|By Business Wire||
|July 17, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
Bluehost, an Endurance International Group (NASDAQ:EIGI) brand and leading provider of cloud-based solutions that helps small and medium-sized businesses succeed online, today announced that James Grierson, Bluehost’s Chief Operating Officer, and Ray Henderson, Executive Director of Grassroots.org, will keynote O’Reilly OSCON 2014 in Portland, Oregon, Tuesday, July 22. The topic, “Making a Difference Through Open Source”, will focus on open source technology and volunteers working together to expand the reach of nonprofit entities.
Bluehost partners with Grassroots.org as part of an ongoing initiative to make it easier for nonprofits to get online and share their messages with the world. According to a study by eMarketer, 70% of millennials say that “online” is their preferred method for donating to a nonprofit – making a web presence a critical element to their success. Bluehost currently offers free shared hosting packages, including unlimited emails, to all nonprofits that are members of Grassroots.org and who are Silver or Gold Guidestar seal holders.
Grierson commented, “Many of the services we provide are built using open source technology, and this is one way we can give back to the community. Providing a non-profit entity with free website hosting and easy access to open source tools empowers them to share their message with the world.”
"OSCON brings the open source community together, and now Bluehost brings their solutions to a much broader audience, especially non-profits. It's great to see them working with Grassroots.org and open source projects to make the world a better place," stated Simon St. Laurent, OSCON Chair and Strategic Content Director for O'Reilly Media.
In addition to Tuesday’s keynote, Bluehost will be offering a myriad of channels to help non-profits and other small businesses succeed online with web hosting and other online services, including:
- Special gift to all attendees – each attendee to Tuesday’s keynote will receive one year of free shared hosting from Bluehost. The speech will also be available via the live feed: oscon.com/live.
- VPS hosting giveaway – Bluehost will award a few select winners one year of free VPS hosting to help get their project or nonprofit off the ground. To apply, check your attendee bag and return the completed flyer to Booth 501 during the conference.
- Bluehost and Endurance brand partner network showcase – As part of their ongoing commitment to open source, Bluehost has invited several key open source partners to the event, including WordPress, phpBB, SaltStack, Concrete5, and Freeside. The partners will share a booth with Bluehost and Endurance brand MOJO Marketplace, giving OSCON attendees the opportunity to engage with these open source partners directly.
"I really believe that our Bluehost partnership will become a model for how corporations can engage and assist the nonprofit sector in positive ways. The partnership offers tremendous value in helping charities with budget constraints. When a small or medium sized nonprofit adds the latest technology, like a responsive website, mobility, social media, or access to 24/7 technical support, for example, to their marketing and public relations mix, it strengthens their capacity and provides a new platform for attracting volunteers, donors and clients," said Henderson.
OSCON 2014 activities include:
- “Making a Difference Through Open Source” keynote speech with James Grierson and Ray Henderson – Tuesday 9:20am
- Interview with Endurance CIO John Mone – Tuesday 2:00pm
- Perl Web Development with CGI::Ex::App session with James Lance, Developer – Team Architect, Bluehost – Wednesday 1:40pm
- Modernizing your Cloud with Software Collections session with Doran Barton, Senior Developer – Billing, Bluehost – Wednesday 2:30pm
- Ongoing ping pong matches – tournament beginning Wednesday
To learn more about Bluehost’s partnership with Grassroots.org, watch this video.
Bluehost, part of the Endurance International Group, is a leading provider of cloud-based solutions, including web hosting services, eCommerce tools, marketing applications, and more. Built on open source, Bluehost designs and operates its own servers, develops innovative new internet technologies, and actively supports and participates in the open source community. For more information, visit www.bluehost.com.
About Endurance International Group
Endurance International Group is a leading provider of cloud-based platform solutions designed to help small and medium-sized businesses succeed online. Endurance serves over 3.6 million subscribers through a family of brands that includes Bluehost, HostGator, Domain.com, FatCow, iPage, BigRock, ResellerClub and MOJO Marketplace. Endurance is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, has a presence in Asia and the Americas, and employs over 2,600 people. Endurance provides a comprehensive suite of over 150 products and services that includes web presence and mobile sites, email and eCommerce solutions, as well as more advanced offerings, such as SEO services, scalable computing, security, storage and backup, online marketing and productivity solutions. For more information, visit www.endurance.com.
Bluehost is a registered trademark of Bluehost, Inc. Endurance International Group is a trademark of The Endurance International Group, Inc. Other brand names of Endurance International are trademarks of The Endurance International Group, Inc. or its subsidiaries.
May. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,714
May. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,442
May. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,308
May. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,586
May. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,052
May. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,646
May. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,033
May. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,966
May. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,980
May. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,683
May. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,451
May. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 629
May. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 730
May. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,439
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 29, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,288