|By Marketwired .||
|July 23, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwired) -- 07/23/14 -- NSS Labs today announced several new research products that combine its more than twenty years of testing experience with quantitative analysis to provide in-depth assessments of the world's leading security companies, products and markets. These new research offerings will be refreshed periodically and will enable security professionals, vendors, and financial analysts to make more informed business decisions through a broader understanding not only of specific vendor and product capabilities, but also of security markets as a whole and the fast-evolving competitive landscape.
NSS' new research products include:
- Company Intelligence Briefs provide in-depth profiles of leading security vendors, including market share, key market segments, SWOT analysis, and NSS ratings for all tested products during the past five years.
- Product Intelligence Briefs examine key products by vendor (e.g., Perimeter IPS), providing assessments of vendor portfolios, their relative market positions, product deployment considerations, SWOT analyses, and NSS test findings over the past five years, including security effectiveness and performance results.
- Market Intelligence Briefs cover key market drivers, challenges, trends, mergers & acquisitions, market growth, and forecasts. The first brief will focus on the IPS market.
NSS' new research offerings will:
- Enable enterprise IT security buyers to make informed purchasing decisions: These new tools provide a better understanding of key market drivers, illustrate competitive differences among products being considered, and reveal which leading products and vendors have performed most consistently over time in NSS testing.
- Provide financial analysts and researchers with deep insight into the security market(s): Unlike traditional research firms that rely on qualitative research, NSS insights come from our extensive hands-on testing, which gives a unique perspective on the future market trends and the current competitive landscape.
Commentary: NSS Labs Chief Research Officer Bob Walder
"Our new research offering is the first of its kind with company, product, technology, testing, and market data woven into one quick-to-read tool," said Bob Walder, Chief Research Officer at NSS Labs. "Whether you're an enterprise IT buyer or a vendor, these new tools offer insights in a format that would require long hours of research -- and across multiple subscriptions. We're making the job easier for those who have to collect and disseminate this material, and we're augmenting the content with our unmatched testing and hands-on product background."
The briefs released today include:
- Company Intelligence Brief: Check Point
- Company Intelligence Brief: Cisco
- Company Intelligence Brief: Dell
- Company Intelligence Brief: Fortinet
- Company Intelligence Brief: HP
- Company Intelligence Brief: IBM
- Company Intelligence Brief: Intel Security
- Company Intelligence Brief: Juniper
- Product Intelligence Brief: Check Point Appliances - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: Cisco Sourcefire - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: Dell SonicWALL - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: Fortinet FortiGate - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: HP TippingPoint - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: Juniper SRX Series Gateways - Perimeter IPS
- Product Intelligence Brief: McAfee Network Security - Perimeter IPS
About NSS Labs, Inc.
NSS Labs, Inc. is the world's leading information security research and advisory company. We deliver a unique mix of test-based research and expert analysis to provide our clients with the information they need to make good security decisions. CIOs, CISOs, and information security professionals from many of the largest and most demanding enterprises rely on NSS Labs' insight, every day. For more information, visit www.nsslabs.com.
© 2014 NSS Labs, Inc. All rights reserved. All brand, product, and service names are the trademarks, registered trademarks, or service marks of their respective owners.
Sr. Marketing Manager, Public Relations
Phone: +1 (832) 741-7373
Aug. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 156
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 425
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 860
Aug. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 208
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 327
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 213
Aug. 30, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 177
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 432
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 600
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 565
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 334
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 155
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of I...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 385
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 30, 2015 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 494
A producer of the first smartphones and tablets, presenter Lee M. Williams will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, COO of ETwater, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ET...
Aug. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 116