|By Marketwired .||
|July 23, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwired) -- 07/23/14 -- NSS Labs today announced several new research products that combine its more than twenty years of testing experience with quantitative analysis to provide in-depth assessments of the world's leading security companies, products and markets. These new research offerings will be refreshed periodically and will enable security professionals, vendors, and financial analysts to make more informed business decisions through a broader understanding not only of specific vendor and product capabilities, but also of security markets as a whole and the fast-evolving competitive landscape.
NSS' new research products include:
- Company Intelligence Briefs provide in-depth profiles of leading security vendors, including market share, key market segments, SWOT analysis, and NSS ratings for all tested products during the past five years.
- Product Intelligence Briefs examine key products by vendor (e.g., Perimeter IPS), providing assessments of vendor portfolios, their relative market positions, product deployment considerations, SWOT analyses, and NSS test findings over the past five years, including security effectiveness and performance results.
- Market Intelligence Briefs cover key market drivers, challenges, trends, mergers & acquisitions, market growth, and forecasts. The first brief will focus on the IPS market.
NSS' new research offerings will:
- Enable enterprise IT security buyers to make informed purchasing decisions: These new tools provide a better understanding of key market drivers, illustrate competitive differences among products being considered, and reveal which leading products and vendors have performed most consistently over time in NSS testing.
- Provide financial analysts and researchers with deep insight into the security market(s): Unlike traditional research firms that rely on qualitative research, NSS insights come from our extensive hands-on testing, which gives a unique perspective on the future market trends and the current competitive landscape.
Commentary: NSS Labs Chief Research Officer Bob Walder
"Our new research offering is the first of its kind with company, product, technology, testing, and market data woven into one quick-to-read tool," said Bob Walder, Chief Research Officer at NSS Labs. "Whether you're an enterprise IT buyer or a vendor, these new tools offer insights in a format that would require long hours of research -- and across multiple subscriptions. We're making the job easier for those who have to collect and disseminate this material, and we're augmenting the content with our unmatched testing and hands-on product background."
The briefs released today include:
- Company Intelligence Brief: Check Point
- Company Intelligence Brief: Cisco
- Company Intelligence Brief: Dell
- Company Intelligence Brief: Fortinet
- Company Intelligence Brief: HP
- Company Intelligence Brief: IBM
- Company Intelligence Brief: Intel Security
- Company Intelligence Brief: Juniper
- Product Intelligence Brief: Check Point Appliances - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: Cisco Sourcefire - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: Dell SonicWALL - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: Fortinet FortiGate - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: HP TippingPoint - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: Juniper SRX Series Gateways - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: McAfee Network Security - Perimeter IPS
About NSS Labs, Inc.
NSS Labs, Inc. is the world's leading information security research and advisory company. We deliver a unique mix of test-based research and expert analysis to provide our clients with the information they need to make good security decisions. CIOs, CISOs, and information security professionals from many of the largest and most demanding enterprises rely on NSS Labs' insight, every day. For more information, visit www.nsslabs.com.
© 2014 NSS Labs, Inc. All rights reserved. All brand, product, and service names are the trademarks, registered trademarks, or service marks of their respective owners.
Sr. Marketing Manager, Public Relations
Phone: +1 (832) 741-7373
"Alert Logic is a managed security service provider that basically deploys technologies, but we support those technologies with the people and process behind it," stated Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 264
"We specialize in testing. DevOps is all about continuous delivery and accelerating the delivery pipeline and there is no continuous delivery without testing," noted Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect at Spirent Communications, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 333
Jul. 28, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,079
Jul. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 188
Jul. 28, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 302
Jul. 28, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 336
Jul. 28, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,653
Jul. 27, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 268
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,318
Jul. 27, 2015 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 971
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,027
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 257
Jul. 27, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 308
Jul. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 519
Jul. 27, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,333