|By Business Wire||
|July 11, 2014 04:39 PM EDT||
The ready-now, affordable technologies developed by Exelis solve the most demanding problems for customers’ most critical airborne missions, including those in the military, government and commercial space. At Farnborough, Exelis will highlight its core capabilities and extensive expertise in the areas of EW (electronic warfare), composite aerostructures, critical networks, and ISR (intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance) and analytics.
“Farnborough provides a unique opportunity to highlight our advanced airborne solutions to a diverse, international market,” said David Melcher, president and chief executive officer of Exelis. “Exelis has decades of experience developing innovative systems that command the airspace. We look forward to continuing to drive programs and pursuits that enable our international and domestic customers and partners to operate effectively in a highly networked and digitized world that continues to rely on airborne missions and operations.”
Key Exelis technologies that will be highlighted at the show include:
- Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS) is an integrated radar warning receiver and radio frequency (RF) jammer that provides electronic countermeasures against modern airborne and ground-based RF threats. AIDEWS is offered in an internally installed (V)4 configuration, as well as in an external, hard-point fitted (V)9 pod. The air forces of Oman, Chile and Poland all fly the combat capable (V)4, while Pakistan and Turkey have both the (V)4 and the (V)9 for their new and legacy F-16s.
- Missile Warning System (AN/AAR-60(V)2) is an advanced warning system that counters infrared-guided missiles, and has become vital for survivability. The AN/AAR-60(V)2 is a proven, true-imaging sensor device optimized to detect spectral radiation emitted from approaching missile exhaust plumes, allowing special operators to react early and appropriately.
- ALQ-136 Helicopter RF Countermeasures System is a RF countermeasure system designed for rotorcraft. Initially developed in the 1990s for the U.S. Army Apache, Exelis has completed an overall technology refresh of the system providing mission enabling and helicopter self-protection capabilities. This upgraded capability will enable the Apache to operate in the new, littoral environments, as well as in the traditional land battle arena.
- Network Electronic Warfare Capability (NEWC) is designed to allow any rotary wing platform to receive and transmit aircraft survivability, situational awareness and threat information as a networked application — enabling the sharing of critical information with several helicopters at once. In a constantly changing EW environment, advanced technologies are required to provide the warfighter with full-dimensional situational awareness to enable mission success.
- AN/ALQ-214 IDECM Radio Frequency Countermeasure (RFCM) is the self-protection and mission enabling EW system for the U.S. Navy’s combat aircraft – the F/A-18E/F, C/D. In 2009, Exelis received an award to upgrade this system with, among other improvements, a software-defined hardware architecture. This new system design, along with the ongoing software technology roadmap, ensures the U.S. Navy aircraft will be protected and effective against current and future threats.
- Struts, Tubes and Rods (STaR) is a new product line that expands the company’s aerostructures solutions to meet market demands for high-performance, light-weight structural hardware for commercial and military aircraft applications. Exelis will use patented design and manufacturing technology to produce a variety of composite hardware components under the Exelis STaR product line, including floor beam and wing box struts, control rods and torque tubes. Designed around the unique manufacturing technology, the Exelis STaR products offer rapid development and reconfiguration and provide higher strength-to-weight ratio versus traditional metallic parts.
- SwitchPlusIP™ is an interoperable communications solution that is the leading-edge technology of Voice over Internet Protocol, with enhanced capabilities for mission-critical applications. This solution provides defense organizations with the ability to communicate reliably and securely across the seas or the skies, reducing the time needed to respond to threats.
Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense, information and services company that leverages a 50-year legacy of deep customer knowledge and technical expertise to deliver affordable, mission-critical solutions for global customers. We are a leader in positioning and navigation, sensors, air traffic management solutions, image processing and distribution, communications and information systems; and focused on strategic growth in the areas of critical networks, ISR and analytics, electronic warfare and composite aerostructures. Headquartered in McLean, Va., Exelis employs about 17,000 people and generated 2013 sales of $4.8 billion. For more information, visit our website at www.exelisinc.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Oct. 1, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,397
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at EMC, will introduce a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organizati...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,859
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 672
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,055
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,321
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,737
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your ...
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,309
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 610
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,768
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,202
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,561
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,073
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 879
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,194