|By Marketwired .||
|July 22, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
IRVINE, CA--(Marketwired - July 22, 2014) - Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba - www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced that its VIPedge® cloud-based business telephone solution has won a 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award from TMC, a global, integrated media company.
Presented by TMC's Cloud Computing magazine, the Cloud Computing Excellence Award recognizes companies that have most effectively leveraged cloud computing in their efforts to bring new, differentiated offerings to market. The winners of the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award will be published in Cloud Computing magazine.
"TMC is proud to announce Toshiba's VIPedge as a recipient of the Fourth Annual Cloud Computing Excellence Award," said Rich Tehrani, CEO, TMC. "Toshiba is honored for its achievement in bringing innovation and excellence to the market while leveraging the latest technology trends."
"We are honored to receive the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award for our VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. "VIPedge gives users the features, functionality, quality, service and reliability for which Toshiba's telephone systems are known, all in the cloud."
Toshiba's VIPedge gives users the advantages of Toshiba's IPedge® business telephone system in the cloud without needing to purchase an entire telephone system. VIPedge allows companies to pay a monthly service fee -- scalable to meet system size and usage needs -- as an alternative to the capital purchase of an on-premises telephone system. Competitively priced, VIPedge accommodates up to 500 users in single or multi-site deployments.
VIPedge Delivers an Easy Migration to Toshiba's IPedge
Businesses that start with the VIPedge service can easily migrate to IPedge systems in the future as their needs change. This enables businesses to retain their investments in Toshiba telephones and endpoints and to continue to use the same familiar features and applications.
Easy Expansion to a Hybrid Cloud Solution
VIPedge locations can network with Toshiba's on-premises solutions, IPedge and Strata® CIX™, for a hybrid cloud and on-premises networked solution.
VIPedge features include:
- Complete business telephone features, including placing a call on hold and picking it up from another phone as well as pressing a button on a phone to put the system into night mode. Many competitive cloud telephone solutions do not have the enterprise-quality telephony features that Toshiba offers.
- Voice mail with unified messaging
- Call Manager Desktop for Windows® has enhanced XMPP server integration and instant messaging so that it can communicate directly with Toshiba's Call Manager Mobile. Users will receive messages on both the Desktop and Mobile versions simultaneously, no matter where they are.
- Call Manager features include:
- Efficient call control from a personal computer;
- Click-to-dial, presence and instant messaging;
- Integration with leading CRM programs, including Salesforce.com®, Act!®, Microsoft Outlook®;
- Single and group Instant Messaging for quick online communication;
- Enhanced Presence features that help users quickly find each other; and more.
- Mobility solutions including:
- Call Manager Mobile, which integrates Toshiba's IPMobility solution, providing single-number reach for both incoming and outgoing calls. This feature utilizes Toshiba's VIPedge follow-me feature, which gives users the option for either sequential or simultaneous ringing to the desk phone and mobile phone. For outgoing calls, IPMobility dials through the VIPedge, displaying the office number caller ID. Call Manager Mobile is available for Android™ and Apple® iPhone® running iOS® R5 or R6. With Call Manager Mobile, users are empowered to take their office calls and instant messages on their mobile phones just as if they were at their desks.
- Find-Me Follow-Me call routing, which forwards incoming calls to the office extension to any telephone number designated by the user, including mobile phones. If no answer, the call is routed back to business voice mailbox.
- Twinning, which enables simultaneous ringing on more than one telephone, such as a desk phone and a mobile phone or home phone.
- Choice of endpoints, including Toshiba's IP5000-series desk telephones, IP4100 wireless telephones, and Toshiba's Call Manager with integrated voice. Plus, users have the ability to personalize endpoints to meet their individual needs.
- Optional international calling plans.
