|By Marketwired .||
|July 23, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - July 23, 2014) -
Core News Facts:
- Today, Lovely (www.livelovely.com) the first true rental marketplace, released the Lovely Rental Market Report, featuring Q2 2014 data to shed light on the current state of the rental market in five key areas across the United States: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C. and San Francisco/Bay Area.
- Typically, where to live is the largest financial and emotional decision a person will make in any given year. Renters deserve a solution that they can trust, one that is transparent and gives them control over the entire process. In addition to offering a quick and easy full-service rental experience, Lovely is revealing these findings to help educate the market and ease the pain of the renting process.
- For this report, Lovely analyzed their marketplace data, featuring the most comprehensive set of listings from over 70 data partners, to measure each market by:
- Median rent overall
- Median rent by bed count
- Inventory citywide
- Inventory by bed count
- Biggest rent increase by neighborhood
- Neighborhoods above and below the citywide median
- For renters looking to move to or within some of the top metros in the country, Lovely has pulled information that will prove to be helpful in the rental search:
- New York City: One and two bedroom units have experienced 12 percent and 26 percent year-over-year growth, respectively, contributing to the 22 percent increase in median rent price compared to this time last year.
- Los Angeles: Neighborhoods like Century City and Brentwood not only represent massive year-over-year price growth, but also boast exorbitant median rent prices that are 139 percent and 122 percent above the citywide median rent price, respectively.
- Chicago: The most affordable city in this list, Chicago experienced a decrease in median rent compared to last year - except when it comes to studios. Since Q2 2013, the median rent price for a studio apartment increased 40 percent.
- Washington, D.C.: Despite a peak in the beginning of 2013, median rent price in Washington, D.C. has been on the decline, experiencing a nearly 7 percent year over year decrease. Studio, one bedroom and two bedroom units all fall directly in line with the year over year citywide trend, with more than 5 percent, 6 percent and 8 percent decreases, respectively.
- San Francisco/Bay Area: Rent prices have surged throughout the Bay Area. Specifically, Oakland and San Jose have increased 20 percent and 12 percent, respectively, but Oakland median rent still pales, coming in at $1,795 when compared to San Francisco's sky-high $3,285.
- Additional insights from the report include:
- The cities that saw the highest year-over-year increase in rent - broken down by neighborhood
- Trends in demand based on apartment size and location
- Neighborhoods within these major metros that have the best rental deals
- Founded by CEO Blake Pierson and President & CTO Doug Wormhoudt in March 2011, Lovely processes more than 1.5 million listings nationwide each month and is the go-to resource for quickly and easily landing your next home.
- Available as a free service on the web and both iOS and Android devices, Lovely was acquired by RentPath, Inc. in April 2014 and continues to operate out of San Francisco as a standalone brand.
Blake Pierson, Founder & CEO, Lovely
We're constantly in search of ways to be better partners to our renters and landlords by creating the best possible experiences. Research is the first step for anyone looking to rent a new home, so I'm most excited for this data to provide greater transparency into the rental trends that exist in some of the most popular markets to rent across the U.S. Easy-to-digest access to this market data is instrumental for everyone involved in the rental process; it provides renters more control over the decision-making process and helps landlords make informed decisions when pricing their units.
With access to the most robust, comprehensive set of inventory across the web, Lovely provides a deep look into the U.S. rental market. Trends represented in the Lovely Rental Market Report reflect Q2 2014 rental data based on the aggregated rental inventory on Lovely between January 2013 and June 2014. In addition to Lovely's posting platform, Lovely Pro, Lovely obtains listings by partnering with over 70 external providers to populate its marketplace with rental listings.
Lovely is the first true rental marketplace designed to help renters land their new homes without hassle or stress and help property owners find the most qualified tenants through control and transparency. Lovely is focused on making the renting process better by allowing renters to search, apply, and pay directly from their mobile device or on desktop, while giving property owners the tools to market their units and find the best tenants. Learn more at www.livelovely.com.
Inner Circle Labs for Lovely
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 20, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,455
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 870
Most of us already know that adopting new cloud applications can boost a business’s productivity by enabling organizations to be more agile and ready to change course in our fast-moving and connected digital world. But the rapid adoption of cloud apps and services also brings with it profound security threats, including visibility and control challenges that aren’t present in traditional on-premises environments. At the same time, the cloud – because of its interconnected, flexible and adaptable...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,647
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,853
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 20, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,735
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 829
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,606
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 20, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,553
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 10,912
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,122
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,832
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,048
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 676
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,379
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 20, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 324