|By Business Wire||
|July 11, 2014 09:02 AM EDT||
ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT) has a rich history of innovation for the aerospace industry and next week, the company and several of its leading brands will continue building on that legacy as they showcase their latest innovative technologies and customized solutions at the 2014 Farnborough Air Show.
As a global multi-industrial company, ITT has long designed and manufactured highly engineered technologies for the aerospace industry, including valves, pumps and switches for fluid and environmental control systems; utility actuators that open and close exterior doors with improved fuel efficiency and reduced noise; custom engineered components that minimize vibrations and noise, control overhead stowage bins and allow seats to recline and return to an upright position; and connectors and interconnects that increase communication bandwidth and help ensure critical systems operate reliably and efficiently.
At Farnborough, ITT and its Cannon, Enidine and Aerospace Controls teams will be highlighting several new technologies and solutions including:
- The K-Lock Ultra High Vibration Locking Coupling System, which protects critical connections with locking coupling and reduces the risk of decoupling in extreme vibration and exposure environments.
- The Micro Wireless Access Point High-Bandwidth RF Connector System, which features high-bandwidth RF technology enabling the use of flight-qualified connectors that deliver superior transmission of RF signal inside and outside an aircraft.
- The Selective Lift-Assist System, which lightens the amount of force needed to lift large, drop-down stowage bins in modern aircrafts, providing a safer and more comfortable flying experience and allowing increased luggage capacities.
- The patented Strut Integrated Isolator technology, which incorporates a fail-safe elastomeric cartridge directly in a strut, eliminating the need for separate elastomeric mounts.
- Two advanced valve product lines, the Shrouded Valve and Fuel Spar Valve, which offer enhanced safety, reliability and efficiency in a robust and highly engineered solution, and four expanded and improved actuator product lines led by the Dual Motor Actuator, which features a higher torque rating for the most demanding installations.
ITT components can be found on major aircraft platforms from the largest commercial transports to business jets, helicopters and all manner of military aircraft and land vehicles. A portion of ITT’s business is also focused on supplying aftermarket services for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft to meet the airlines’ critical needs of updating equipment and keeping planes running safety and efficiently.
ITT is a diversified leading manufacturer of highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions for the energy, transportation and industrial markets. Building on its heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. With its strong Aerospace Controls, Cannon and Enidine portfolios, ITT is a leader in serving customers in the aerospace and defense markets. Founded in 1920, ITT is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with employees in more than 35 countries and sales in a total of approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2013 revenues of $2.5 billion.
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,239
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Sep. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,835
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,104
Sep. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,417
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,818
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,045
Sep. 30, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 468
Sep. 30, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 456
Sep. 30, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,195
Sep. 30, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 742
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,562
Sep. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 557
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 469
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 454
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,455