Financial benefits of VIPedge include:
- A low, upfront cost, making it easy to get started while giving companies the ability to reduce capital expenditures;
- Monthly service costs that are a fraction of the purchase price of an on-premises system;
- Fixed monthly fees so companies can budget for their exact telecommunication costs;
- No long-term lock-in to an on-premises system and/or vendor;
- Software upgrades that are included in the monthly service fee, so there are no expenses for upgrades or software fixes;
- No PBX equipment obsolescence since VIPedge systems are always kept up-to-date in the cloud;
- Dynamically scalable cloud resources to add more users or applications as needed;
- System administration, which is included in the monthly service fee and eliminates the need for on-site system management; and
- Survivability, which is automatically included via the cloud.
Toshiba's VIPedge Exceeds BookPal's Communications Objectives
VIPedge received the 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award in part due to its success story with BookPal LLC (www.Book-Pal.com), an Irvine, Calif-based enterprise book seller. BookPal serves the book needs of schools, businesses and government entities with a catalog of more than three million titles.
Installed by Authorized Toshiba Dealer smplsolutions (www.smplsolutions.com) of Lake Forest, Calif., the VIPedge system worked perfectly from day one. The installation was smooth and easy because the actual telephone system resides in the cloud and is managed and maintained by Toshiba.
BookPal relies on its Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution to help communicate with customers. VIPedge exceeds BookPal's communications objectives, which include enabling them to self-administrate the system, providing a reliable telephone solution, adding mobility, and reducing costs.
"With Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution, BookPal receives the benefits of a feature-rich on-premises telephone system with the low cost of a cloud solution from a trusted manufacturer with a reputation for exceptional system reliability and dealer service," said David Case, president of smplsolutions.
BookPal's new business telephone solution consists of:
- A VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supporting the company's Irvine headquarters;
- Toshiba's IP desk telephones;
- Toshiba's Call Manager unified communications;
- IPMobility for mobile integration with the VIPedge telephone solution;
- Find-Me Follow-Me mobile call routing to forward office calls to any other phone number;
- Unified Messaging, delivering a single inbox for email and voice messages; and
- Enterprise Manager for browser-based remote administration.
Bottom-line benefits include:
- Saving $3,000 per year by reducing maintenance costs;
- Processing more than 2,000 calls per month;
- Enabling BookPal's operations team to remotely make adds, changes and updates from virtually anywhere they have Internet coverage, reducing the need for costly on-site maintenance using Toshiba's browser-based Enterprise Manager;
- Improving communication with Call Manager Unified Communications and Unified Messaging applications;
- Providing a remote access solution for the Toshiba IP desk telephones, allowing employees to work from home;
- Enabling mobility with Toshiba's IPMobility application so users can make and receive office calls on their mobile phones;
- Ensuring important calls get through to the right person using Toshiba's Find-Me Follow-Me mobility feature that forwards office calls to any telephone number; and
- Delivering an affordable, feature-rich cloud telephony solution with exceptional reliability.
"Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone system has exceeded our expectations by providing a reliable, feature-rich communication solution that helped us save more than $3,000 annually," said Ketara Gadahn, director of Sales & Account Management for BookPal.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress, StartupCamp; Super Wi-Fi & Shared Spectrum Summit; SIP Trunking-Unified Communications Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo III; and more. For more information about TMC, visit www.tmcnet.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the four business units of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future", Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing "Growth Through Creativity and Innovation", and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit: www.telecom.toshiba.com
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
© 2014 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 849
The Quantified Economy represents the total global addressable market (TAM) for IoT that, according to a recent IDC report, will grow to an unprecedented $1.3 trillion by 2019. With this the third wave of the Internet-global proliferation of connected devices, appliances and sensors is poised to take off in 2016. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David McLauchlan, CEO and co-founder of Buddy Platform, discussed how the ability to access and analyze the massive volume of streaming data from millio...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,062
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,527
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,495
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,324
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,300
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,497
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,473
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,716
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 959
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 884
DevOps theory promotes a culture of continuous improvement built on collaboration, empowerment, systems thinking, and feedback loops. But how do you collaborate effectively across the traditional silos? How can you make decisions without system-wide visibility? How can you see the whole system when it is spread across teams and locations? How do you close feedback loops across teams and activities delivering complex multi-tier, cloud, container, serverless, and/or API-based services?
Oct. 24, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,046
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 24, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,669
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,284
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 24, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,100