|By Business Wire||
|July 23, 2014 11:06 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hhvgwr/malaysia_hsbb) has announced the addition of the "Malaysia: HSBB and Mobile Data Innovation Fuel Telecom Revenue Growth" report to their offering.
Malaysia: HSBB and Mobile Data Innovation Fuel Telecom Revenue Growth', a new Country Intelligence Report offers a precise, incisive profile of Malaysia's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Malaysia market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides a comprehensive study of the Malaysian telecommunication market, analyzing trends, near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as key regulatory trends.
- Mobile penetration in Malaysia stood at 144.4% at the end of 2013, and mobile services generated $7.6bn in service revenue during the year, while fixed services, including pay-TV, brought in $3.8bn.
- Malaysia's High Speed Broadband network launched commercially in just 18 months in 2010, and passed 1.49m premises by the end of 2013. After 103 exchanges were upgraded to next-generation network platforms during the first phase of HSBB, HSBB2 will increase that total to 400 over the three years starting in 2014, benefiting 4.8m premises in all.
- Having come to terms with the prevailing consumer preference for OTT communication apps, Malaysian operators are adapting their strategies to better monetize traffic generated from OTT usage. One operator offers unlimited use of WhatsApp, WeChat and Web browsing over Opera as add-ons, while Malaysia' leading MVNO launched its own OTT app, which grants users free on-net calls and discounted off-net and international calls.
- By acquiring a 57% stake in Packet One (owned by Green Packet), Telekom Malaysia received not only 500,000-plus subscribers but also a network of 2,000 sites that provide high-speed broadband in areas to complement TM's current fixed-line network. This will enable TM to offer its subscribers quad-play options and capitalize on the rise of mobile data.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Fixed services
- Identifying opportunities
- ABNxcess Celcom
- Green Packet
- Time dotcom
- Telekom Malaysia
- U Mobile
- Packet One Networks
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hhvgwr/malaysia_hsbb
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, attendees learned about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how ...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,010
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:28 AM EST
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 6, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 358
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 541
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 6, 2016 10:59 AM EST Reads: 123
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 954
Dec. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,152
Dec. 6, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 532
Dec. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,141
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,966
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,810
Dec. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 707
Dec. 6, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 7,126
Dec. 6, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,336
Dec. 6, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 882