|By Business Wire||
|July 23, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
Kronos Incorporated – which recently surpassed $1 billion in annual revenue1 – today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for the third quarter of Fiscal 2014. Product bookings continued to accelerate, with Kronos Cloud bookings as the fastest-growing part of the business. Kronos recognized revenue for the quarter increased to $265 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) increased to $88.5 million.2
“It’s thrilling to be part of the exclusive group of software companies that have grown beyond $1 billion in annual revenue, and the first vendor to do so in the workforce management market,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “Equally thrilling is the pace of our growth compared to the global workforce management market, our increasing market share, and our rapidly expanding cloud footprint. Kronos is in a fantastic position moving into the final quarter of our Fiscal 2014. Our strong financial results and the investments we are making in our company – including continued product innovation, expansion of our sales force, and delivery of a superior customer experience – all reinforce that the best days are still ahead for Kronos.”
Third-Quarter News Facts
- Outpacing the workforce management market – Deployed in more than 100 countries, Kronos is the leader in the global workforce management market. According to a global study of workforce management solutions3 published by IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS), Kronos grew more than 11 percent. The IHS report determined that the overall worldwide workforce management market grew 7.9 percent during the same period, indicating that Kronos continues to increase its market share. Only Kronos was found to have positive market share growth in all global regions during this period, while the share of other leading suppliers of workforce management solutions declined. Also according to IHS, Kronos led all vendors with more than 25 percent share of the global workforce management market. In the Americas, Kronos broadened its number-one position by increasing its share to nearly 38 percent.
- Tremendous growth of the Kronos Cloud – The Kronos Cloud is experiencing significant growth across all market segments. 77 percent of new customer bookings were from an array of Kronos Cloud offerings, bringing the total number of organizations leveraging the Kronos Cloud to nearly 12,000. Kronos workforce management cloud revenue increased 57 percent and SaaS bookings increased 97 percent during the quarter.
- Vertical expertise – Kronos experienced strong momentum across targeted vertical segments – including retail and hospitality, healthcare, services and distribution, manufacturing, and the public sector. The services and distribution sector was particularly strong, having its best-ever product bookings quarterly performance.
- Extraordinary growth in SMB sector – Product bookings in the small and midsize business (SMB) sector increased 42 percent driven by strong performance of the Workforce Ready® and Workforce Central® suites and increased traction in the SaaShr partner channel. Workforce Ready is increasingly being adopted by new customers, as well as those upgrading from prior generations of Kronos solutions. During the quarter, Kronos delivered the latest release of Workforce Ready, providing even greater value to SMBs, making it easier than ever for them to effectively manage their workforces.
- Rapid pace of innovation – Continued innovations in Kronos workforce management solutions was a key driver in the strong double-digit increase in product bookings during the quarter. Recent product releases include: the latest version of the Kronos Workforce Central suite including hundreds of enhancements; Workforce Collaboration™ social networking and collaboration; Workforce Analytics™ and Workforce Analytics on Tablet with visualization and exploration; Workforce Mobile™ and Workforce Tablet™ with geo-fencing capabilities; the latest version of the Kronos InTouch® time clock with new biometric technology; availability of Workforce Task Management™ via tablet devices; the latest version of the Kronos Workforce Ready® suite; many enhancements to meet specific vertical and global requirements; and additions and advancements to many other Kronos applications. There has never before been a timeframe in which Kronos has released so many new product offerings in such a short period of time.
- Engaged and satisfied customers – During the quarter, Kronos hosted thousands of customers in a 30-city world tour of KronosLIVE, a series of events that offered the latest insights into how Kronos’ game-changing workforce management solutions combine ease of use and deep functionality to help organizations control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. KronosLIVE was offered in cities throughout the U.S. and in international locations such as London, Mexico City, Montreal, Mumbai, and Shanghai. In addition, during the quarter Kronos was recognized for consistently exceeding customer expectations by Omega Management Group Corp. Kronos is one of only two companies to receive this award 14 consecutive years.
