|By Business Wire||
|July 22, 2014 09:29 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wj94c7/good_food_and) has announced the addition of the "Good Food and Drink and Connected Technology, 2014-2019: A Case Study for the Future of Retailing" report to their offering.
Veteran industry analysts David Strom and Ira Brodsky explains how restaurant chains will prosper in today's digital world by getting the most out of connected technology. The report describes how the top restaurant chains are using connected technology to drive sales, promote their brands, engage customers, and provide superior dining experiences. The best (and worst) practices in restaurant websites, social media, mobile apps, online and mobile ordering, and mobile payments are described and dissected.
- Restaurant Chains' Mobile and Online Revenue Will Triple Within Five Years
- Retailing Increasingly Demands Dual Online and Physical Presence, Integrated Marketing
- You can't download your dinner, but you will order food, pay checks, and do much more with your smartphone.
The new study takes an in-depth look at how restaurant chains are using websites, social media, mobile apps, and self-service tablets to deliver superior customer experiences. The report examines dozens of the top restaurant chains, identifying some of the best and worst examples of how they are using consumer-facing connected technology. The authors make specific recommendations about using digital marketing tools to increase sales, customer retention, and operating efficiency.
Additional conclusions contained in the report include:
- Consumer-facing connected technology is taking off in the restaurant chain business. Revenue from online ordering, digital gift and loyalty cards, and mobile payments will soar to $90 billion by 2019. No retailer can afford to ignore this trend.
- The report shows how restaurant chains can improve the information content, functionality, and overall quality of their websites. For instance, responsive web designs enable access from a wide variety of devices. However, restaurant chains must never lose sight of the fact that the best measure of their website is how well it promotes their food and dining experiences.
- Social media is a powerful new channel for interactive advertising and market research. The report explains how restaurant chains can achieve greater success by better allocating social media resources, monitoring how people respond, and fine-tuning their social media programs.
- Most restaurant chain mobile apps don't work reliably and merely duplicate information and features found on the restaurants' websites. The report points the way to mobile apps that are better designed, tested, and maintained.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. The Restaurant Chain Business & Connected Technology
3. Restaurant Websites
4. Restaurant Chains and Social Media Engagement
5. Restaurant Chain Mobile Apps
6. Restaurant Chain Use of Interactive Digital Technology
7. Technology Solution Providers
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wj94c7/good_food_and
Apr. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,693
Apr. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,436
Apr. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,055
Apr. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,513
Apr. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 647
Apr. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,098
Apr. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,677
Apr. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 940
Apr. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 953
Apr. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 441
Apr. 30, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 824
Apr. 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 895
Apr. 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,273
Apr. 30, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 938
Apr. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,451