|By Marketwired .||
|July 22, 2014 10:58 AM EDT||
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/22/14 -- The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) is pleased to announce the agenda for its 11th Annual Storage Developer Conference (SDC). After receiving a record-breaking number of presentation submissions, SDC's agenda is now available online.
Scheduled for September 15-18, 2014 in Santa Clara, CA., SDC is expected to attract more than 400 developers, technical professionals, and engineers from the worldwide storage community, and is again co-located with SMB2/SMB3, iSCSI, and Cloud Plugfests. Attendees will share best practices and learn about leading storage development topics including file systems, solid state, open source, OpenStack storage, software defined storage, big data, Internet of Things, cloud storage, object storage, SMB2/3, NFS, long-term preservation, RDMA, storage hardware, developer tools, storage networking, security, and more.
The SDC agenda includes more than 90 breakout sessions, including:
- "Finding the Right Open Source Storage," Ric Wheeler, Director of Red Hat Storage Engineering, Red Hat
- "Stratus to Cirrus: Avoiding Nose-Bleeds During Upgrades of Cloud Storage Systems," Tom Cocagne, Senior Software Developer, Cleversafe
- "Delivering Standards Based SDS Framework with Openstack SDS Controller Implemention," Anjaneya Chagam, Principal Engineer, Intel
- "BigData Trends and HDFS Evolution," Sanjay Radia, Architect / Founder, Hortonworks and Suresh Srinivas, Architect / Founder, Hortonworks
- "Advanced Barium Ferrite Tape Technologies," Osamu Shimizu, Research Engineer, FUJIFILM Corporation and Hitoshi Noguchi, General Manager, FUJIFILM Corporation
SDC will also feature keynotes from influential presenters including:
- John Ousterhout, Founder and Chair of Electric Cloud; Professor, Stanford University
- Greg Scott, Chief Cloud Storage Strategist, Intel
- Bob Brennan, Senior Vice President, Samsung
- Molly Rector, Executive Vice President, Product Management, DataDirect Networks
Early Bird Registration is now open for SDC. Registering before August 15th saves $300 on registration. There are also discounts available for groups and academics -- find details at http://www.snia.org/events/storage-developer/registration.
Qualified members of the press, media, and analyst community are also invited and encouraged to apply for complimentary attendance via http://www.snia.org/events/storage-developer/press-pass.
About the SNIA
The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) is a not-for-profit global organization, made up of member companies spanning the global storage market. SNIA's mission is to lead the storage industry worldwide in developing and promoting standards, technologies, and educational services to empower organizations in the management of information. To this end, the SNIA is uniquely committed to delivering standards, education, and services that will propel open storage networking solutions into the broader market. For more information, visit www.snia.org.
Follow Storage Developer Conference at:
- Web: www.storagedeveloper.org
- Twitter: @SDConference
- LinkedIn: www.snia.org/LinkedIn
- Facebook: www.facebook.org/snia.org
Dan La Russo
Ogilvy Public Relations for the SNIA
Email: [email protected]
Feb. 25, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,854
Feb. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 9,310
Feb. 25, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 9,120
Feb. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,935
Feb. 25, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,715
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 13,552
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 11,323
Feb. 25, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,913
Feb. 25, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 523
Feb. 25, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,807
Feb. 25, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 8,822
Feb. 25, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,688
Feb. 25, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,938
Feb. 25, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,394
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 25, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,174