|By Marketwired .||
|July 22, 2014 06:05 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/22/14 -- Alpine Data Labs announced today the introduction of Alpine Chorus 4.0, the industry's first Advanced Analytics enterprise platform that enables universal data discovery and search, bi-directional integration between Hadoop and all major data platforms, as well as compatibility with Spark and Cloudera 5.
Alpine Chorus 4.0 brings innovation in data discovery, query parallelization and machine learning in distributed environments. The company also introduces the first of its kind life cycle management facility for Hadoop and non-Hadoop platforms which allows for sophisticated machine learning algorithms to be run and managed simply across heterogeneous data systems such as Cloudera, MapR, Pivotal HD or databases like PostGreSQL, Oracle and Greenplum. Complimentary access to Alpine Chorus 4.0 can be found at http://start.alpinenow.com
The Network Effect of Insights
"Research shows that only 4% of enterprises get business value out of their Big Data investment," says Joe Otto, President and CEO at Alpine Data Labs. "The current industry solutions encourage a siloed and non-scalable approach to Big Data and that simply limits progress. We focus on building the most comprehensive and scalable platform that enterprises can use to achieve Big Data ROI and to better connect people, data and insights. From helping people quickly visualize and work with any data, to running models 100 times faster on Spark, to operationalizing the deployment of real-time models via standards like PMML, customers using Alpine Chorus innovate faster because they can easily run deep algorithms at Big Data scale and in a timeframe of business relevance."
The new solution boasts over 100 new features and furthers the company's advantage in the field of Advanced Analytics. With Alpine Chorus 4.0, data scientists and engineers can be productive on any data -- Hadoop or not; business users are engaged early and quickly add value to the advanced analytics conversation; and finally, executives rely on a standard platform to build repeatable, secure and reusable analytical practices.
Over the last 6 months alone, the company has tripled its customer base and has grown by over 200% in the financial services, online media, government, retail and manufacturing sectors.
Data Discovery Made Simple
Most organizations cut into their competitive advantage early in the analytical process because their data scientists can't easily discover, assemble and transform data before working with it. That process can take months, because moving data is not simple and when it comes to working with Hadoop data, new skill sets need to be acquired.
Alpine Chorus 4.0's universal data discovery capability allows users to search, find and use data regardless of where it is. Using Alpine Chorus' "Google-like" search, users can find and browse any file, model, workflow, comment, dataset, etc. -- and when data is found, they can visualize it through powerful heat maps, scatter plots and histograms, all without data movement.
"This functionality alone made our team more effective. It allowed us to assemble and understand data quickly, without the complexity of working with MapReduce, or Pig or SQL," says Ron Rasmussen, CTO & SVP Engineering at Xactly Corp. "Our ability to work rapidly and iterate at Big Data scale is core to helping us deliver the best products to our customers."
Big Data Analytics at the Speed of Business
"Removing Hadoop's complexity will give any company a head start, but it's not enough," says Steven Hillion, co-founder and Chief Product Officer at Alpine Data Labs. "Once enterprises have identified the data they want to work with, they need to interrogate it without being encumbered by performance issues."
In this new release, the company unveils its Parallel Analytics Engine, a virtual layer that now executes all of Alpine Chorus' algorithms with multiple levels of parallelism. This includes the Workflow Graph Optimizer, which parses analytics workloads and deploys them in parallel to maximize the use of available resources; and the Polymorphic Data Service, which decides at run-time how to optimize queries for each type of data platform. These innovations, unique to Alpine Data Labs, represent the most efficient way to run sophisticated machine learning algorithms on a variety of distributed systems. They also made it possible for Alpine Chorus 4.0 to be the first Advanced Analytics platform to be certified on CDH5 and Spark, benchmarked running complex algorithms at up to a hundred times faster than previously possible.
