|By Business Wire||
|July 11, 2014 09:02 AM EDT||
ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT) has a rich history of innovation for the aerospace industry and next week, the company and several of its leading brands will continue building on that legacy as they showcase their latest innovative technologies and customized solutions at the 2014 Farnborough Air Show.
As a global multi-industrial company, ITT has long designed and manufactured highly engineered technologies for the aerospace industry, including valves, pumps and switches for fluid and environmental control systems; utility actuators that open and close exterior doors with improved fuel efficiency and reduced noise; custom engineered components that minimize vibrations and noise, control overhead stowage bins and allow seats to recline and return to an upright position; and connectors and interconnects that increase communication bandwidth and help ensure critical systems operate reliably and efficiently.
At Farnborough, ITT and its Cannon, Enidine and Aerospace Controls teams will be highlighting several new technologies and solutions including:
- The K-Lock Ultra High Vibration Locking Coupling System, which protects critical connections with locking coupling and reduces the risk of decoupling in extreme vibration and exposure environments.
- The Micro Wireless Access Point High-Bandwidth RF Connector System, which features high-bandwidth RF technology enabling the use of flight-qualified connectors that deliver superior transmission of RF signal inside and outside an aircraft.
- The Selective Lift-Assist System, which lightens the amount of force needed to lift large, drop-down stowage bins in modern aircrafts, providing a safer and more comfortable flying experience and allowing increased luggage capacities.
- The patented Strut Integrated Isolator technology, which incorporates a fail-safe elastomeric cartridge directly in a strut, eliminating the need for separate elastomeric mounts.
- Two advanced valve product lines, the Shrouded Valve and Fuel Spar Valve, which offer enhanced safety, reliability and efficiency in a robust and highly engineered solution, and four expanded and improved actuator product lines led by the Dual Motor Actuator, which features a higher torque rating for the most demanding installations.
ITT components can be found on major aircraft platforms from the largest commercial transports to business jets, helicopters and all manner of military aircraft and land vehicles. A portion of ITT’s business is also focused on supplying aftermarket services for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft to meet the airlines’ critical needs of updating equipment and keeping planes running safety and efficiently.
ITT is a diversified leading manufacturer of highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions for the energy, transportation and industrial markets. Building on its heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. With its strong Aerospace Controls, Cannon and Enidine portfolios, ITT is a leader in serving customers in the aerospace and defense markets. Founded in 1920, ITT is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with employees in more than 35 countries and sales in a total of approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2013 revenues of $2.5 billion.
Apr. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 293
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,532
Apr. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,745
Apr. 29, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,401
Apr. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,693
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,775
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 633
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,606
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,666
Apr. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,546
Apr. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 856
Apr. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 865
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,406
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,413