|By Business Wire||
|July 16, 2014 09:32 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vkxfvk/research_in) has announced the addition of the "Research in Focus: Smartphones - Smartphone Sales to Reach 1.9bn in 2018 as ASP Drops below $190 - Q1 2014" report to their offering.
'Smartphone Sales to Reach 1.9bn in 2018 as ASP Drops below $190,' a new Research in Focus report covers the global handset market, focusing on handsets. It was generated by combining Pyramid analysis with information gathered from operators, vendors, and other industry players as well as primary and secondary research from filings, press releases and regulatory bodies. The report provides historical figures and forecasts on handset and smartphone unit sales, revenues and ASPs across the globe from 2009 to 2018.
- Global demand will continue to be strong for smartphones: The author forecasts a 13.7% CAGR in unit sell-through from 2013 to 2018, resulting in a 2018 total of 1.9bn units. This trend is driven largely by the projected decline of the average selling price at a -10.8% CAGR over the same period, reducing the price to $189 in 2018.
- By 2018, Asia-Pacific will be by far the largest market for smartphones, with over 54% of global smartphone unit sell-through; China and India alone will account for just under 40% of the global total.
- By 2018, revenue from smartphone sales will account for 94.6% of total handset revenue, highlighting an almost complete transition to the technology.
Reasons To Buy
- This Research in Focus report provides a five-year forecast of both the handset and smartphone market in terms of unit sell-through and revenue, developed using Pyramid Research's rigorous bottom-up modeling methodologies, to enable executives to effectively position their companies for growth opportunities and emerging trends in demand for their products.
- A detailed analysis of the market shares of handset and smartphone device vendors, including market share in terms of device sell-through as well as market share in terms of smartphone OS for the years 2011 through 2018, helps executives examine the drivers behind market performance to understand best practices, formulate competitive strategies, assess evolving threats and make informed investments.
- The report details the average selling price of both handsets and smartphones globally for each year from 2009 to 2018, for each region, and for 14 select markets, enabling executives to fully understand market dynamics and determine the most effective strategies for specific years and geographic locations.
- The largest markets in terms of handset and smartphone unit sell through as well as the forecast growth trends through 2018 for these countries are revealed, elucidating the shifting market dynamics across the forecast period and giving companies a more targeted and informed way to approach investments and operations in the handset industry.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vkxfvk/research_in
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 699
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,025
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 5,902
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 6,191
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 3,315
Feb. 20, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 4,502
Feb. 20, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 902
Feb. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,330
Feb. 20, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,500
Feb. 20, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 8,230
Feb. 20, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,000
Feb. 20, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 839
Feb. 20, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 549
Feb. 20, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,283
Feb. 20, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 3,918