|By Business Wire||
|July 23, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
Kronos Incorporated – which recently surpassed $1 billion in annual revenue1 – today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for the third quarter of Fiscal 2014. Product bookings continued to accelerate, with Kronos Cloud bookings as the fastest-growing part of the business. Kronos recognized revenue for the quarter increased to $265 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) increased to $88.5 million.2
“It’s thrilling to be part of the exclusive group of software companies that have grown beyond $1 billion in annual revenue, and the first vendor to do so in the workforce management market,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “Equally thrilling is the pace of our growth compared to the global workforce management market, our increasing market share, and our rapidly expanding cloud footprint. Kronos is in a fantastic position moving into the final quarter of our Fiscal 2014. Our strong financial results and the investments we are making in our company – including continued product innovation, expansion of our sales force, and delivery of a superior customer experience – all reinforce that the best days are still ahead for Kronos.”
Third-Quarter News Facts
- Outpacing the workforce management market – Deployed in more than 100 countries, Kronos is the leader in the global workforce management market. According to a global study of workforce management solutions3 published by IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS), Kronos grew more than 11 percent. The IHS report determined that the overall worldwide workforce management market grew 7.9 percent during the same period, indicating that Kronos continues to increase its market share. Only Kronos was found to have positive market share growth in all global regions during this period, while the share of other leading suppliers of workforce management solutions declined. Also according to IHS, Kronos led all vendors with more than 25 percent share of the global workforce management market. In the Americas, Kronos broadened its number-one position by increasing its share to nearly 38 percent.
- Tremendous growth of the Kronos Cloud – The Kronos Cloud is experiencing significant growth across all market segments. 77 percent of new customer bookings were from an array of Kronos Cloud offerings, bringing the total number of organizations leveraging the Kronos Cloud to nearly 12,000. Kronos workforce management cloud revenue increased 57 percent and SaaS bookings increased 97 percent during the quarter.
- Vertical expertise – Kronos experienced strong momentum across targeted vertical segments – including retail and hospitality, healthcare, services and distribution, manufacturing, and the public sector. The services and distribution sector was particularly strong, having its best-ever product bookings quarterly performance.
- Extraordinary growth in SMB sector – Product bookings in the small and midsize business (SMB) sector increased 42 percent driven by strong performance of the Workforce Ready® and Workforce Central® suites and increased traction in the SaaShr partner channel. Workforce Ready is increasingly being adopted by new customers, as well as those upgrading from prior generations of Kronos solutions. During the quarter, Kronos delivered the latest release of Workforce Ready, providing even greater value to SMBs, making it easier than ever for them to effectively manage their workforces.
- Rapid pace of innovation – Continued innovations in Kronos workforce management solutions was a key driver in the strong double-digit increase in product bookings during the quarter. Recent product releases include: the latest version of the Kronos Workforce Central suite including hundreds of enhancements; Workforce Collaboration™ social networking and collaboration; Workforce Analytics™ and Workforce Analytics on Tablet with visualization and exploration; Workforce Mobile™ and Workforce Tablet™ with geo-fencing capabilities; the latest version of the Kronos InTouch® time clock with new biometric technology; availability of Workforce Task Management™ via tablet devices; the latest version of the Kronos Workforce Ready® suite; many enhancements to meet specific vertical and global requirements; and additions and advancements to many other Kronos applications. There has never before been a timeframe in which Kronos has released so many new product offerings in such a short period of time.
- Engaged and satisfied customers – During the quarter, Kronos hosted thousands of customers in a 30-city world tour of KronosLIVE, a series of events that offered the latest insights into how Kronos’ game-changing workforce management solutions combine ease of use and deep functionality to help organizations control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. KronosLIVE was offered in cities throughout the U.S. and in international locations such as London, Mexico City, Montreal, Mumbai, and Shanghai. In addition, during the quarter Kronos was recognized for consistently exceeding customer expectations by Omega Management Group Corp. Kronos is one of only two companies to receive this award 14 consecutive years.
