|By Marketwired .||
|July 22, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/22/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In the digital economy, data fuels companies' ability to create new products and services. This proliferation of social channels, mobile devices, and sensor-enabled technologies, in conjunction with the unbundling of data from applications, creates new opportunities for innovative companies to gain competitive advantage through the use of data. Once limited to their internal data, enterprises can now gain valuable business insights by adding external data sources to enhance customer experience and operational efficiency. Today, Oracle announced it is combining its BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace and other Oracle data services to create Oracle Data Cloud, a platform that provides customers access to world-class data-as-a-service (DaaS) offerings, including Oracle Data as a Service for Marketing (Oracle DaaS for Marketing) and Oracle Data as a Service for Social (Oracle DaaS for Social).
- To help business users drive smarter, more informed decisions across the enterprise, Oracle today announced Oracle Data Cloud and two new DaaS offerings, Oracle DaaS for Marketing and Oracle DaaS for Social.
- Oracle Data Cloud is a DaaS platform that includes Oracle's leading data products and the newly acquired BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace, offering customers trusted solutions for leveraging external data for marketing and social.
- Oracle DaaS for Marketing, available in a new subscription model, gives marketers access to a vast and diverse array of anonymous user-level data across offline, online, and mobile data sources. Data is gathered from trusted and validated sources to support privacy and security compliance.
- Oracle DaaS for Social, now in limited availability, delivers categorization and enrichment of unstructured social and enterprise data, providing unprecedented intelligence on customers, competitors, and market trends.
- With the Oracle DaaS offerings, customers can connect and inform smarter actions across their enterprise with external data sources bundled with the commercial, compliance, and privacy rights required for usage. The combination of external and internal data sources can also be used for deeper analytics and modeling.
- ID and addressability mapping to link various customer attributes such as e-mail, social handles, phone numbers, third-party cookies, and mobile identifiers across channels to build a centralized actionable profile.
Oracle Data as a Service: More Data, More Insights
- Oracle DaaS offerings provide data ingestion, value extraction, rights management, and data activation services to drive enhanced insights for marketing, sales, and service teams.
- Additionally, Oracle DaaS offerings give enterprises enhanced flexibility, with the ability to plug into applications as well as into other Oracle Cloud platforms.
- Oracle DaaS for Marketing helps organizations enhance the cross-channel customer experience through targeted marketing engagement that unifies customer and audience intelligence across the enterprise
- With access to more than 1 billion profiles globally, Oracle DaaS for Marketing is the world's largest data marketplace. It gives organizations the ability to prospect at scale and deliver relevant ads and content across online, mobile, search, social, and video.
- Additionally, Oracle DaaS for Marketing gives marketers access to the industry's largest ecosystem of more than 300 data and activation partners for online, mobile, search, and social marketing action.
- Oracle DaaS for Social helps enterprises benefit from the vast pool of data generated across social platforms and enriches unstructured social and enterprise data. The insight Oracle DaaS for Social provides by applying its sophisticated text processing on raw text from public and private sources can be combined with other structured data to offer powerful business intelligence.
- Oracle DaaS for Social derives insights from more than 700 million social messages daily, across more than 40 million social media and news data sites.
- Oracle DaaS for Social applies powerful text analysis to extract the meaning and context of the content, empowering enterprises to take appropriate actions on insights from massive amounts of unstructured data.
- "Unbundling data from SaaS applications has enhanced a business user's ability to activate insights gleaned from external data sources, leading to more engaging and personalized customer experiences," said Omar Tawakol, general manager and group vice president, Oracle Data Cloud. "The Oracle Data Cloud brings together a best-in-class data platform with the world's largest data marketplace to drive smarter decisions for marketing and social, and it will eventually include other enterprise functions such as sales and service."
- "IDC sees data as a service as an emerging category that addresses the needs of businesses in real-time to tap into a wide array of external data sources and optimize the results to drive unique insights and informed action," said Robert Mahowald, vice president, SaaS & Cloud Software, IDC. "Oracle Data as a Service is addressing this need with a suite of data solutions that focus on scale, data portability, and security that help customers gain a competitive advantage through the use of data."
- "With Oracle's comprehensive and distinctive framework of data ingestion, value extraction, rights management, and data activation, Oracle Data Cloud can help enterprises across multiple industries and channels generate competitive advantage through the use of data," said Tom Pringle, practice leader for Information Management, Ovum.
- "With the proliferation of devices and new technologies, businesses have their hands on an immeasurable amount of data. At Datalogix, we understand the power this information has in delivering meaningful results for marketers and how to leverage this power of purchase-based audience targeting to drive measurable online and offline sales," said Eric Roza, chief executive officer, Datalogix. "Together, with Oracle Data Cloud, we're bringing real targeting and accountability into the digital space."
- "Data will continue to be the currency of the internet, and we've only scratched the surface of what is possible in data-driven marketing. We look forward to our continued relationship with Oracle and their data services for marketing to help our clients target anything, measure everything -- and most importantly, power a better internet," said Jeff Green, CEO, The Trade Desk.
- "Our clients are faced with massive amounts of data in traditional CRM, digital and social channels and it is our mission to guide them in finding unique insights across this sea of structured and unstructured worlds of data," said Jason Kodish, senior vice president of Strategy and Analysis at DigitasLBi. "Oracle Data as a Service allows one to manage the complexity of data adoption and provides key solutions to inform today's businesses."
- Data-as-a-Service: the Next Step in the As-a-service Journey
- Forrester Navigating the New Data Market Landscape
- Data As A Service: Get More Data Value Without All The Headaches
- Oracle Data as a Service for Business
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2643236
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Aug. 28, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 283
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of ...
Aug. 28, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 153
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 306
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 28, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 451
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 28, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 403
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 167
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 812
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
WSM International, the pioneer and leader in server migration services, has announced an agreement with WHOA.com, a leader in providing secure public, private and hybrid cloud computing services. Under terms of the agreement, WSM will provide migration services to WHOA.com customers to relocate some or all of their applications, digital assets, and other computing workloads to WHOA.com enterprise-class, secure cloud infrastructure. The migration services include detailed evaluation and planning...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:01 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 28, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 408
A producer of the first smartphones and tablets, presenter Lee M. Williams will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, COO of ETwater, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ET...
Aug. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 113
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 144
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 189