|By Marketwired .||
|July 22, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/22/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In the digital economy, data fuels companies' ability to create new products and services. This proliferation of social channels, mobile devices, and sensor-enabled technologies, in conjunction with the unbundling of data from applications, creates new opportunities for innovative companies to gain competitive advantage through the use of data. Once limited to their internal data, enterprises can now gain valuable business insights by adding external data sources to enhance customer experience and operational efficiency. Today, Oracle announced it is combining its BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace and other Oracle data services to create Oracle Data Cloud, a platform that provides customers access to world-class data-as-a-service (DaaS) offerings, including Oracle Data as a Service for Marketing (Oracle DaaS for Marketing) and Oracle Data as a Service for Social (Oracle DaaS for Social).
- To help business users drive smarter, more informed decisions across the enterprise, Oracle today announced Oracle Data Cloud and two new DaaS offerings, Oracle DaaS for Marketing and Oracle DaaS for Social.
- Oracle Data Cloud is a DaaS platform that includes Oracle's leading data products and the newly acquired BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace, offering customers trusted solutions for leveraging external data for marketing and social.
- Oracle DaaS for Marketing, available in a new subscription model, gives marketers access to a vast and diverse array of anonymous user-level data across offline, online, and mobile data sources. Data is gathered from trusted and validated sources to support privacy and security compliance.
- Oracle DaaS for Social, now in limited availability, delivers categorization and enrichment of unstructured social and enterprise data, providing unprecedented intelligence on customers, competitors, and market trends.
- With the Oracle DaaS offerings, customers can connect and inform smarter actions across their enterprise with external data sources bundled with the commercial, compliance, and privacy rights required for usage. The combination of external and internal data sources can also be used for deeper analytics and modeling.
- ID and addressability mapping to link various customer attributes such as e-mail, social handles, phone numbers, third-party cookies, and mobile identifiers across channels to build a centralized actionable profile.
Oracle Data as a Service: More Data, More Insights
- Oracle DaaS offerings provide data ingestion, value extraction, rights management, and data activation services to drive enhanced insights for marketing, sales, and service teams.
- Additionally, Oracle DaaS offerings give enterprises enhanced flexibility, with the ability to plug into applications as well as into other Oracle Cloud platforms.
- Oracle DaaS for Marketing helps organizations enhance the cross-channel customer experience through targeted marketing engagement that unifies customer and audience intelligence across the enterprise
- With access to more than 1 billion profiles globally, Oracle DaaS for Marketing is the world's largest data marketplace. It gives organizations the ability to prospect at scale and deliver relevant ads and content across online, mobile, search, social, and video.
- Additionally, Oracle DaaS for Marketing gives marketers access to the industry's largest ecosystem of more than 300 data and activation partners for online, mobile, search, and social marketing action.
- Oracle DaaS for Social helps enterprises benefit from the vast pool of data generated across social platforms and enriches unstructured social and enterprise data. The insight Oracle DaaS for Social provides by applying its sophisticated text processing on raw text from public and private sources can be combined with other structured data to offer powerful business intelligence.
- Oracle DaaS for Social derives insights from more than 700 million social messages daily, across more than 40 million social media and news data sites.
- Oracle DaaS for Social applies powerful text analysis to extract the meaning and context of the content, empowering enterprises to take appropriate actions on insights from massive amounts of unstructured data.
- "Unbundling data from SaaS applications has enhanced a business user's ability to activate insights gleaned from external data sources, leading to more engaging and personalized customer experiences," said Omar Tawakol, general manager and group vice president, Oracle Data Cloud. "The Oracle Data Cloud brings together a best-in-class data platform with the world's largest data marketplace to drive smarter decisions for marketing and social, and it will eventually include other enterprise functions such as sales and service."
- "IDC sees data as a service as an emerging category that addresses the needs of businesses in real-time to tap into a wide array of external data sources and optimize the results to drive unique insights and informed action," said Robert Mahowald, vice president, SaaS & Cloud Software, IDC. "Oracle Data as a Service is addressing this need with a suite of data solutions that focus on scale, data portability, and security that help customers gain a competitive advantage through the use of data."
- "With Oracle's comprehensive and distinctive framework of data ingestion, value extraction, rights management, and data activation, Oracle Data Cloud can help enterprises across multiple industries and channels generate competitive advantage through the use of data," said Tom Pringle, practice leader for Information Management, Ovum.
- "With the proliferation of devices and new technologies, businesses have their hands on an immeasurable amount of data. At Datalogix, we understand the power this information has in delivering meaningful results for marketers and how to leverage this power of purchase-based audience targeting to drive measurable online and offline sales," said Eric Roza, chief executive officer, Datalogix. "Together, with Oracle Data Cloud, we're bringing real targeting and accountability into the digital space."
- "Data will continue to be the currency of the internet, and we've only scratched the surface of what is possible in data-driven marketing. We look forward to our continued relationship with Oracle and their data services for marketing to help our clients target anything, measure everything -- and most importantly, power a better internet," said Jeff Green, CEO, The Trade Desk.
- "Our clients are faced with massive amounts of data in traditional CRM, digital and social channels and it is our mission to guide them in finding unique insights across this sea of structured and unstructured worlds of data," said Jason Kodish, senior vice president of Strategy and Analysis at DigitasLBi. "Oracle Data as a Service allows one to manage the complexity of data adoption and provides key solutions to inform today's businesses."
- Data-as-a-Service: the Next Step in the As-a-service Journey
- Forrester Navigating the New Data Market Landscape
- Data As A Service: Get More Data Value Without All The Headaches
- Oracle Data as a Service for Business
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2643236
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 175
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 7, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 143
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 326
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 336
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 7, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 117
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 7, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 336
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 7, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 144
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 7, 2016 10:15 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 7, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 343
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 7, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 140
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., focused on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what do...
Feb. 7, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 197
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 7, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 108
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 714
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 6, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 359
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Feb. 6, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 685