|By Marketwired .||
|July 22, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/22/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In the digital economy, data fuels companies' ability to create new products and services. This proliferation of social channels, mobile devices, and sensor-enabled technologies, in conjunction with the unbundling of data from applications, creates new opportunities for innovative companies to gain competitive advantage through the use of data. Once limited to their internal data, enterprises can now gain valuable business insights by adding external data sources to enhance customer experience and operational efficiency. Today, Oracle announced it is combining its BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace and other Oracle data services to create Oracle Data Cloud, a platform that provides customers access to world-class data-as-a-service (DaaS) offerings, including Oracle Data as a Service for Marketing (Oracle DaaS for Marketing) and Oracle Data as a Service for Social (Oracle DaaS for Social).
- To help business users drive smarter, more informed decisions across the enterprise, Oracle today announced Oracle Data Cloud and two new DaaS offerings, Oracle DaaS for Marketing and Oracle DaaS for Social.
- Oracle Data Cloud is a DaaS platform that includes Oracle's leading data products and the newly acquired BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace, offering customers trusted solutions for leveraging external data for marketing and social.
- Oracle DaaS for Marketing, available in a new subscription model, gives marketers access to a vast and diverse array of anonymous user-level data across offline, online, and mobile data sources. Data is gathered from trusted and validated sources to support privacy and security compliance.
- Oracle DaaS for Social, now in limited availability, delivers categorization and enrichment of unstructured social and enterprise data, providing unprecedented intelligence on customers, competitors, and market trends.
- With the Oracle DaaS offerings, customers can connect and inform smarter actions across their enterprise with external data sources bundled with the commercial, compliance, and privacy rights required for usage. The combination of external and internal data sources can also be used for deeper analytics and modeling.
- ID and addressability mapping to link various customer attributes such as e-mail, social handles, phone numbers, third-party cookies, and mobile identifiers across channels to build a centralized actionable profile.
Oracle Data as a Service: More Data, More Insights
- Oracle DaaS offerings provide data ingestion, value extraction, rights management, and data activation services to drive enhanced insights for marketing, sales, and service teams.
- Additionally, Oracle DaaS offerings give enterprises enhanced flexibility, with the ability to plug into applications as well as into other Oracle Cloud platforms.
- Oracle DaaS for Marketing helps organizations enhance the cross-channel customer experience through targeted marketing engagement that unifies customer and audience intelligence across the enterprise
- With access to more than 1 billion profiles globally, Oracle DaaS for Marketing is the world's largest data marketplace. It gives organizations the ability to prospect at scale and deliver relevant ads and content across online, mobile, search, social, and video.
- Additionally, Oracle DaaS for Marketing gives marketers access to the industry's largest ecosystem of more than 300 data and activation partners for online, mobile, search, and social marketing action.
- Oracle DaaS for Social helps enterprises benefit from the vast pool of data generated across social platforms and enriches unstructured social and enterprise data. The insight Oracle DaaS for Social provides by applying its sophisticated text processing on raw text from public and private sources can be combined with other structured data to offer powerful business intelligence.
- Oracle DaaS for Social derives insights from more than 700 million social messages daily, across more than 40 million social media and news data sites.
- Oracle DaaS for Social applies powerful text analysis to extract the meaning and context of the content, empowering enterprises to take appropriate actions on insights from massive amounts of unstructured data.
- "Unbundling data from SaaS applications has enhanced a business user's ability to activate insights gleaned from external data sources, leading to more engaging and personalized customer experiences," said Omar Tawakol, general manager and group vice president, Oracle Data Cloud. "The Oracle Data Cloud brings together a best-in-class data platform with the world's largest data marketplace to drive smarter decisions for marketing and social, and it will eventually include other enterprise functions such as sales and service."
- "IDC sees data as a service as an emerging category that addresses the needs of businesses in real-time to tap into a wide array of external data sources and optimize the results to drive unique insights and informed action," said Robert Mahowald, vice president, SaaS & Cloud Software, IDC. "Oracle Data as a Service is addressing this need with a suite of data solutions that focus on scale, data portability, and security that help customers gain a competitive advantage through the use of data."
- "With Oracle's comprehensive and distinctive framework of data ingestion, value extraction, rights management, and data activation, Oracle Data Cloud can help enterprises across multiple industries and channels generate competitive advantage through the use of data," said Tom Pringle, practice leader for Information Management, Ovum.
- "With the proliferation of devices and new technologies, businesses have their hands on an immeasurable amount of data. At Datalogix, we understand the power this information has in delivering meaningful results for marketers and how to leverage this power of purchase-based audience targeting to drive measurable online and offline sales," said Eric Roza, chief executive officer, Datalogix. "Together, with Oracle Data Cloud, we're bringing real targeting and accountability into the digital space."
- "Data will continue to be the currency of the internet, and we've only scratched the surface of what is possible in data-driven marketing. We look forward to our continued relationship with Oracle and their data services for marketing to help our clients target anything, measure everything -- and most importantly, power a better internet," said Jeff Green, CEO, The Trade Desk.
- "Our clients are faced with massive amounts of data in traditional CRM, digital and social channels and it is our mission to guide them in finding unique insights across this sea of structured and unstructured worlds of data," said Jason Kodish, senior vice president of Strategy and Analysis at DigitasLBi. "Oracle Data as a Service allows one to manage the complexity of data adoption and provides key solutions to inform today's businesses."
- Data-as-a-Service: the Next Step in the As-a-service Journey
- Forrester Navigating the New Data Market Landscape
- Data As A Service: Get More Data Value Without All The Headaches
- Oracle Data as a Service for Business
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2643236
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 24, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 831
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 24, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 853
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,063
SYS-CON Events announced today the How to Create Angular 2 Clients for the Cloud Workshop, being held June 7, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified. Now it’s a component-based well-performing framework. The immersive one-day workshop led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and...
May. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,827
Customer experience has become a competitive differentiator for companies, and it’s imperative that brands seamlessly connect the customer journey across all platforms. With the continued explosion of IoT, join us for a look at how to build a winning digital foundation in the connected era – today and in the future. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Nguyen, Group Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how to successfully leverage mobile, rapidly deploy content, capture real-time d...
May. 24, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,344
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? How do you coordinate the diverse moving parts that must come together when developing your IoT product? What are the key challenges addressed by Data as a Service? How does cloud computing underlie and connect the notions of Digital and DevOps What is the impact of the API economy? What is the business imperative for Cognitive Computing? Get all these questions and hundreds more like them answered at the 18th Cloud Expo...
May. 24, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,038
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
May. 24, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 866
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 962
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, will provide an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life ...
May. 24, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,726
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 24, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 667
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 848
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City, and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world.
May. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,238
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, will explore the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences betwee...
May. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,432
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 686
SYS-CON Events announced today that 24Notion has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. 24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to con...
May. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,673