|By Business Wire||
|July 22, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
As part of its ongoing work to integrate with leading platforms serving independent registered investment advisors (RIAs), Schwab Intelligent Technologies™ announced today that Morningstar, Inc., a leading provider of independent investment research, will participate in Schwab OpenView GatewayTM, the flexible, open-architecture technology platform, enabling integration between Schwab systems and those of participating technology providers. The integration will make real-time custodial data from Charles Schwab available within Morningstar OfficeSM, a scalable, end-to-end practice and portfolio management platform that facilitates advanced research, performance reporting and secure client communications. This integration can help independent advisors make more informed investing decisions and provide better client service through improved efficiency in their practices.
“Morningstar Office is a popular solution among the advisors we serve, and we currently have more than 1,000 shared clients who could benefit from our new working relationship,” said Neesha Hathi, senior vice president, Advisor Technology Solutions, Schwab Advisor Services. “Working with Morningstar underscores our continued commitment to a flexible, open architecture technology platform for better business outcomes.”
In addition to offering an integrated technology platform for advisors, Morningstar provides a range of solutions for advisors, notably independent investment research, analytic tools, and investment management through its registered investment advisor subsidiaries. Currently, more than 2,000 independent advisors on Schwab’s platform use some facet of Morningstar’s technology and research offerings, highlighting the opportunity for wide scale integration between the companies.
“Our agreement allows Morningstar to deliver more value to independent RIAs,” Tricia Rothschild, head of global advisor solutions for Morningstar, said. “This integration helps make advisors’ practices more efficient by enabling custodial data to flow seamlessly into Morningstar Office.”
The two firms have been working together for some time with Morningstar providing Schwab’s RIA clients with seamless access to data, research, and insights through Morningstar Office and Advisor Workstation.
Continued Service and Technology Enhancements Keep Clients at Center of Advisor’s Business
Schwab also provided updates today on its Client Experience Transformed initiative and portfolio management solutions, both of which drive the delivery of an enhanced, personalized client experience.
- Streamlined, transparent and paperless service experience: After a successful pilot, Schwab announced the phased launch of new electronic approval tools. The new tools allow clients of advisors to easily and securely approve forms and wires on the go, leveraging platforms they already rely on -- Schwab Advisor Center®, Schwab Alliance and Schwab mobile apps. The new tools help advisors drive efficiency and deliver a better experience by streamlining paperwork, speeding up transaction processing, and delivering greater transparency on status.
- Next generation portfolio management: Schwab announced that Project PM2 will be in beta later this year and will be launched in 2015. Project PM2 will provide direct access to custodial data and advisors can create dashboards, reports and presentations rapidly, enabling them to easily uncover insights and share information with clients directly anytime, anywhere through one-step publishing.
"We knew that electronic approvals would be a significant change to how advisors and their clients conduct business, and we were thrilled when we started seeing strong adoption in terms of both transactions and new account creation,” said Hathi. “Undoubtedly, comprehensive training is key to the successful adoption of any new technology.”
Technologies That Work Together and Benefit the RIA and their clients
In addition to the Morningstar announcement, Schwab also provided details on a number of other integration updates for Schwab OpenView Gateway. They include:
- MoneyGuidePro®: The full integration with Gateway has now launched, enabling advisors to link client profile and account information back to MoneyGuidePro’s financial planning software system, saving advisors time on data entry and allowing them to create more precise snapshots of their assets and future investment scenarios within their financial plans.
- Naviplan® by Advicent: Integration with the Naviplan® financial planning tool is now available to independent advisors. This integration will allow advisors to directly transfer client profiles, accounts, holdings, balances and costs to increase the speed and accuracy of creating financial plans by reducing manual data entry.
- Salentica Inc.: Schwab initiated the second phase of integration of Salentica® CRM Advisor Edition with Schwab OpenView Gateway by incorporating Schwab Advisor Center’s move money and cost basis information. This increases data accessibility and enables seamless client service processing from within the Salentica CRM. The offering will be made generally available late July.
- Advisor Rebalancing® by Envestnet | Tamarac: Now in pilot with trade integration, Advisor Rebalancing allows advisors to submit trade files they produce directly to Schwab via Schwab OpenView Gateway, eliminating the export/import process and making it faster and easier. Additionally, Tamarac’s Advisor View™, for portfolio management, and Advisor CRM® are currently integrated and supported as part of Schwab OpenView Gateway.
- Junxure: Following Junxure’s comprehensive desktop integration with Gateway, Junxure and Schwab are moving into pilot with integration of Junxure’s cloud-based CRM solution, Junxure Cloud™.
“The continued evolution of added capabilities and integration with participants further enhances the technology solutions available to advisors, helping to not only improve client service, but to save time and drive efficiency,” said Hathi. “Combined with hands-on consultative guidance from Schwab on how to optimize this technology, advisors can be in a position to serve clients better, now and in the future.”
About Schwab Intelligent Technologies
Schwab Intelligent Integration is a multi-year initiative designed to increase integration between disparate systems and workflows in advisors’ offices. Schwab OpenView MarketSquare™, Schwab OpenView Gateway™ and the Schwab OpenView Workflow Library™ are products of Schwab Intelligent Technologies™. Participating providers in Schwab OpenView Gateway are Junxure, Microsoft, Salentica, salesforce.com, Tamarac, Advicent, MoneyGuidePro and Morningstar. More information about Schwab Intelligent Integration is available at www.schwabintelligenttechnologies.com.
About Charles Schwab
At Charles Schwab we believe in the power of investing to help individuals create a better tomorrow. We have a history of challenging the status quo in our industry, innovating in ways that benefit investors and the advisors and employers who serve them, and championing our clients’ goals with passion and integrity.
Through its operating subsidiaries, The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) provides a full range of securities brokerage, banking, money management and financial advisory services to individual investors and independent investment advisors. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC, www.sipc.org), and affiliates offer a complete range of investment services and products including an extensive selection of mutual funds; financial planning and investment advice; retirement plan and equity compensation plan services; compliance and trade monitoring solutions; referrals to independent fee-based investment advisors; and custodial, operational and trading support for independent, fee-based investment advisors through Schwab Advisor Services. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank (member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides banking and lending services and products. More information is available at www.schwab.com and www.aboutschwab.com.
Schwab Advisor Services™ includes the custody, trading, and support services of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("CS&Co"), and the technology products and services of Schwab Intelligent Technologies (SIT) and Schwab Performance Technologies (SPT). SIT, SPT, and CS&Co are separate companies affiliated as subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation, but their products and services are independent of each other. SIT and SPT's intelligent integration solutions integrate data from custodial accounts at CS&Co.
Unless indicated otherwise, third parties are independent and not affiliated with Schwab Intelligent Technologies™ (“SIT”) or its affiliates.
Independent investment advisors are not owned by, affiliated with or supervised by Schwab.
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,034
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 34,215
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,843
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,186
Oct. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,987
Oct. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 981
Oct. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 983
Oct. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 880
Oct. 25, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,708
Oct. 25, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,242
Oct. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,104
Oct. 25, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,375
Oct. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,543
Oct. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,119
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 312