|By Marketwired .||
|July 22, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/22/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In the digital economy, data fuels companies' ability to create new products and services. This proliferation of social channels, mobile devices, and sensor-enabled technologies, in conjunction with the unbundling of data from applications, creates new opportunities for innovative companies to gain competitive advantage through the use of data. Once limited to their internal data, enterprises can now gain valuable business insights by adding external data sources to enhance customer experience and operational efficiency. Today, Oracle announced it is combining its BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace and other Oracle data services to create Oracle Data Cloud, a platform that provides customers access to world-class data-as-a-service (DaaS) offerings, including Oracle Data as a Service for Marketing (Oracle DaaS for Marketing) and Oracle Data as a Service for Social (Oracle DaaS for Social).
- To help business users drive smarter, more informed decisions across the enterprise, Oracle today announced Oracle Data Cloud and two new DaaS offerings, Oracle DaaS for Marketing and Oracle DaaS for Social.
- Oracle Data Cloud is a DaaS platform that includes Oracle's leading data products and the newly acquired BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace, offering customers trusted solutions for leveraging external data for marketing and social.
- Oracle DaaS for Marketing, available in a new subscription model, gives marketers access to a vast and diverse array of anonymous user-level data across offline, online, and mobile data sources. Data is gathered from trusted and validated sources to support privacy and security compliance.
- Oracle DaaS for Social, now in limited availability, delivers categorization and enrichment of unstructured social and enterprise data, providing unprecedented intelligence on customers, competitors, and market trends.
- With the Oracle DaaS offerings, customers can connect and inform smarter actions across their enterprise with external data sources bundled with the commercial, compliance, and privacy rights required for usage. The combination of external and internal data sources can also be used for deeper analytics and modeling.
- ID and addressability mapping to link various customer attributes such as e-mail, social handles, phone numbers, third-party cookies, and mobile identifiers across channels to build a centralized actionable profile.
Oracle Data as a Service: More Data, More Insights
- Oracle DaaS offerings provide data ingestion, value extraction, rights management, and data activation services to drive enhanced insights for marketing, sales, and service teams.
- Additionally, Oracle DaaS offerings give enterprises enhanced flexibility, with the ability to plug into applications as well as into other Oracle Cloud platforms.
- Oracle DaaS for Marketing helps organizations enhance the cross-channel customer experience through targeted marketing engagement that unifies customer and audience intelligence across the enterprise
- With access to more than 1 billion profiles globally, Oracle DaaS for Marketing is the world's largest data marketplace. It gives organizations the ability to prospect at scale and deliver relevant ads and content across online, mobile, search, social, and video.
- Additionally, Oracle DaaS for Marketing gives marketers access to the industry's largest ecosystem of more than 300 data and activation partners for online, mobile, search, and social marketing action.
- Oracle DaaS for Social helps enterprises benefit from the vast pool of data generated across social platforms and enriches unstructured social and enterprise data. The insight Oracle DaaS for Social provides by applying its sophisticated text processing on raw text from public and private sources can be combined with other structured data to offer powerful business intelligence.
- Oracle DaaS for Social derives insights from more than 700 million social messages daily, across more than 40 million social media and news data sites.
- Oracle DaaS for Social applies powerful text analysis to extract the meaning and context of the content, empowering enterprises to take appropriate actions on insights from massive amounts of unstructured data.
- "Unbundling data from SaaS applications has enhanced a business user's ability to activate insights gleaned from external data sources, leading to more engaging and personalized customer experiences," said Omar Tawakol, general manager and group vice president, Oracle Data Cloud. "The Oracle Data Cloud brings together a best-in-class data platform with the world's largest data marketplace to drive smarter decisions for marketing and social, and it will eventually include other enterprise functions such as sales and service."
- "IDC sees data as a service as an emerging category that addresses the needs of businesses in real-time to tap into a wide array of external data sources and optimize the results to drive unique insights and informed action," said Robert Mahowald, vice president, SaaS & Cloud Software, IDC. "Oracle Data as a Service is addressing this need with a suite of data solutions that focus on scale, data portability, and security that help customers gain a competitive advantage through the use of data."
- "With Oracle's comprehensive and distinctive framework of data ingestion, value extraction, rights management, and data activation, Oracle Data Cloud can help enterprises across multiple industries and channels generate competitive advantage through the use of data," said Tom Pringle, practice leader for Information Management, Ovum.
- "With the proliferation of devices and new technologies, businesses have their hands on an immeasurable amount of data. At Datalogix, we understand the power this information has in delivering meaningful results for marketers and how to leverage this power of purchase-based audience targeting to drive measurable online and offline sales," said Eric Roza, chief executive officer, Datalogix. "Together, with Oracle Data Cloud, we're bringing real targeting and accountability into the digital space."
- "Data will continue to be the currency of the internet, and we've only scratched the surface of what is possible in data-driven marketing. We look forward to our continued relationship with Oracle and their data services for marketing to help our clients target anything, measure everything -- and most importantly, power a better internet," said Jeff Green, CEO, The Trade Desk.
- "Our clients are faced with massive amounts of data in traditional CRM, digital and social channels and it is our mission to guide them in finding unique insights across this sea of structured and unstructured worlds of data," said Jason Kodish, senior vice president of Strategy and Analysis at DigitasLBi. "Oracle Data as a Service allows one to manage the complexity of data adoption and provides key solutions to inform today's businesses."
- Data-as-a-Service: the Next Step in the As-a-service Journey
- Forrester Navigating the New Data Market Landscape
- Data As A Service: Get More Data Value Without All The Headaches
- Oracle Data as a Service for Business
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2643236
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,354
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 24, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,024
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 24, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,323
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 24, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,582
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,196
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,047
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,162
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 24, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,750
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,498
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,901
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,633
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,568
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,591
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,367
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,781