Birmingham, Alabama which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to SunGard Data Systems Inc.;
- DMLT LLC (dba Investment Café) of Tampa, Florida, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to eFront, a portfolio company of Francisco Partners;
- Correlix of New York, New York and Tel Aviv, Israel, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to TS-Associates;
- Ideas International Ltd. (ASX: IDE) of Hornsby, Australia which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Gartner (NYSE: IT);
- Coalition Development Ltd. of London, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to CRISIL, a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill (NYSE: MHP);
- IMS Research of Wellingborough, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to IHS Inc.;
- NYSE Euronext (NYSE: NYX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of a strategic shareholding in Fixnetix;
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of a majority interest in Triple Point Technology;
- Atrium Network of London, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to TMX Group (TSX: X);
- NYSE Euronext (NYSE: NYX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Metabit (Tokyo, Japan);
- Subserveo, Inc. of Vancouver, Canada which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST);
- NaviNet, Inc. of Cambridge, Massachusetts which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Prematics;
- Qatarlyst of Doha, Qatar which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of London-based RI3K;
- SMARTS Group of Sydney, Australia which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to NASDAQ OMX (NASDAQ: NDAQ);
- SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) of Brussels, Belgium which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Ambit Messaging Hub from SunGard;
- Avox of Wrexham Wales, United Kingdom, a majority-owned company of Deutsche Börse (ETR: DB1) which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC); and
- Strategic Analytics of Santa Fe, New Mexico which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ: VRSK).
+1 (212) 257-6300
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, S...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,043
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,369
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Jul. 30, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 131
"ProfitBricks was founded in 2010 and we are the painless cloud - and we are also the Infrastructure as a Service 2.0 company," noted Achim Weiss, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of ProfitBricks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 30, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,113
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Jul. 30, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 122
"Alert Logic is a managed security service provider that basically deploys technologies, but we support those technologies with the people and process behind it," stated Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 30, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 334
"We specialize in testing. DevOps is all about continuous delivery and accelerating the delivery pipeline and there is no continuous delivery without testing," noted Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect at Spirent Communications, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 370
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Jul. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:59 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 30, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 198
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit f...
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,146
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 248
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 344
"We have been in business for 21 years and have been building many enterprise solutions, all IT plumbing - server, storage, interconnects," stated Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,030
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 331