- Customer successes around the globe – In the third quarter of Fiscal 2014, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: Allity Pty Ltd., a for-profit organization with 31 aged care facilities in Australia; CenterLight Health System, a leading resource for long-term residential and community-based healthcare; Century 21 Department Stores, a retailer located in New York City offering designer merchandise; Charleston County School District, a K-12 school system comprised of 80 schools; City of Hampton, a city in Virginia; Country Fire Authority, a volunteer- and community-based fire and emergency services organization in Australia; Crittenton Hospital Medical Center, a full continuum provider of nationally ranked clinical programs representing a wide range of medical specialties providing primary, secondary, and tertiary-level care; Department of Justice Federal Prison Industries (FPI), a U.S. government corporation that employs and provides job opportunities to inmates in the Federal Bureau of Prisons; Dulsco, a leading provider of human resource solutions and waste management services headquartered in Dubai with operations throughout the UAE and Qatar; Element Fresh, a fast-growing dining chain company with more than 20 locations in Beijing, Guangzhou, Nanjing, and Shanghai; Emory Healthcare, a comprehensive hospital system in Georgia; EnviroWaste, a company that delivers EnviroSolutions to address the waste and recycling needs of New Zealand’s communities and businesses; Hastings Entertainment, Inc., a leading multimedia entertainment retailer; Indiana University Health, a comprehensive healthcare system in Indiana; Nebraska Department of Roads, a state agency responsible for surface transportation programs; NYC Transit Authority, one of the largest transit systems in North America; Presence Health, the second-largest healthcare system in Illinois; Ridley Family Markets, a family-owned chain of grocery stores operating 24 supermarkets in Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and Wyoming; Sky Lakes Medical Center, an internationally accredited, community-owned acute-care hospital in Oregon; Silver Reef Casino, a casino resort serving the northwestern region of the U.S.; St Andrews Healthcare, one of the largest charities in the UK providing specialist mental healthcare services; Town Sports International, an operator of fitness centers in the U.S. and Switzerland; Trusthouse Services, provider of outsourced food management services, operating primarily in the education and healthcare sectors; and Wyoming Department of Health, an organization dedicated to supporting and enhancing the health of citizens in Wyoming.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2014 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos, the Kronos logo, Workforce Central, InTouch, and Workforce Ready are registered trademarks and Workforce Collaboration, Workforce Analytics, Workforce Mobile, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote 1: As announced May 7, 2014 on a last-twelve-month basis, ending March 29, 2014.
Footnote 2: All financial information within this press release is presented using non-GAAP financial measures. Kronos believes that non-GAAP measures of financial results provide useful information regarding certain financial and business trends relating to Kronos’ results of operations. Non-GAAP revenue consists of GAAP revenue excluding the effect of the write-down of deferred revenue associated with purchase accounting for certain acquisitions and includes timing adjustments related to international product deliveries which management includes when evaluating operating results. Product bookings represent gross product value of product orders and the product equivalent value of SaaS orders. EBITDA consists of GAAP income from operations excluding: (1) share-based compensation expense for stock options and stock awards in accordance with ASC 718; (2) amortization of capitalized software development costs; (3) depreciation of property, plant and equipment; (4) amortization of acquired intangible assets; (5) acquisition-related expenses including advisory, legal, accounting, acquired employee-related costs, and integration costs; and (6) consulting expenses that are excluded from the definition of EBITDA under the terms of the Company’s Credit Agreement.
Footnote 3: “The Workforce Management Solutions – World Report” (2011-2013), published April 2014 and written by Sam Grinter, market analyst at IHS.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,948
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,731
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,134
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,933
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,592
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,170
Most of us already know that adopting new cloud applications can boost a business’s productivity by enabling organizations to be more agile and ready to change course in our fast-moving and connected digital world. But the rapid adoption of cloud apps and services also brings with it profound security threats, including visibility and control challenges that aren’t present in traditional on-premises environments. At the same time, the cloud – because of its interconnected, flexible and adaptable...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,771
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 29, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,112
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,448
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,016
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 318
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,919
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,690
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,134
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,746