|By Marketwired .||
|July 22, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
IRVINE, CA--(Marketwired - July 22, 2014) - Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba - www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced that its VIPedge® cloud-based business telephone solution has won a 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award from TMC, a global, integrated media company.
Presented by TMC's Cloud Computing magazine, the Cloud Computing Excellence Award recognizes companies that have most effectively leveraged cloud computing in their efforts to bring new, differentiated offerings to market. The winners of the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award will be published in Cloud Computing magazine.
"TMC is proud to announce Toshiba's VIPedge as a recipient of the Fourth Annual Cloud Computing Excellence Award," said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. "Toshiba is honored for its achievement in bringing innovation and excellence to the market while leveraging the latest technology trends."
"We are honored to receive the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award for our VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. "VIPedge gives users the features, functionality, quality, service and reliability for which Toshiba's telephone systems are known, all in the cloud."
Toshiba's VIPedge gives users the advantages of Toshiba's IPedge® business telephone system in the cloud without needing to purchase an entire telephone system. VIPedge allows companies to pay a monthly service fee -- scalable to meet system size and usage needs -- as an alternative to the capital purchase of an on-premises telephone system. Competitively priced, VIPedge accommodates up to 500 users in single or multi-site deployments.
VIPedge Delivers an Easy Migration to Toshiba's IPedge
Businesses that start with the VIPedge service can easily migrate to IPedge systems in the future as their needs change. This enables businesses to retain their investments in Toshiba telephones and endpoints and to continue to use the same familiar features and applications.
Easy Expansion to a Hybrid Cloud Solution
VIPedge locations can network with Toshiba's on-premises solutions, IPedge and Strata® CIX™, for a hybrid cloud and on-premises networked solution.
VIPedge features include:
- Complete business telephone features, including placing a call on hold and picking it up from another phone as well as pressing a button on a phone to put the system into night mode. Many competitive cloud telephone solutions do not have the enterprise-quality telephony features that Toshiba offers.
- Voice mail with unified messaging
- Call Manager Desktop for Windows® has enhanced XMPP server integration and instant messaging so that it can communicate directly with Toshiba's Call Manager Mobile. Users will receive messages on both the Desktop and Mobile versions simultaneously, no matter where they are.
- Call Manager features include:
- Efficient call control from a personal computer;
- Click-to-dial, presence and instant messaging;
- Integration with leading CRM programs, including Salesforce.com®, Act!®, Microsoft Outlook®;
- Single and group Instant Messaging for quick online communication;
- Enhanced Presence features that help users quickly find each other; and more.
- Mobility solutions including:
- Call Manager Mobile, which integrates Toshiba's IPMobility solution, providing single-number reach for both incoming and outgoing calls. This feature utilizes Toshiba's VIPedge follow-me feature, which gives users the option for either sequential or simultaneous ringing to the desk phone and mobile phone. For outgoing calls, IPMobility dials through the VIPedge, displaying the office number caller ID. Call Manager Mobile is available for Android™ and Apple® iPhone® running iOS® R5 or R6. With Call Manager Mobile, users are empowered to take their office calls and instant messages on their mobile phones just as if they were at their desks.
- Find-Me Follow-Me call routing, which forwards incoming calls to the office extension to any telephone number designated by the user, including mobile phones. If no answer, the call is routed back to business voice mailbox.
- Twinning, which enables simultaneous ringing on more than one telephone, such as a desk phone and a mobile phone or home phone.
- Choice of endpoints, including Toshiba's IP5000-series desk telephones, IP4100 wireless telephones, and Toshiba's Call Manager with integrated voice. Plus, users have the ability to personalize endpoints to meet their individual needs.
- Optional international calling plans.
Financial benefits of VIPedge include:
- A low, upfront cost, making it easy to get started while giving companies the ability to reduce capital expenditures;
- Monthly service costs that are a fraction of the purchase price of an on-premises system;
- Fixed monthly fees so companies can budget for their exact telecommunication costs;
- No long-term lock-in to an on-premises system and/or vendor;
- Software upgrades that are included in the monthly service fee, so there are no expenses for upgrades or software fixes;
- No PBX equipment obsolescence since VIPedge systems are always kept up-to-date in the cloud;
- Dynamically scalable cloud resources to add more users or applications as needed;
- System administration, which is included in the monthly service fee and eliminates the need for on-site system management; and
- Survivability, which is automatically included via the cloud.
Toshiba's VIPedge Exceeds BookPal's Communications Objectives
VIPedge received the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award in part due to its success story with BookPal LLC (www.Book-Pal.com), an Irvine, Calif-based enterprise book seller. BookPal serves the book needs of schools, businesses and government entities with a catalog of more than three million titles.
Installed by Authorized Toshiba Dealer smplsolutions (www.smplsolutions.com) of Lake Forest, Calif., the VIPedge system worked perfectly from day one. The installation was smooth and easy because the actual telephone system resides in the cloud and is managed and maintained by Toshiba.
BookPal relies on its Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution to help communicate with customers. VIPedge exceeds BookPal's communications objectives, which include enabling them to self-administrate the system, providing a reliable telephone solution, adding mobility, and reducing costs.
"With Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution, BookPal receives the benefits of a feature-rich on-premises telephone system with the low cost of a cloud solution from a trusted manufacturer with a reputation for exceptional system reliability and dealer service," said David Case, president of smplsolutions.
BookPal's new business telephone solution consists of:
- A VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supporting the company's Irvine headquarters;
- Toshiba's IP desk telephones;
- Toshiba's Call Manager unified communications;
- IPMobility for mobile integration with the VIPedge telephone solution;
- Find-Me Follow-Me mobile call routing to forward office calls to any other phone number;
- Unified Messaging, delivering a single inbox for email and voice messages; and
- Enterprise Manager for browser-based remote administration.
Bottom-line benefits include:
- Saving $3,000 per year by reducing maintenance costs;
- Processing more than 2,000 calls per month;
- Enabling BookPal's operations team to remotely make adds, changes and updates from virtually anywhere they have Internet coverage, reducing the need for costly on-site maintenance using Toshiba's browser-based Enterprise Manager;
- Improving communication with Call Manager Unified Communications and Unified Messaging applications;
- Providing a remote access solution for the Toshiba IP desk telephones, allowing employees to work from home;
- Enabling mobility with Toshiba's IPMobility application so users can make and receive office calls on their mobile phones;
- Ensuring important calls get through to the right person using Toshiba's Find-Me Follow-Me mobility feature that forwards office calls to any telephone number; and
- Delivering an affordable, feature-rich cloud telephony solution with exceptional reliability.
"Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone system has exceeded our expectations by providing a reliable, feature-rich communication solution that helped us save more than $3,000 annually," said Ketara Gadahn, director of Sales & Account Management for BookPal.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress, StartupCamp; Super Wi-Fi & Shared Spectrum Summit; SIP Trunking-Unified Communications Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo III; and more. For more information about TMC, visit www.tmcnet.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the four business units of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future", Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing "Growth Through Creativity and Innovation", and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit: www.telecom.toshiba.com
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
© 2014 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,339
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,956
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Aug. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,949
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 27, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,877
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 27, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 733
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 27, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 600
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 27, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 777
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 27, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 653
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,770
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,004
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,734
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Aug. 27, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,097
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 27, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,016
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,938
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,153