|By Marketwired .||
|July 14, 2014 08:12 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/14/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Bombardier, the world's only manufacturer of both planes and trains with more than 71,700 employees around the world, is always searching for the best talent to engineer, design, manufacture, and market its innovative aerospace and rail solutions. To help align talent with demand, Bombardier is leveraging Oracle Talent Management Cloud, part of Oracle HCM Cloud, to provide a single, global applicant tracking system (ATS). Since upgrading to the latest version of Oracle Talent Management Cloud for recruiting, Bombardier has reduced recruiting time for technical and highly skilled positions, while increasing the quality and diversity of applicants.
- To enable a more strategic approach to talent acquisition across its global organization, Bombardier has upgraded to the latest version of Oracle Talent Management Cloud, a component of Oracle HCM Cloud, to propel its recruiting capabilities.
- With large, time-sensitive orders for its transportation solutions, fast talent acquisition is critical to the company's success, particularly for in-demand positions like engineers and project managers.
- Facing competition across key geographies, Bombardier needed a more efficient way to source, assess, and acquire internal and external talent across its two divisions, Bombardier Transport and Bombardier Aerospace.
- By combining its two applicant tracking systems into a single instance of Oracle Talent Management Cloud for recruiting, complete with advanced reporting and analytics, Bombardier increased the efficiency and effectiveness of its recruiting processes. This has enabled Bombardier to achieve:
- Faster Time to Hire -- By automating its recruiting processes with Oracle, Bombardier accelerated the hiring lifecycle for technical and skilled positions, which comprise a majority of its needs.
- Increased Candidate Volume -- The new Oracle ATS allows Bombardier to handle twice as much traffic from online applicants without an increase in dedicated IT staff.
- Greater Talent Diversity -- With an integrated, global ATS, Bombardier now receives résumés that are more diversified by skill set and geography, enabling the company to scale its operations worldwide and create and staff centers of excellence with top talent.
- Reduced Training Time -- By hiring more highly skilled candidates, Bombardier has reduced the amount of training it needs to provide both full-time employees and contractors.
- Consistent Innovation -- By adopting the upgrades and enhancements Oracle delivers every six months, Bombardier is always at the cutting edge of recruiting technology, optimizing the experience for its recruiters and candidates.
- Bombardier is using the recruiting capabilities of Oracle Talent Management Cloud, an integrated, end-to-end talent management solution that enables organizations to recruit, nurture, and retain top talent. It is designed to help modern HR leaders source and acquire talent, develop talent for critical roles, and promote a high-performance culture and collaborative learning environment.
- "In an industry where technology, customer and consumer needs are always changing, Bombardier strives to employ the smartest and most focused talent to design and manufacture its high performance mobility solutions," said Jean-Francois Deschenes, chief web officer and HRIS director, Bombardier, Inc. "We've gained a competitive edge in the global market with Oracle as our recruiting technology partner. The integrated, intuitive Oracle Talent Management Cloud recruiting system has enabled us to quickly and efficiently expand globally, hiring the most skilled people possible for the job at hand."
- Oracle HCM Cloud
- Oracle Talent Management Cloud
- Oracle HCM Blog
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Oracle HCM on Facebook
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,296
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:02 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will present at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they manag...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,685
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 935
As companies adopt the cloud-to-streamline workflow, deployment hasn’t been very seamless because of IT concerns surrounding security risks. The cloud offers many benefits, but protecting and securing information can be tricky across multiple cloud providers and remains IT’s overall responsibility. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Simon Bain, CEO of SearchYourCloud, will address security compliance issues associated with cloud applications and how document-level encryption is critical for sup...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 427
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,227
DevOps is speeding towards the IT world like a freight train and the hype around it is deafening. There is no reason to be afraid of this change as it is the natural reaction to the agile movement that revolutionized development just a few years ago. By definition, DevOps is the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. The relevance of this has yet to be quantified but it has been suggested that the route to the CEO’s chair will come from the IT leaders that successfully ma...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 16,667
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It doe...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,107
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 208
Although it has gained significant traction in the consumer space, IoT is still in the early stages of adoption in enterprises environments. However, many companies are working on initiatives like Industry 4.0 that includes IoT as one of the key disruptive technologies expected to reshape businesses of tomorrow. The key challenges will be availability, robustness and reliability of networks that connect devices in a business environment. Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) is expected to...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,276
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 360
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, will discuss the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They will also review two "free infrastruct...
Oct. 28, 2016 10:32 AM EDT Reads: 241
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,957
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 28, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 11,630
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Oct. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,037