|By Marketwired .||
|July 15, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
PORTLAND, OR -- (Marketwired) -- 07/15/14 -- Puppet Labs, the leading provider of IT automation software, today announced Puppet Enterprise 3.3. This new release delivers enhancements in three key areas: It helps customers get started faster, enables automation of more IT infrastructure and is optimized for performance and scale. Puppet Enterprise 3.3 is available immediately.
"To help our rapidly growing customer base be as successful as possible, we've improved everything -- from the installation experience, to simplifying how you write Puppet code, to improvements in scalability and performance," said Brian Stein, senior vice president of engineering at Puppet Labs. "This release makes it easier for administrators to get started and scale Puppet Enterprise over more platforms than ever, adding RHEL 7 and client support for Windows Server 2012 R2. It's exciting to see customers on a broader set of platforms enjoy the benefit of modern IT automation."
Getting Started Faster
It is now easier to install and use Puppet Enterprise:
- Puppet Enterprise Installer Updates. The all-new web-based Puppet Enterprise installer walks administrators through the installation process, whether you need a basic all-in-one installation or a scalable multi-server deployment.
- Expanded Simplified Agent Installation. This release makes it quicker and simpler than ever to bring new nodes under management. Simplified agent installation has been expanded to more platforms including RHEL 7, RHEL 4, AIX, Solaris 10, adding to the existing supported list of RHEL 5, RHEL 6, Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 12.04, Debian 6, Debian 7, SLES 11. Now it's easier to manage mixed-platform environments.
- Manifest Ordering. The new manifest ordering makes it simpler to define the order in which changes will be executed, making it easier for new admins to get started with Puppet Enterprise. Best of all, with manifest ordering, existing Puppet manifests will work without modification.
- Expanded List of Puppet Enterprise Supported Modules. With this release, Puppet Labs is adding three more modules to our list of Puppet Enterprise Supported Modules with full commercial support:
- The VCS repo module allows administrators to manage repositories and pull code from version control systems such as Git.
- The ACL module for Windows provides fine-grained control of security, with the ability to set permissions for users and groups from within Puppet Enterprise.
- The Windows Powershell module enables administrators to manage services such as backups, user profiles, IIS, Exchange and more from Puppet Enterprise, by executing PowerShell commandlets.
Enhanced Performance and Usability
Platform enhancements in Puppet Enterprise improve Puppet master processing performance by as much as 50 percent, and enable up to 25 percent more agent requests, while maintaining high performance.
Another improvement in Puppet Enterprise: console data export. Administrators can export data captured by Puppet Enterprise and import it into their tool of choice to create reports and answer questions about infrastructure, such as which nodes have a particular configuration, and which are out of compliance.
Puppet Enterprise 3.3 enables Puppet admins to manage more platforms, helping customers automate more of their IT infrastructure. This release extends support to Ubuntu 14 LTS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Windows Server 2012 R2. It also includes further enhancements to Razor, a tech preview capability which enables admins to automatically provision new hardware.
Pricing and Availability
You can download Puppet Enterprise 3.3 today and try it out free for up to 10 nodes. Annual subscription options including license, support and maintenance start at $112 per node. Documentation for installing and using Puppet Enterprise can be found here.
- Learn more about Puppet Enterprise: https://puppetlabs.com/puppet/puppet-enterprise
- Read more at the Puppet Labs blog: http://feeds.feedburner.com/PuppetLabs
- Follow Puppet Labs on Twitter @puppetlabs: https://twitter.com/puppetlabs
- Try Puppet Enterprise for free: http://puppetlabs.com/download-puppet-enterprise
About Puppet Labs
Puppet Labs, Inc. is the leader in IT automation. Puppet Labs software provides system administrators the operational agility, efficiency and insight they need to proactively manage dynamic infrastructure, scaling from tens of servers to thousands, both on-premises and in the cloud. Thousands of the world's leading organizations use Puppet Labs software to configure and manage their IT infrastructure, including Bank of America, Cisco, Citrix, eBay, NYSE, PayPal, Salesforce.com and WebEx. Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs employs more than 300 people. The company is backed by investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Google Ventures, VMware, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners. To learn more, please visit PuppetLabs.com.
Mar. 25, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 6,388
Mar. 25, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,678
Mar. 25, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,236
Mar. 25, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,621
Mar. 25, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,994
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,823
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,440
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,610
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,022
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,119
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,741
Mar. 25, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 863
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,483
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 765
SYS-CON Events announced today that CrowdReviews.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CrowdReviews.com is a transparent online platform for determining which products and services are the best based on the opinion of the crowd. The crowd consists of Internet users that have experienced products and services first-hand and have an interest in letting other potential buyers...
Mar. 25, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,501