|By Marketwired .||
|July 11, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 07/11/14 -- Marlin & Associates, the boutique investment banking and strategic advisory firm, announced today that Ken Marlin, the firm's founder and Managing Partner, has again been named in the "Tech 50," a prestigious list of the 50 most influential people in financial technology, by Institutional Investor (II), the leading global financial magazine. Mr. Marlin was the only investment banker to be named to II's "Tech 50" list. According to Institutional Investor, "Deal making is as integral to the evolution of the financial technology industry as the technologies themselves and Ken Marlin has been in the thick of it..." Candidates were evaluated by four primary sets of attributes: achievements and contributions over the course of a career; scope and complexity of responsibilities; influence and leadership inside and outside the organization; and pure technological innovation.
Some other notable Tech 50 professionals include: Bloomberg's Tom Secunda, Jeffrey Sprecher of ICE, Lance Uggla of Markit, David Craig of Thomson Reuters, Anna Ewing of NASDAQ, Joe Ratterman of BATS Global Markets, Lou Eccleston of S&P Capital IQ, Richard McVey of MarketAxess, and Seth Merrin of Liquidnet. For the complete list of Institutional Investor's Tech 50, please click HERE.
Institutional Investor is focused on international finance and is known for its industry rankings. The "Tech 50" was compiled by II's editors and staff, with nominations and other input from industry participants and experts.
Marlin & Associates is one of the most active firms advising buyers and sellers of U.S. and international middle-market firms that provide software, data, and related services. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington DC, Toronto and Hong Kong, the firm has been the recipient of numerous awards and has advised on more than 200 transactions. For more information on Ken Marlin and Marlin & Associates please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
About Marlin & Associates
Marlin & Associates is based in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC, Toronto, Canada, and Hong Kong, China and has been the recipient of numerous awards including "Middle-Market Investment Bank of the Year", "Middle-Market Financing Agent of the Year - Equity" and, "TMT Advisory Bank of the Year". Two transactions on which Marlin & Associates advised have been recognized as "Deals-of-the Decade". Marlin & Associates' team of professionals has advised on over 200 information-technology transactions. For more information please visit www.MarlinLLC.com.
Marlin & Associates Securities LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marlin & Associates Holding LLC, is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and is a FINRA/SIPC member firm (www.finra.org). Investment banking and/or securities are offered through Marlin & Associates Securities LLC.
Some recent clients that Marlin & Associates has advised include:
- RevSpring Inc. of Wixom, Michigan which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Talksoft Corporation;
- Current Analysis of Washington, D.C. which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Progressive Digital Media plc (AIM: PRO);
- Blackstone (NYSE: BX) and the Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) Merchant Banking Division (together, the "Sponsors") which Marlin & Associates advised on their acquisition of Ipreo Holdings LLC ("Ipreo") from affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. ("KKR") (NYSE: KKR);
- The Frayman Group of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Intapp, Inc.;
- ByAllAccounts, Inc. of Woburn, Massachusetts which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN);
- SpryWare LLC, of Chicago, Illinois, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Pico Quantitative Trading Holdings LLC;
- NPD Group of Port Washington, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Leisure Trends Group;
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: MKTX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale of Greenline Financial Technologies to CameronTec;
- Bain Capital Ventures' portfolio company ABILITY Network Inc. of Minneapolis, Minnesota, which Marlin & Associates advised on its merger with IVANS;
- SR Labs, LLC of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its $53M capital raise from Insight Venture Partners;
- Knovel Inc. of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Reed Elsevier PLC (LSE: REL);
- XcitekSolutionsPlus, LLC (XSP) of Birmingham, Alabama which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to SunGard Data Systems Inc.;
- DMLT LLC (dba Investment Café) of Tampa, Florida, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to eFront, a portfolio company of Francisco Partners;
- Correlix of New York, New York and Tel Aviv, Israel, which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to TS-Associates;
- Ideas International Ltd. (ASX: IDE) of Hornsby, Australia which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Gartner (NYSE: IT);
- Coalition Development Ltd. of London, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to CRISIL, a subsidiary of McGraw-Hill (NYSE: MHP);
- IMS Research of Wellingborough, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to IHS Inc.;
- NYSE Euronext (NYSE: NYX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of a strategic shareholding in Fixnetix;
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of a majority interest in Triple Point Technology;
- Atrium Network of London, United Kingdom which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to TMX Group (TSX: X);
- NYSE Euronext (NYSE: NYX) of New York, New York which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Metabit (Tokyo, Japan);
- Subserveo, Inc. of Vancouver, Canada which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to DST Systems, Inc. (NYSE: DST);
- NaviNet, Inc. of Cambridge, Massachusetts which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Prematics;
- Qatarlyst of Doha, Qatar which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of London-based RI3K;
- SMARTS Group of Sydney, Australia which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to NASDAQ OMX (NASDAQ: NDAQ);
- SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) of Brussels, Belgium which Marlin & Associates advised on its acquisition of Ambit Messaging Hub from SunGard;
- Avox of Wrexham Wales, United Kingdom, a majority-owned company of Deutsche Börse (ETR: DB1) which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC); and
- Strategic Analytics of Santa Fe, New Mexico which Marlin & Associates advised on its sale to Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ: VRSK).
+1 (212) 257-6300
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 23, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,401
“Being the one true cloud-agnostic and storage-agnostic software solution, more and more customers are coming to Commvault and saying ' What do you recommend? What's your best practice for implementing cloud?” explained Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist at Commvault, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,564
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,567
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,869
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,936
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,637
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,764
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,010
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,408
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,777
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., and Logan Best, Infrastructure & Network Engineer at Webair, focused on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He gave an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He also outlined what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix ...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,661
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,863
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 859
"We view the cloud not really as a specific technology but as a way of doing business and that way of doing business is transforming the way software, infrastructure and services are being delivered to business," explained Matthew Rosen, CEO and Director at Fusion, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,424