|By Marketwired .||
|July 22, 2014 01:00 PM EDT||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/22/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
In the digital economy, data fuels companies' ability to create new products and services. This proliferation of social channels, mobile devices, and sensor-enabled technologies, in conjunction with the unbundling of data from applications, creates new opportunities for innovative companies to gain competitive advantage through the use of data. Once limited to their internal data, enterprises can now gain valuable business insights by adding external data sources to enhance customer experience and operational efficiency. Today, Oracle announced it is combining its BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace and other Oracle data services to create Oracle Data Cloud, a platform that provides customers access to world-class data-as-a-service (DaaS) offerings, including Oracle Data as a Service for Marketing (Oracle DaaS for Marketing) and Oracle Data as a Service for Social (Oracle DaaS for Social).
- To help business users drive smarter, more informed decisions across the enterprise, Oracle today announced Oracle Data Cloud and two new DaaS offerings, Oracle DaaS for Marketing and Oracle DaaS for Social.
- Oracle Data Cloud is a DaaS platform that includes Oracle's leading data products and the newly acquired BlueKai Audience Data Marketplace, offering customers trusted solutions for leveraging external data for marketing and social.
- Oracle DaaS for Marketing, available in a new subscription model, gives marketers access to a vast and diverse array of anonymous user-level data across offline, online, and mobile data sources. Data is gathered from trusted and validated sources to support privacy and security compliance.
- Oracle DaaS for Social, now in limited availability, delivers categorization and enrichment of unstructured social and enterprise data, providing unprecedented intelligence on customers, competitors, and market trends.
- With the Oracle DaaS offerings, customers can connect and inform smarter actions across their enterprise with external data sources bundled with the commercial, compliance, and privacy rights required for usage. The combination of external and internal data sources can also be used for deeper analytics and modeling.
- ID and addressability mapping to link various customer attributes such as e-mail, social handles, phone numbers, third-party cookies, and mobile identifiers across channels to build a centralized actionable profile.
Oracle Data as a Service: More Data, More Insights
- Oracle DaaS offerings provide data ingestion, value extraction, rights management, and data activation services to drive enhanced insights for marketing, sales, and service teams.
- Additionally, Oracle DaaS offerings give enterprises enhanced flexibility, with the ability to plug into applications as well as into other Oracle Cloud platforms.
- Oracle DaaS for Marketing helps organizations enhance the cross-channel customer experience through targeted marketing engagement that unifies customer and audience intelligence across the enterprise
- With access to more than 1 billion profiles globally, Oracle DaaS for Marketing is the world's largest data marketplace. It gives organizations the ability to prospect at scale and deliver relevant ads and content across online, mobile, search, social, and video.
- Additionally, Oracle DaaS for Marketing gives marketers access to the industry's largest ecosystem of more than 300 data and activation partners for online, mobile, search, and social marketing action.
- Oracle DaaS for Social helps enterprises benefit from the vast pool of data generated across social platforms and enriches unstructured social and enterprise data. The insight Oracle DaaS for Social provides by applying its sophisticated text processing on raw text from public and private sources can be combined with other structured data to offer powerful business intelligence.
- Oracle DaaS for Social derives insights from more than 700 million social messages daily, across more than 40 million social media and news data sites.
- Oracle DaaS for Social applies powerful text analysis to extract the meaning and context of the content, empowering enterprises to take appropriate actions on insights from massive amounts of unstructured data.
- "Unbundling data from SaaS applications has enhanced a business user's ability to activate insights gleaned from external data sources, leading to more engaging and personalized customer experiences," said Omar Tawakol, general manager and group vice president, Oracle Data Cloud. "The Oracle Data Cloud brings together a best-in-class data platform with the world's largest data marketplace to drive smarter decisions for marketing and social, and it will eventually include other enterprise functions such as sales and service."
- "IDC sees data as a service as an emerging category that addresses the needs of businesses in real-time to tap into a wide array of external data sources and optimize the results to drive unique insights and informed action," said Robert Mahowald, vice president, SaaS & Cloud Software, IDC. "Oracle Data as a Service is addressing this need with a suite of data solutions that focus on scale, data portability, and security that help customers gain a competitive advantage through the use of data."
- "With Oracle's comprehensive and distinctive framework of data ingestion, value extraction, rights management, and data activation, Oracle Data Cloud can help enterprises across multiple industries and channels generate competitive advantage through the use of data," said Tom Pringle, practice leader for Information Management, Ovum.
- "With the proliferation of devices and new technologies, businesses have their hands on an immeasurable amount of data. At Datalogix, we understand the power this information has in delivering meaningful results for marketers and how to leverage this power of purchase-based audience targeting to drive measurable online and offline sales," said Eric Roza, chief executive officer, Datalogix. "Together, with Oracle Data Cloud, we're bringing real targeting and accountability into the digital space."
- "Data will continue to be the currency of the internet, and we've only scratched the surface of what is possible in data-driven marketing. We look forward to our continued relationship with Oracle and their data services for marketing to help our clients target anything, measure everything -- and most importantly, power a better internet," said Jeff Green, CEO, The Trade Desk.
- "Our clients are faced with massive amounts of data in traditional CRM, digital and social channels and it is our mission to guide them in finding unique insights across this sea of structured and unstructured worlds of data," said Jason Kodish, senior vice president of Strategy and Analysis at DigitasLBi. "Oracle Data as a Service allows one to manage the complexity of data adoption and provides key solutions to inform today's businesses."
- Data-as-a-Service: the Next Step in the As-a-service Journey
- Forrester Navigating the New Data Market Landscape
- Data As A Service: Get More Data Value Without All The Headaches
- Oracle Data as a Service for Business
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2643236
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Sep. 29, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,193
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 29, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,029
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,788
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera M...
Sep. 29, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,128
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,210
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,547
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Sep. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,685
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,538
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,856
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Sep. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,583
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,795
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,449
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,344
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,964