|By Business Wire||
|July 11, 2014 04:39 PM EDT||
The ready-now, affordable technologies developed by Exelis solve the most demanding problems for customers’ most critical airborne missions, including those in the military, government and commercial space. At Farnborough, Exelis will highlight its core capabilities and extensive expertise in the areas of EW (electronic warfare), composite aerostructures, critical networks, and ISR (intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance) and analytics.
“Farnborough provides a unique opportunity to highlight our advanced airborne solutions to a diverse, international market,” said David Melcher, president and chief executive officer of Exelis. “Exelis has decades of experience developing innovative systems that command the airspace. We look forward to continuing to drive programs and pursuits that enable our international and domestic customers and partners to operate effectively in a highly networked and digitized world that continues to rely on airborne missions and operations.”
Key Exelis technologies that will be highlighted at the show include:
- Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS) is an integrated radar warning receiver and radio frequency (RF) jammer that provides electronic countermeasures against modern airborne and ground-based RF threats. AIDEWS is offered in an internally installed (V)4 configuration, as well as in an external, hard-point fitted (V)9 pod. The air forces of Oman, Chile and Poland all fly the combat capable (V)4, while Pakistan and Turkey have both the (V)4 and the (V)9 for their new and legacy F-16s.
- Missile Warning System (AN/AAR-60(V)2) is an advanced warning system that counters infrared-guided missiles, and has become vital for survivability. The AN/AAR-60(V)2 is a proven, true-imaging sensor device optimized to detect spectral radiation emitted from approaching missile exhaust plumes, allowing special operators to react early and appropriately.
- ALQ-136 Helicopter RF Countermeasures System is a RF countermeasure system designed for rotorcraft. Initially developed in the 1990s for the U.S. Army Apache, Exelis has completed an overall technology refresh of the system providing mission enabling and helicopter self-protection capabilities. This upgraded capability will enable the Apache to operate in the new, littoral environments, as well as in the traditional land battle arena.
- Network Electronic Warfare Capability (NEWC) is designed to allow any rotary wing platform to receive and transmit aircraft survivability, situational awareness and threat information as a networked application — enabling the sharing of critical information with several helicopters at once. In a constantly changing EW environment, advanced technologies are required to provide the warfighter with full-dimensional situational awareness to enable mission success.
- AN/ALQ-214 IDECM Radio Frequency Countermeasure (RFCM) is the self-protection and mission enabling EW system for the U.S. Navy’s combat aircraft – the F/A-18E/F, C/D. In 2009, Exelis received an award to upgrade this system with, among other improvements, a software-defined hardware architecture. This new system design, along with the ongoing software technology roadmap, ensures the U.S. Navy aircraft will be protected and effective against current and future threats.
- Struts, Tubes and Rods (STaR) is a new product line that expands the company’s aerostructures solutions to meet market demands for high-performance, light-weight structural hardware for commercial and military aircraft applications. Exelis will use patented design and manufacturing technology to produce a variety of composite hardware components under the Exelis STaR product line, including floor beam and wing box struts, control rods and torque tubes. Designed around the unique manufacturing technology, the Exelis STaR products offer rapid development and reconfiguration and provide higher strength-to-weight ratio versus traditional metallic parts.
- SwitchPlusIP™ is an interoperable communications solution that is the leading-edge technology of Voice over Internet Protocol, with enhanced capabilities for mission-critical applications. This solution provides defense organizations with the ability to communicate reliably and securely across the seas or the skies, reducing the time needed to respond to threats.
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in positioning and navigation, sensors, air traffic management solutions, image processing and distribution, communications and information systems; and focused on strategic growth in the areas of critical networks, ISR and analytics, electronic warfare and composite aerostructures. Headquartered in McLean, Va., Exelis employs about 17,000 people and generated 2013 sales of $4.8 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
In the 21st century, security on the Internet has become one of the most important issues. We hear more and more about cyber-attacks on the websites of large corporations, banks and even small businesses. When online we’re concerned not only for our own safety but also our privacy. We have to know that hackers usually start their preparation by investigating the private information of admins – the habits, interests, visited websites and so on. On the other hand, our own security is in danger bec...
Oct. 26, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 311
Successful transition from traditional IT to cloud computing requires three key ingredients: an IT architecture that allows companies to extend their internal best practices to the cloud, a cost point that allows economies of scale, and automated processes that manage risk exposure and maintain regulatory compliance with industry regulations (FFIEC, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FISMA). The unique combination of VMware, the IBM Cloud, and Cloud Raxak, a 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Automation, provides a co...
Oct. 26, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,283
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 988
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,106
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,390
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,008
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,162
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 603
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 413
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,557
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,955
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cemware will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Use MATLAB functions by just visiting website mathfreeon.com. MATLAB compatible, freely usable, online platform services. As of October 2016, 80,000 users from 180 countries are enjoying our platform service.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 945
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,603
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,228
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,898