|By Marketwired .||
|July 14, 2014 08:12 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/14/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Bombardier, the world's only manufacturer of both planes and trains with more than 71,700 employees around the world, is always searching for the best talent to engineer, design, manufacture, and market its innovative aerospace and rail solutions. To help align talent with demand, Bombardier is leveraging Oracle Talent Management Cloud, part of Oracle HCM Cloud, to provide a single, global applicant tracking system (ATS). Since upgrading to the latest version of Oracle Talent Management Cloud for recruiting, Bombardier has reduced recruiting time for technical and highly skilled positions, while increasing the quality and diversity of applicants.
- To enable a more strategic approach to talent acquisition across its global organization, Bombardier has upgraded to the latest version of Oracle Talent Management Cloud, a component of Oracle HCM Cloud, to propel its recruiting capabilities.
- With large, time-sensitive orders for its transportation solutions, fast talent acquisition is critical to the company's success, particularly for in-demand positions like engineers and project managers.
- Facing competition across key geographies, Bombardier needed a more efficient way to source, assess, and acquire internal and external talent across its two divisions, Bombardier Transport and Bombardier Aerospace.
- By combining its two applicant tracking systems into a single instance of Oracle Talent Management Cloud for recruiting, complete with advanced reporting and analytics, Bombardier increased the efficiency and effectiveness of its recruiting processes. This has enabled Bombardier to achieve:
- Faster Time to Hire -- By automating its recruiting processes with Oracle, Bombardier accelerated the hiring lifecycle for technical and skilled positions, which comprise a majority of its needs.
- Increased Candidate Volume -- The new Oracle ATS allows Bombardier to handle twice as much traffic from online applicants without an increase in dedicated IT staff.
- Greater Talent Diversity -- With an integrated, global ATS, Bombardier now receives résumés that are more diversified by skill set and geography, enabling the company to scale its operations worldwide and create and staff centers of excellence with top talent.
- Reduced Training Time -- By hiring more highly skilled candidates, Bombardier has reduced the amount of training it needs to provide both full-time employees and contractors.
- Consistent Innovation -- By adopting the upgrades and enhancements Oracle delivers every six months, Bombardier is always at the cutting edge of recruiting technology, optimizing the experience for its recruiters and candidates.
- Bombardier is using the recruiting capabilities of Oracle Talent Management Cloud, an integrated, end-to-end talent management solution that enables organizations to recruit, nurture, and retain top talent. It is designed to help modern HR leaders source and acquire talent, develop talent for critical roles, and promote a high-performance culture and collaborative learning environment.
- "In an industry where technology, customer and consumer needs are always changing, Bombardier strives to employ the smartest and most focused talent to design and manufacture its high performance mobility solutions," said Jean-Francois Deschenes, chief web officer and HRIS director, Bombardier, Inc. "We've gained a competitive edge in the global market with Oracle as our recruiting technology partner. The integrated, intuitive Oracle Talent Management Cloud recruiting system has enabled us to quickly and efficiently expand globally, hiring the most skilled people possible for the job at hand."
- Oracle HCM Cloud
- Oracle Talent Management Cloud
- Oracle HCM Blog
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Oracle HCM on Facebook
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today Object Management Group® has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,667
In the rush to compete in the digital age, a successful digital transformation is essential, but many organizations are setting themselves up for failure. There’s a common misconception that the process is just about technology, but it’s not. It’s about your business. It shouldn’t be treated as an isolated IT project; it should be driven by business needs with the committed involvement of a range of stakeholders.
May. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,685
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,041
SYS-CON Events announced today that EastBanc Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EastBanc Technologies has been working at the frontier of technology since 1999. Today, the firm provides full-lifecycle software development delivering flexible technology solutions that seamlessly integrate with existing systems – whether on premise or cloud. EastBanc Technologies partners with p...
May. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,399
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
May. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,624
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, will explore the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences betwee...
May. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,743
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,457
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,323
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, will discuss the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to fo...
May. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,598
As machines are increasingly connected to the internet, it’s becoming easier to discover the numerous ways Industrial IoT (IIoT) is helping to shape the business world. This is exactly why we have decided to take a closer look at this pervasive movement and to examine the desire to connect more things! Now if you need a refresher on IIoT and how it is changing the world, take a moment and listen to Greg Gorbach with ARC Advisory Group. Gorbach believes, "IIoT will significantly change the worl...
May. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,061
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,043
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,984
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,990
Customer experience has become a competitive differentiator for companies, and it’s imperative that brands seamlessly connect the customer journey across all platforms. With the continued explosion of IoT, join us for a look at how to build a winning digital foundation in the connected era – today and in the future. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Nguyen, Group Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how to successfully leverage mobile, rapidly deploy content, capture real-time d...
May. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,696
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Cole, Director of Solutions Engineering at Peak 10, will discuss how the newest technology advances are reducing the cost and complexity of traditional business continuity and disaster recovery solutions. Attendees will: Learn why having a full disaster recovery strategy is more important now than ever before Explore the key drivers of a successful disaster recovery solution Achieve measurable operational and business value from a disaster recovery ...
May. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,461