- Customer successes around the globe – In the third quarter of Fiscal 2014, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: Allity Pty Ltd., a for-profit organization with 31 aged care facilities in Australia; CenterLight Health System, a leading resource for long-term residential and community-based healthcare; Century 21 Department Stores, a retailer located in New York City offering designer merchandise; Charleston County School District, a K-12 school system comprised of 80 schools; City of Hampton, a city in Virginia; Country Fire Authority, a volunteer- and community-based fire and emergency services organization in Australia; Crittenton Hospital Medical Center, a full continuum provider of nationally ranked clinical programs representing a wide range of medical specialties providing primary, secondary, and tertiary-level care; Department of Justice Federal Prison Industries (FPI), a U.S. government corporation that employs and provides job opportunities to inmates in the Federal Bureau of Prisons; Dulsco, a leading provider of human resource solutions and waste management services headquartered in Dubai with operations throughout the UAE and Qatar; Element Fresh, a fast-growing dining chain company with more than 20 locations in Beijing, Guangzhou, Nanjing, and Shanghai; Emory Healthcare, a comprehensive hospital system in Georgia; EnviroWaste, a company that delivers EnviroSolutions to address the waste and recycling needs of New Zealand’s communities and businesses; Hastings Entertainment, Inc., a leading multimedia entertainment retailer; Indiana University Health, a comprehensive healthcare system in Indiana; Nebraska Department of Roads, a state agency responsible for surface transportation programs; NYC Transit Authority, one of the largest transit systems in North America; Presence Health, the second-largest healthcare system in Illinois; Ridley Family Markets, a family-owned chain of grocery stores operating 24 supermarkets in Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and Wyoming; Sky Lakes Medical Center, an internationally accredited, community-owned acute-care hospital in Oregon; Silver Reef Casino, a casino resort serving the northwestern region of the U.S.; St Andrews Healthcare, one of the largest charities in the UK providing specialist mental healthcare services; Town Sports International, an operator of fitness centers in the U.S. and Switzerland; Trusthouse Services, provider of outsourced food management services, operating primarily in the education and healthcare sectors; and Wyoming Department of Health, an organization dedicated to supporting and enhancing the health of citizens in Wyoming.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos, the Kronos logo, Workforce Central, InTouch, and Workforce Ready are registered trademarks and Workforce Collaboration, Workforce Analytics, Workforce Mobile, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote 1: As announced May 7, 2014 on a last-twelve-month basis, ending March 29, 2014.
Footnote 2: All financial information within this press release is presented using non-GAAP financial measures. Kronos believes that non-GAAP measures of financial results provide useful information regarding certain financial and business trends relating to Kronos’ results of operations. Non-GAAP revenue consists of GAAP revenue excluding the effect of the write-down of deferred revenue associated with purchase accounting for certain acquisitions and includes timing adjustments related to international product deliveries which management includes when evaluating operating results. Product bookings represent gross product value of product orders and the product equivalent value of SaaS orders. EBITDA consists of GAAP income from operations excluding: (1) share-based compensation expense for stock options and stock awards in accordance with ASC 718; (2) amortization of capitalized software development costs; (3) depreciation of property, plant and equipment; (4) amortization of acquired intangible assets; (5) acquisition-related expenses including advisory, legal, accounting, acquired employee-related costs, and integration costs; and (6) consulting expenses that are excluded from the definition of EBITDA under the terms of the Company’s Credit Agreement.
Footnote 3: “The Workforce Management Solutions – World Report” (2011-2013), published April 2014 and written by Sam Grinter, market analyst at IHS.
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, showed how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He used a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors...
Feb. 10, 2016 07:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 10, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 374
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 10, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 151
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 10, 2016 02:54 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 10, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 419
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 10, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 393
Recognizing the need to identify and validate information security professionals’ competency in securing cloud services, the two leading membership organizations focused on cloud and information security, the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and (ISC)^2, joined together to develop an international cloud security credential that reflects the most current and comprehensive best practices for securing and optimizing cloud computing environments.
Feb. 10, 2016 01:45 PM EST
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 10, 2016 01:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:45 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 424
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 619
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 187
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 258
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 208
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 10, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 391