|By Marketwired .||
|July 14, 2014 08:12 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/14/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Bombardier, the world's only manufacturer of both planes and trains with more than 71,700 employees around the world, is always searching for the best talent to engineer, design, manufacture, and market its innovative aerospace and rail solutions. To help align talent with demand, Bombardier is leveraging Oracle Talent Management Cloud, part of Oracle HCM Cloud, to provide a single, global applicant tracking system (ATS). Since upgrading to the latest version of Oracle Talent Management Cloud for recruiting, Bombardier has reduced recruiting time for technical and highly skilled positions, while increasing the quality and diversity of applicants.
- To enable a more strategic approach to talent acquisition across its global organization, Bombardier has upgraded to the latest version of Oracle Talent Management Cloud, a component of Oracle HCM Cloud, to propel its recruiting capabilities.
- With large, time-sensitive orders for its transportation solutions, fast talent acquisition is critical to the company's success, particularly for in-demand positions like engineers and project managers.
- Facing competition across key geographies, Bombardier needed a more efficient way to source, assess, and acquire internal and external talent across its two divisions, Bombardier Transport and Bombardier Aerospace.
- By combining its two applicant tracking systems into a single instance of Oracle Talent Management Cloud for recruiting, complete with advanced reporting and analytics, Bombardier increased the efficiency and effectiveness of its recruiting processes. This has enabled Bombardier to achieve:
- Faster Time to Hire -- By automating its recruiting processes with Oracle, Bombardier accelerated the hiring lifecycle for technical and skilled positions, which comprise a majority of its needs.
- Increased Candidate Volume -- The new Oracle ATS allows Bombardier to handle twice as much traffic from online applicants without an increase in dedicated IT staff.
- Greater Talent Diversity -- With an integrated, global ATS, Bombardier now receives résumés that are more diversified by skill set and geography, enabling the company to scale its operations worldwide and create and staff centers of excellence with top talent.
- Reduced Training Time -- By hiring more highly skilled candidates, Bombardier has reduced the amount of training it needs to provide both full-time employees and contractors.
- Consistent Innovation -- By adopting the upgrades and enhancements Oracle delivers every six months, Bombardier is always at the cutting edge of recruiting technology, optimizing the experience for its recruiters and candidates.
- Bombardier is using the recruiting capabilities of Oracle Talent Management Cloud, an integrated, end-to-end talent management solution that enables organizations to recruit, nurture, and retain top talent. It is designed to help modern HR leaders source and acquire talent, develop talent for critical roles, and promote a high-performance culture and collaborative learning environment.
- "In an industry where technology, customer and consumer needs are always changing, Bombardier strives to employ the smartest and most focused talent to design and manufacture its high performance mobility solutions," said Jean-Francois Deschenes, chief web officer and HRIS director, Bombardier, Inc. "We've gained a competitive edge in the global market with Oracle as our recruiting technology partner. The integrated, intuitive Oracle Talent Management Cloud recruiting system has enabled us to quickly and efficiently expand globally, hiring the most skilled people possible for the job at hand."
- Oracle HCM Cloud
- Oracle Talent Management Cloud
- Oracle HCM Blog
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
- Oracle HCM on Facebook
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
CIOs and those charged with running IT Operations are challenged to deliver secure, audited, and reliable compute environments for the applications and data for the business. Behind the scenes these tasks are often accomplished by following onerous time-consuming processes and often the management of these environments and processes will be outsourced to multiple IT service providers. In addition, the division of work is often siloed into traditional "towers" that are not well integrated for cro...
Feb. 10, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 478
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 10, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 303
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, showed how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He used a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors...
Feb. 10, 2016 03:00 AM EST
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 10, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 230
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, will discuss using predictive analytics to ...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 386
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 185
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 193
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 373
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 9, 2016 10:15 PM EST Reads: 230
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 9, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 191
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 9, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 161
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 598
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 206
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 137
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST