|By Business Wire||
|July 23, 2014 04:11 PM EDT||
Pharmacy faculty, administrators, staff and students will convene at the AACP Annual Meeting, Pharmacy Education 2014.
|July 26-30, 2014|
|Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center, Grapevine, Texas|
Ian Morrison, Ph.D., author, consultant, futurist
Atul Butte, M.D., Ph.D., chief of the Division of Systems Medicine at Stanford University
|Free to credentialed members of the press|
- Keynote speaker Dr. Ian Morrison will focus on the political, economic and strategic changes in healthcare, including possible scenarios and how we can prepare for the future.
- At this year’s Science Plenary, Dr. Atul Butte will explore how “big data” will change future healthcare practice and research. He’ll share his insight on who is collecting this data, what they are doing with the information they aggregate and what it means for healthcare.
- Professions Quest, LLC, a new company created by AACP, will preview its first educational game, Mimycx.
- Attendees will learn about the growing utilization of mobile medical applications in clinical pharmacy practice and their role as clinical tools at the session, Hands on with Medical Mobile Apps: Teaching Students Evaluation Techniques via a Workshop.
- 3D printing will be highlighted at the session, Using 3D Printing for Teaching in the Pharmacy Curriculum, including the benefits and costs of incorporating 3D printers into classes to engage student pharmacists.
Founded in 1900, AACP is the national organization representing the interests of pharmacy education. AACP is comprised of all accredited colleges and schools with pharmacy degree programs, including more than 6,400 faculty, 62,500 students enrolled in professional programs and 5,100 individuals pursuing graduate study. To learn more about AACP, visit www.aacp.org.
Sep. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,627
Sep. 27, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 281
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,851
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,756
Sep. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,356
Sep. 27, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,689
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,632
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,252
Sep. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,201
Sep. 27, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 314
Sep. 27, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,989
Sep. 27, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,443
Sep. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,713
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,661
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,596