|By Marketwired .||
|July 11, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 07/11/14 -- Marlin & Associates, the boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm, announced today that Ken Marlin, the firm's founder and Managing Partner, has again been named in the "Tech 50," a prestigious list of the 50 most influential people in financial technology, by Institutional Investor (II), the leading global financial magazine. Mr. Marlin was the only investment banker to be named to II's "Tech 50" list. According to Institutional Investor, "Deal making is as integral to the evolution of the financial technology industry as the technologies themselves and Ken Marlin has been in the thick of it..." Candidates were evaluated by four primary sets of attributes: achievements and contributions over the course of a career; scope and complexity of responsibilities; influence and leadership inside and outside the organization; and pure technological innovation.
Some other notable Tech 50 professionals include: Bloomberg's Tom Secunda, Jeffrey Sprecher of ICE, Lance Uggla of Markit, David Craig of Thomson Reuters, Anna Ewing of NASDAQ, Joe Ratterman of BATS Global Markets, Lou Eccleston of S&P Capital IQ, Richard McVey of MarketAxess, and Seth Merrin of Liquidnet. For the complete list of Institutional Investor's Tech 50, please click HERE.
Institutional Investor is focused on international finance and is known for its industry rankings. The "Tech 50" was compiled by II's editors and staff, with nominations and other input from industry participants and experts.
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide software, data, and related services. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington DC, Toronto and Hong Kong, the firm has been the recipient of numerous awards and has advised on more than 200 transactions. For more information on Ken Marlin and Marlin & Associates please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates is based in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, Toronto, Canada, and Hong Kong, China and has been the recipient of numerous awards including "Middle-Market Investment Bank of the Year", "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year - Equity" and, "TMT Advisory Bank of the Year". Two transactions on which Marlin & Associates advised have been recognized as "Deals-of-the Decade". Marlin & Associates' team of professionals has advised on over 200 information-technology transactions. For more information please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC.
Some recent clients that Marlin & Associates has advised include:
- RevSpring Inc. of Wixom, Michigan which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Talksoft Corporation;
- Current Analysis of Washington, D.C. which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Progressive Digital Media plc (AIM: PRO);
- Blackstone (NYSE: BX) and the Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) Merchant Banking Division (together, the "Sponsors") which Marlin & Associates advised on their acquisition of Ipreo Holdings LLC ("Ipreo") from affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. ("KKR") (NYSE: KKR);
- The Frayman Group of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Intapp, Inc.;
- ByAllAccounts, Inc. of Woburn, Massachusetts which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN);
- SpryWare LLC, of Chicago, Illinois, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Pico Quantitative Trading Holdings LLC;
- NPD Group of Port Washington, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Leisure Trends Group;
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: MKTX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale of Greenline Financial Technologies to CameronTec;
- Bain Capital Ventures' portfolio company ABILITY Network Inc. of Minneapolis, Minnesota, which Marlin & Associates advised on its merger with IVANS;
- SR Labs, LLC of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its $53M capital raise from Insight Venture Partners;
- Knovel Inc. of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Reed Elsevier PLC (LSE: REL);
- XcitekSolutionsPlus, LLC (XSP) of Birmingham, Alabama which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to SunGard Data Systems Inc.;
- DMLT LLC (dba Investment Café) of Tampa, Florida, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to eFront, a portfolio company of Francisco Partners;
- Correlix of New York, New York and Tel Aviv, Israel, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to TS-Associates;
- Ideas International Ltd. (ASX: IDE) of Hornsby, Australia which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Gartner (NYSE: IT);
- Coalition Development Ltd. of London, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to CRISIL, a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill (NYSE: MHP);
- IMS Research of Wellingborough, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to IHS Inc.;
- NYSE Euronext (NYSE: NYX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of a strategic shareholding in Fixnetix;
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of a majority interest in Triple Point Technology;
- Atrium Network of London, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to TMX Group (TSX: X);
- NYSE Euronext (NYSE: NYX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Metabit (Tokyo, Japan);
- Subserveo, Inc. of Vancouver, Canada which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST);
- NaviNet, Inc. of Cambridge, Massachusetts which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Prematics;
- Qatarlyst of Doha, Qatar which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of London-based RI3K;
- SMARTS Group of Sydney, Australia which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to NASDAQ OMX (NASDAQ: NDAQ);
- SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) of Brussels, Belgium which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Ambit Messaging Hub from SunGard;
- Avox of Wrexham Wales, United Kingdom, a majority-owned company of Deutsche Börse (ETR: DB1) which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC); and
- Strategic Analytics of Santa Fe, New Mexico which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ: VRSK).
+1 (212) 257-6300
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, shared the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,411
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,697
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,513
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 719
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 1,488
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 760
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, showed how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningful f...
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,529
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 849
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 3, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,518
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 3, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,748
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 899
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,729
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,977
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 392
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,560