|By Marketwired .||
|July 11, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 07/11/14 -- Marlin & Associates, the boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm, announced today that Ken Marlin, the firm's founder and Managing Partner, has again been named in the "Tech 50," a prestigious list of the 50 most influential people in financial technology, by Institutional Investor (II), the leading global financial magazine. Mr. Marlin was the only investment banker to be named to II's "Tech 50" list. According to Institutional Investor, "Deal making is as integral to the evolution of the financial technology industry as the technologies themselves and Ken Marlin has been in the thick of it..." Candidates were evaluated by four primary sets of attributes: achievements and contributions over the course of a career; scope and complexity of responsibilities; influence and leadership inside and outside the organization; and pure technological innovation.
Some other notable Tech 50 professionals include: Bloomberg's Tom Secunda, Jeffrey Sprecher of ICE, Lance Uggla of Markit, David Craig of Thomson Reuters, Anna Ewing of NASDAQ, Joe Ratterman of BATS Global Markets, Lou Eccleston of S&P Capital IQ, Richard McVey of MarketAxess, and Seth Merrin of Liquidnet. For the complete list of Institutional Investor's Tech 50, please click HERE.
Institutional Investor is focused on international finance and is known for its industry rankings. The "Tech 50" was compiled by II's editors and staff, with nominations and other input from industry participants and experts.
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide software, data, and related services. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington DC, Toronto and Hong Kong, the firm has been the recipient of numerous awards and has advised on more than 200 transactions. For more information on Ken Marlin and Marlin & Associates please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates is based in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, Toronto, Canada, and Hong Kong, China and has been the recipient of numerous awards including "Middle-Market Investment Bank of the Year", "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year - Equity" and, "TMT Advisory Bank of the Year". Two transactions on which Marlin & Associates advised have been recognized as "Deals-of-the Decade". Marlin & Associates' team of professionals has advised on over 200 information-technology transactions. For more information please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC.
Some recent clients that Marlin & Associates has advised include:
- RevSpring Inc. of Wixom, Michigan which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Talksoft Corporation;
- Current Analysis of Washington, D.C. which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Progressive Digital Media plc (AIM: PRO);
- Blackstone (NYSE: BX) and the Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) Merchant Banking Division (together, the "Sponsors") which Marlin & Associates advised on their acquisition of Ipreo Holdings LLC ("Ipreo") from affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. ("KKR") (NYSE: KKR);
- The Frayman Group of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Intapp, Inc.;
- ByAllAccounts, Inc. of Woburn, Massachusetts which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN);
- SpryWare LLC, of Chicago, Illinois, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Pico Quantitative Trading Holdings LLC;
- NPD Group of Port Washington, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Leisure Trends Group;
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: MKTX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale of Greenline Financial Technologies to CameronTec;
- Bain Capital Ventures' portfolio company ABILITY Network Inc. of Minneapolis, Minnesota, which Marlin & Associates advised on its merger with IVANS;
- SR Labs, LLC of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its $53M capital raise from Insight Venture Partners;
- Knovel Inc. of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Reed Elsevier PLC (LSE: REL);
- XcitekSolutionsPlus, LLC (XSP) of Birmingham, Alabama which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to SunGard Data Systems Inc.;
- DMLT LLC (dba Investment Café) of Tampa, Florida, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to eFront, a portfolio company of Francisco Partners;
- Correlix of New York, New York and Tel Aviv, Israel, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to TS-Associates;
- Ideas International Ltd. (ASX: IDE) of Hornsby, Australia which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Gartner (NYSE: IT);
- Coalition Development Ltd. of London, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to CRISIL, a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill (NYSE: MHP);
- IMS Research of Wellingborough, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to IHS Inc.;
- NYSE Euronext (NYSE: NYX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of a strategic shareholding in Fixnetix;
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of a majority interest in Triple Point Technology;
- Atrium Network of London, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to TMX Group (TSX: X);
- NYSE Euronext (NYSE: NYX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Metabit (Tokyo, Japan);
- Subserveo, Inc. of Vancouver, Canada which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST);
- NaviNet, Inc. of Cambridge, Massachusetts which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Prematics;
- Qatarlyst of Doha, Qatar which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of London-based RI3K;
- SMARTS Group of Sydney, Australia which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to NASDAQ OMX (NASDAQ: NDAQ);
- SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) of Brussels, Belgium which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Ambit Messaging Hub from SunGard;
- Avox of Wrexham Wales, United Kingdom, a majority-owned company of Deutsche Börse (ETR: DB1) which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC); and
- Strategic Analytics of Santa Fe, New Mexico which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ: VRSK).
+1 (212) 257-6300
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:02 PM EDT
As companies adopt the cloud-to-streamline workflow, deployment hasn’t been very seamless because of IT concerns surrounding security risks. The cloud offers many benefits, but protecting and securing information can be tricky across multiple cloud providers and remains IT’s overall responsibility. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Simon Bain, CEO of SearchYourCloud, will address security compliance issues associated with cloud applications and how document-level encryption is critical for sup...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 424
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,227
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will present at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they manag...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,683
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 933
DevOps is speeding towards the IT world like a freight train and the hype around it is deafening. There is no reason to be afraid of this change as it is the natural reaction to the agile movement that revolutionized development just a few years ago. By definition, DevOps is the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. The relevance of this has yet to be quantified but it has been suggested that the route to the CEO’s chair will come from the IT leaders that successfully ma...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 16,667
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It doe...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,106
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 190
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 360
Although it has gained significant traction in the consumer space, IoT is still in the early stages of adoption in enterprises environments. However, many companies are working on initiatives like Industry 4.0 that includes IoT as one of the key disruptive technologies expected to reshape businesses of tomorrow. The key challenges will be availability, robustness and reliability of networks that connect devices in a business environment. Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) is expected to...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,273
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, will discuss the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They will also review two "free infrastruct...
Oct. 28, 2016 10:32 AM EDT Reads: 229
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,957
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 28, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 11,630
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Oct. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,037
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 28, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 720