|By Business Wire||
|July 23, 2014 04:11 PM EDT||
Pharmacy faculty, administrators, staff and students will convene at the AACP Annual Meeting, Pharmacy Education 2014.
|July 26-30, 2014|
|Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, Grapevine, Texas|
Ian Morrison, Ph.D., author, consultant, futurist
Atul Butte, M.D., Ph.D., chief of the Division of Systems Medicine at Stanford University
|Free to credentialed members of the press|
- Keynote speaker Dr. Ian Morrison will focus on the political, economic and strategic changes in healthcare, including possible scenarios and how we can prepare for the future.
- At this year’s Science Plenary, Dr. Atul Butte will explore how “big data” will change future healthcare practice and research. He’ll share his insight on who is collecting this data, what they are doing with the information they aggregate and what it means for healthcare.
- Professions Quest, LLC, a new company created by AACP, will preview its first educational game, Mimycx.
- Attendees will learn about the growing utilization of mobile medical applications in clinical pharmacy practice and their role as clinical tools at the session, Hands on with Medical Mobile Apps: Teaching Students Evaluation Techniques via a Workshop.
- 3D printing will be highlighted at the session, Using 3D Printing for Teaching in the Pharmacy Curriculum, including the benefits and costs of incorporating 3D printers into classes to engage student pharmacists.
Founded in 1900, AACP is the national organization representing the interests of pharmacy education. AACP is comprised of all accredited colleges and schools with pharmacy degree programs, including more than 6,400 faculty, 62,500 students enrolled in professional programs and 5,100 individuals pursuing graduate study. To learn more about AACP, visit www.aacp.org.
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Feb. 22, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 7,728
Feb. 22, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,115
Feb. 22, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 7,419
Feb. 22, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,453
Feb. 22, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,339
Feb. 22, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 886
Feb. 22, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,037
Feb. 22, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,437
Feb. 22, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,476
Feb. 22, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 10,367
Feb. 22, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,569
Feb. 22, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,464
Feb. 22, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,704
Feb. 22, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,442
Feb. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 368