"With Alpine Chorus 4.0 customers can work on important analytical issues at Big Data speed and keep the business engaged because of the solution's visual, powerful and collaborative approach," says Amr Awadallah, Founder and CTO at Cloudera. "Alpine Chorus is a showcase for analytics innovation in the Big Data Era and we're excited that it features the power of Cloudera 5."
The Internet of People
"The key to analytical excellence is collaboration," says Dan Vesset, Vice President of IDC's Business Analytics research. "Collaboration often gets a bad name because it sounds too abstract. However, our research shows that effective cross-enterprise collaboration has a determinant role in helping Big Data projects succeed and return value. Alpine Data Labs is leading the way here."
The new features in Alpine Chorus 4.0 make the benefits of collaboration very tangible:
- Data scientists can tap into the innovation of their business counterparts at every point in the analytics process through user-generated data: comments, tags, links and documents applied to models, workflows, datasets and sandboxes.
- Business Analysts can easily and visually understand data science work through collaborative analytics workspaces, communicating and iterating in real-time, increasing the value and confidence of their analysis.
- Data and IT engineers rely on Github-like version control features, job scheduling and data management capabilities and can operationalize Big Data Analytics in a secure and consistent manner.
- Executives benefit from a platform that is innovative, open and secure because all interactions in Alpine Chorus are recorded and auditable.
Alpine Chorus 4.0 rests on key new technological breakthroughs:
1) Visualize Before You Analyze: Universal Search, Interactive Visualizations and Data Augmentation add a layer of understanding on top of any data.
2) Transform and Query Without Extraction: Alpine Chorus comprehensive library of transformation operators -- from simple filters, to variable, null-value replacement operators to pivot, multi-join and normalization functions -- are accessible via sql editor or visual, drag and drop icons. All of Alpine Chorus operators run in place and in parallel.
3) Manage Data In and Out of Hadoop: data can be sent to Hadoop for building Big Data Lakes and out of Hadoop to write the results of large-scale computation done on Big Data to operational systems.
4) Do Predictive Analytics Natively on Big Data: All of Alpine Chorus are written and optimized to execute in parallel, making analysis at Big Data speed a reality.
5) Work With the Latest Innovations: Embraces Data Science standards for real-time scoring (PMML), as well as supports and contributes to open source platform technologies (Spark, Sqoop, Madlib, MLlib, etc). First Advanced Analytics platform to be certified on Spark and Cloudera CDH 5.
6) Extend and Productionize Models: Alpine Chorus REST API available to run, and edit run user defined functions (UDFs) as part of an end-to-end analytic workflow.
7) Manage the Analytics Full-Life Cycle: Github-like Version Control (copy workflow, history capture, revert capability), Check-in, commenting, model review and tracking, Job Scheduling, Data management.
For more, try Alpine for free @ http://start.alpinenow.com
ABOUT ALPINE DATA LABS
Alpine Chorus is the world's first Enterprise Platform for Advanced Analytics on Big Data and Hadoop. With Alpine, data scientists and business analysts can work with large data sets, develop and collaborate on models at scale without having to use code or download software. Leaders in all industries, from Financial Services to Healthcare, use Alpine to outsmart their competition. Maybe you should too. Find out more at: www.alpinenow.com
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2643012
Alpine Data Labs
"This is specifically designed to accommodate some of the needs for high availability and failover in a network managed system for the major Korean corporations," stated Thomas Masters, Managing Director at InfranicsUSA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 257
Dec. 8, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 499
Dec. 8, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 902
Dec. 8, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 970
Dec. 8, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,175
Dec. 8, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 171
Dec. 8, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 745
Dec. 8, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 776
Dec. 8, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,177
Dec. 8, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 724
Dec. 8, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 473
Dec. 8, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,185
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,235
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 8, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,741
"Venafi has a platform that allows you to manage, centralize and automate the complete life cycle of keys and certificates within the organization," explained Gina Osmond, Sr. Field Marketing Manager at Venafi, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,127