|By Business Wire||
|July 14, 2014 12:43 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sxxgbc/kenya_steady) has announced the addition of the "Kenya: Steady Growth Expected as Operator Dynamics Set to Change" report to their offering.
This report offers a precise, incisive profile of Kenya's mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from research in the Kenyan market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- Accounting for 84% of telecom services revenue in Kenya, the top two operators are Safaricom and Airtel Kenya, whose core businesses are mobile operations. At the time of writing, both Orange and yuMobile are looking for new owners. Changes in ownership for both companies could have a significant impact on the structure of the market, as new owners are more likely to spend money on infrastructure and marketing.
- Adoption of 3G networks in Kenya is at 16% of the mobile subscription base. This is projected to grow as operators continue to expand their networks. Although there has been a great deal of discussion concerning the rollout of LTE, so far none of the operators has been issued a license. The rollout of LTE is expected to begin in 2015 and the total number of subscriptions to reach over 1million by 2018, which will be over 2% of total mobile subscriptions in Kenya.
- Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities to try and increase unique mobile user penetration in rural areas. Vendors should position themselves for the expected 3G network upgrade and the rollout of LTE over the next year or two.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Market and Competitor Overview
- Kenya in a Global Context
- Economic, Demographic and Political Context
- Regulatory Environment
- Demand Profile
- Service Evolution
- Competitive Landscape
- CAPEX Opportunity Highlights
- Segment Analysis
- Mobile Services
- Fixed Services
- Pay TV
- Identifying Opportunities
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sxxgbc/kenya_steady
Mar. 27, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,984
Mar. 27, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 818
Mar. 27, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,316
Mar. 26, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,866
Mar. 26, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,558
Mar. 26, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,033
Mar. 26, 2017 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 6,113
Mar. 26, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 9,586
Mar. 26, 2017 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,258
Mar. 26, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,042
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,134
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,589
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 6,522
Mar. 26, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,803
Mar. 26, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 10,540