|By Business Wire||
|July 11, 2014 04:39 PM EDT||
The ready-now, affordable technologies developed by Exelis solve the most demanding problems for customers’ most critical airborne missions, including those in the military, government and commercial space. At Farnborough, Exelis will highlight its core capabilities and extensive expertise in the areas of EW (electronic warfare), composite aerostructures, critical networks, and ISR (intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance) and analytics.
“Farnborough provides a unique opportunity to highlight our advanced airborne solutions to a diverse, international market,” said David Melcher, president and chief executive officer of Exelis. “Exelis has decades of experience developing innovative systems that command the airspace. We look forward to continuing to drive programs and pursuits that enable our international and domestic customers and partners to operate effectively in a highly networked and digitized world that continues to rely on airborne missions and operations.”
Key Exelis technologies that will be highlighted at the show include:
- Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS) is an integrated radar warning receiver and radio frequency (RF) jammer that provides electronic countermeasures against modern airborne and ground-based RF threats. AIDEWS is offered in an internally installed (V)4 configuration, as well as in an external, hard-point fitted (V)9 pod. The air forces of Oman, Chile and Poland all fly the combat capable (V)4, while Pakistan and Turkey have both the (V)4 and the (V)9 for their new and legacy F-16s.
- Missile Warning System (AN/AAR-60(V)2) is an advanced warning system that counters infrared-guided missiles, and has become vital for survivability. The AN/AAR-60(V)2 is a proven, true-imaging sensor device optimized to detect spectral radiation emitted from approaching missile exhaust plumes, allowing special operators to react early and appropriately.
- ALQ-136 Helicopter RF Countermeasures System is a RF countermeasure system designed for rotorcraft. Initially developed in the 1990s for the U.S. Army Apache, Exelis has completed an overall technology refresh of the system providing mission enabling and helicopter self-protection capabilities. This upgraded capability will enable the Apache to operate in the new, littoral environments, as well as in the traditional land battle arena.
- Network Electronic Warfare Capability (NEWC) is designed to allow any rotary wing platform to receive and transmit aircraft survivability, situational awareness and threat information as a networked application — enabling the sharing of critical information with several helicopters at once. In a constantly changing EW environment, advanced technologies are required to provide the warfighter with full-dimensional situational awareness to enable mission success.
- AN/ALQ-214 IDECM Radio Frequency Countermeasure (RFCM) is the self-protection and mission enabling EW system for the U.S. Navy’s combat aircraft – the F/A-18E/F, C/D. In 2009, Exelis received an award to upgrade this system with, among other improvements, a software-defined hardware architecture. This new system design, along with the ongoing software technology roadmap, ensures the U.S. Navy aircraft will be protected and effective against current and future threats.
- Struts, Tubes and Rods (STaR) is a new product line that expands the company’s aerostructures solutions to meet market demands for high-performance, light-weight structural hardware for commercial and military aircraft applications. Exelis will use patented design and manufacturing technology to produce a variety of composite hardware components under the Exelis STaR product line, including floor beam and wing box struts, control rods and torque tubes. Designed around the unique manufacturing technology, the Exelis STaR products offer rapid development and reconfiguration and provide higher strength-to-weight ratio versus traditional metallic parts.
- SwitchPlusIP™ is an interoperable communications solution that is the leading-edge technology of Voice over Internet Protocol, with enhanced capabilities for mission-critical applications. This solution provides defense organizations with the ability to communicate reliably and securely across the seas or the skies, reducing the time needed to respond to threats.
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in positioning and navigation, sensors, air traffic management solutions, image processing and distribution, communications and information systems; and focused on strategic growth in the areas of critical networks, ISR and analytics, electronic warfare and composite aerostructures. Headquartered in McLean, Va., Exelis employs about 17,000 people and generated 2013 sales of $4.8 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 24, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,505
With the introduction of IoT and Smart Living in every aspect of our lives, one question has become relevant: What are the security implications? To answer this, first we have to look and explore the security models of the technologies that IoT is founded upon. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nevi Kaja, a Research Engineer at Ford Motor Company, will discuss some of the security challenges of the IoT infrastructure and relate how these aspects impact Smart Living. The material will be delivered i...
Mar. 24, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,856
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 250
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,604
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Mar. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,105
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 24, 2017 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 379
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 24, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,291
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 24, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,765
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Mar. 24, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,257
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 24, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,031
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 24, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 513
VeriStor Systems has announced that CRN has named VeriStor to its 2017 Managed Service Provider (MSP) 500 list in the Elite 150 category. This annual list recognizes North American solution providers with cutting-edge approaches to delivering managed services. Their offerings help companies navigate the complex and ever-changing landscape of IT, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize their return on IT investments. In today’s fast-paced business environments, MSPs play an important role...
Mar. 24, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,109
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 24, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,546
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 24, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,544
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 24, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 565