|By Marketwired .||
|July 23, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - July 23, 2014) -
Core News Facts:
- Today, Lovely (www.livelovely.com) the first true rental marketplace, released the Lovely Rental Market Report, featuring Q2 2014 data to shed light on the current state of the rental market in five key areas across the United States: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C. and San Francisco/Bay Area.
- Typically, where to live is the largest financial and emotional decision a person will make in any given year. Renters deserve a solution that they can trust, one that is transparent and gives them control over the entire process. In addition to offering a quick and easy full-service rental experience, Lovely is revealing these findings to help educate the market and ease the pain of the renting process.
- For this report, Lovely analyzed their marketplace data, featuring the most comprehensive set of listings from over 70 data partners, to measure each market by:
- Median rent overall
- Median rent by bed count
- Inventory citywide
- Inventory by bed count
- Biggest rent increase by neighborhood
- Neighborhoods above and below the citywide median
- For renters looking to move to or within some of the top metros in the country, Lovely has pulled information that will prove to be helpful in the rental search:
- New York City: One and two bedroom units have experienced 12 percent and 26 percent year-over-year growth, respectively, contributing to the 22 percent increase in median rent price compared to this time last year.
- Los Angeles: Neighborhoods like Century City and Brentwood not only represent massive year-over-year price growth, but also boast exorbitant median rent prices that are 139 percent and 122 percent above the citywide median rent price, respectively.
- Chicago: The most affordable city in this list, Chicago experienced a decrease in median rent compared to last year - except when it comes to studios. Since Q2 2013, the median rent price for a studio apartment increased 40 percent.
- Washington, D.C.: Despite a peak in the beginning of 2013, median rent price in Washington, D.C. has been on the decline, experiencing a nearly 7 percent year over year decrease. Studio, one bedroom and two bedroom units all fall directly in line with the year over year citywide trend, with more than 5 percent, 6 percent and 8 percent decreases, respectively.
- San Francisco/Bay Area: Rent prices have surged throughout the Bay Area. Specifically, Oakland and San Jose have increased 20 percent and 12 percent, respectively, but Oakland median rent still pales, coming in at $1,795 when compared to San Francisco's sky-high $3,285.
- Additional insights from the report include:
- The cities that saw the highest year-over-year increase in rent - broken down by neighborhood
- Trends in demand based on apartment size and location
- Neighborhoods within these major metros that have the best rental deals
- Founded by CEO Blake Pierson and President & CTO Doug Wormhoudt in March 2011, Lovely processes more than 1.5 million listings nationwide each month and is the go-to resource for quickly and easily landing your next home.
- Available as a free service on the web and both iOS and Android devices, Lovely was acquired by RentPath, Inc. in April 2014 and continues to operate out of San Francisco as a standalone brand.
Blake Pierson, Founder & CEO, Lovely
We're constantly in search of ways to be better partners to our renters and landlords by creating the best possible experiences. Research is the first step for anyone looking to rent a new home, so I'm most excited for this data to provide greater transparency into the rental trends that exist in some of the most popular markets to rent across the U.S. Easy-to-digest access to this market data is instrumental for everyone involved in the rental process; it provides renters more control over the decision-making process and helps landlords make informed decisions when pricing their units.
With access to the most robust, comprehensive set of inventory across the web, Lovely provides a deep look into the U.S. rental market. Trends represented in the Lovely Rental Market Report reflect Q2 2014 rental data based on the aggregated rental inventory on Lovely between January 2013 and June 2014. In addition to Lovely's posting platform, Lovely Pro, Lovely obtains listings by partnering with over 70 external providers to populate its marketplace with rental listings.
Lovely is the first true rental marketplace designed to help renters land their new homes without hassle or stress and help property owners find the most qualified tenants through control and transparency. Lovely is focused on making the renting process better by allowing renters to search, apply, and pay directly from their mobile device or on desktop, while giving property owners the tools to market their units and find the best tenants. Learn more at www.livelovely.com.
Inner Circle Labs for Lovely
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 612
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Com...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,543
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing thes...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 378
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,625
Enterprises can achieve rigorous IT security as well as improved DevOps practices and Cloud economics by taking a new, cloud-native approach to application delivery. Because the attack surface for cloud applications is dramatically different than for highly controlled data centers, a disciplined and multi-layered approach that spans all of your processes, staff, vendors and technologies is required. This may sound expensive and time consuming to achieve as you plan how to move selected applicati...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,993
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 491
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,607
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 184
Everyone talks about continuous integration and continuous delivery but those are just two ends of the pipeline. In the middle of DevOps is continuous testing (CT), and many organizations are struggling to implement continuous testing effectively. After all, without continuous testing there is no delivery. And Lab-As-A-Service (LaaS) enhances the CT with dynamic on-demand self-serve test topologies. CT together with LAAS make a powerful combination that perfectly serves complex software developm...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 226
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,556
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,550
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 519