|By Business Wire||
|July 11, 2014 04:39 PM EDT||
The ready-now, affordable technologies developed by Exelis solve the most demanding problems for customers’ most critical airborne missions, including those in the military, government and commercial space. At Farnborough, Exelis will highlight its core capabilities and extensive expertise in the areas of EW (electronic warfare), composite aerostructures, critical networks, and ISR (intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance) and analytics.
“Farnborough provides a unique opportunity to highlight our advanced airborne solutions to a diverse, international market,” said David Melcher, president and chief executive officer of Exelis. “Exelis has decades of experience developing innovative systems that command the airspace. We look forward to continuing to drive programs and pursuits that enable our international and domestic customers and partners to operate effectively in a highly networked and digitized world that continues to rely on airborne missions and operations.”
Key Exelis technologies that will be highlighted at the show include:
- Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS) is an integrated radar warning receiver and radio frequency (RF) jammer that provides electronic countermeasures against modern airborne and ground-based RF threats. AIDEWS is offered in an internally installed (V)4 configuration, as well as in an external, hard-point fitted (V)9 pod. The air forces of Oman, Chile and Poland all fly the combat capable (V)4, while Pakistan and Turkey have both the (V)4 and the (V)9 for their new and legacy F-16s.
- Missile Warning System (AN/AAR-60(V)2) is an advanced warning system that counters infrared-guided missiles, and has become vital for survivability. The AN/AAR-60(V)2 is a proven, true-imaging sensor device optimized to detect spectral radiation emitted from approaching missile exhaust plumes, allowing special operators to react early and appropriately.
- ALQ-136 Helicopter RF Countermeasures System is a RF countermeasure system designed for rotorcraft. Initially developed in the 1990s for the U.S. Army Apache, Exelis has completed an overall technology refresh of the system providing mission enabling and helicopter self-protection capabilities. This upgraded capability will enable the Apache to operate in the new, littoral environments, as well as in the traditional land battle arena.
- Network Electronic Warfare Capability (NEWC) is designed to allow any rotary wing platform to receive and transmit aircraft survivability, situational awareness and threat information as a networked application — enabling the sharing of critical information with several helicopters at once. In a constantly changing EW environment, advanced technologies are required to provide the warfighter with full-dimensional situational awareness to enable mission success.
- AN/ALQ-214 IDECM Radio Frequency Countermeasure (RFCM) is the self-protection and mission enabling EW system for the U.S. Navy’s combat aircraft – the F/A-18E/F, C/D. In 2009, Exelis received an award to upgrade this system with, among other improvements, a software-defined hardware architecture. This new system design, along with the ongoing software technology roadmap, ensures the U.S. Navy aircraft will be protected and effective against current and future threats.
- Struts, Tubes and Rods (STaR) is a new product line that expands the company’s aerostructures solutions to meet market demands for high-performance, light-weight structural hardware for commercial and military aircraft applications. Exelis will use patented design and manufacturing technology to produce a variety of composite hardware components under the Exelis STaR product line, including floor beam and wing box struts, control rods and torque tubes. Designed around the unique manufacturing technology, the Exelis STaR products offer rapid development and reconfiguration and provide higher strength-to-weight ratio versus traditional metallic parts.
- SwitchPlusIP™ is an interoperable communications solution that is the leading-edge technology of Voice over Internet Protocol, with enhanced capabilities for mission-critical applications. This solution provides defense organizations with the ability to communicate reliably and securely across the seas or the skies, reducing the time needed to respond to threats.
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in positioning and navigation, sensors, air traffic management solutions, image processing and distribution, communications and information systems; and focused on strategic growth in the areas of critical networks, ISR and analytics, electronic warfare and composite aerostructures. Headquartered in McLean, Va., Exelis employs about 17,000 people and generated 2013 sales of $4.8 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Apr. 23, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 8,480
Everyone wants to use containers, but monitoring containers is hard. New ephemeral architecture introduces new challenges in how monitoring tools need to monitor and visualize containers, so your team can make sense of everything. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, David Gildeh, co-founder and CEO of Outlyer, will go through the challenges and show there is light at the end of the tunnel if you use the right tools and understand what you need to be monitoring to successfully use containers in your...
Apr. 23, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,422
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 22, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,005
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 22, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,392
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Apr. 22, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,781
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Apr. 22, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,757
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 22, 2017 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,425
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 22, 2017 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,790
Blockchain is a shared, secure record of exchange that establishes trust, accountability and transparency across supply chain networks. Supported by the Linux Foundation's open source, open-standards based Hyperledger Project, Blockchain has the potential to improve regulatory compliance, reduce cost and time for product recall as well as advance trade. Are you curious about Blockchain and how it can provide you with new opportunities for innovation and growth? In her session at 20th Cloud Exp...
Apr. 22, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,093
Cybersecurity is a critical component of software development in many industries including medical devices. However, code is not always written to be robust or secure from the unknown or the unexpected. This gap can make medical devices susceptible to cybersecurity attacks ranging from compromised personal health information to life-sustaining treatment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Fortney, Software Engineer at Battelle, will discuss how programming oversight using key methods can incre...
Apr. 22, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,628
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of DevOps Product and Solutions Marketing at CA Technologies, has been named co-conference chair of DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017. The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo Silicon Valley will take place Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 22, 2017 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,133
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 22, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,645
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, discussed the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docker c...
Apr. 22, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,298
Did you know that you can develop for mainframes in Java? Or that the testing and deployment can be automated across mobile to mainframe? In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Vaughn Marshall, Sr. Principal Product Owner at CA Technologies, will discuss and demo how increasingly teams are developing with agile methodologies using modern development environments and automating testing and deployments, mobile to mainframe.
Apr. 22, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 641
SYS-CON Events announced today that Grape Up will exhibit at SYS-CON's 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on Oct. 31 – Nov 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Grape Up is a software company specializing in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the U.S. and Europe, Grape Up works with a variety of customers from emergi...
Apr. 22, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,357