|By Business Wire||
|July 14, 2014 12:43 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sxxgbc/kenya_steady) has announced the addition of the "Kenya: Steady Growth Expected as Operator Dynamics Set to Change" report to their offering.
This report offers a precise, incisive profile of Kenya's mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from research in the Kenyan market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- Accounting for 84% of telecom services revenue in Kenya, the top two operators are Safaricom and Airtel Kenya, whose core businesses are mobile operations. At the time of writing, both Orange and yuMobile are looking for new owners. Changes in ownership for both companies could have a significant impact on the structure of the market, as new owners are more likely to spend money on infrastructure and marketing.
- Adoption of 3G networks in Kenya is at 16% of the mobile subscription base. This is projected to grow as operators continue to expand their networks. Although there has been a great deal of discussion concerning the rollout of LTE, so far none of the operators has been issued a license. The rollout of LTE is expected to begin in 2015 and the total number of subscriptions to reach over 1million by 2018, which will be over 2% of total mobile subscriptions in Kenya.
- Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities to try and increase unique mobile user penetration in rural areas. Vendors should position themselves for the expected 3G network upgrade and the rollout of LTE over the next year or two.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Market and Competitor Overview
- Kenya in a Global Context
- Economic, Demographic and Political Context
- Regulatory Environment
- Demand Profile
- Service Evolution
- Competitive Landscape
- CAPEX Opportunity Highlights
- Segment Analysis
- Mobile Services
- Fixed Services
- Pay TV
- Identifying Opportunities
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sxxgbc/kenya_steady
Oct. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,993
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,155
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 552
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 368
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,541
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 920
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,948
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,584
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,226
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,885
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,618
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,547
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 512
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,520
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,879