|By Business Wire||
|July 24, 2014 08:09 AM EDT||
Visa Inc. (NYSE:V), the global leader in payments, today announced the creation of Visa Digital Solutions, a comprehensive suite of offerings that facilitate secure payments across a broad range of Internet-connected devices and wearables.
In 2014, commerce initiated with mobile phones and tablets is expected to total $114 billion in the U.S. alone, according to research firm Forrester. Two-thirds of those sales will happen via tablet computers, while the remainder will occur on mobile phones.
“Visa Digital Solutions provides the standards, tools and services to turn any Internet-connected device into a secure vehicle for commerce,” said Sam Shrauger, senior vice president, Visa Inc. “Smartphone manufacturers can securely load a Visa account within a device, merchants can directly embed Visa payment functionality into their mobile apps and financial institutions can offer mobile and online payments as part of their mobile banking applications.”
Visa Digital Solutions fall into two main categories:
1. Support for New Payment Methods
Making a purchase with a mobile device at a physical retailer or online is becoming commonplace, particularly in countries with a high penetration of smartphones. Visa is extending its support for mobile payments to enable retailers, financial institutions and developers to create new ways to pay via smartphones.
- Wave-to-pay: Visa recently published a software development kit (SDK) to make it easier for merchants, financial institutions and application developers to embed Visa payWave, Visa’s mobile payment technology, into their mobile applications. Issuers now have the option to host the Visa account information in a virtual cloud or in a secure chip on the mobile device.
- Scan-to-pay: In June Visa published an initial specification for presenting Visa account information in the form of a Quick Response (QR) code. The specification provides retailers with a new, secure option to accept a Visa payment by simply scanning a QR code on a smartphone screen.
- Click-to-pay: Last week Visa announced the launch of Visa Checkout, a quick and easy payment service that enables consumers throughout the United States, Canada and Australia to pay for goods online, on any device, in just a few clicks. Visa’s application programming interfaces (APIs) for Visa Checkout are available to merchant developers, as well as SDKs for in-app payments.
2. Technology That Protects Consumers and Supports Industry Innovation
As the number of online and mobile transactions has increased, so has the need to protect consumer payment account information. In September, Visa will introduce an innovative tokenization service that strengthens payment security while facilitating industry innovation. The new Visa Token Service enables:
- Consumer Protection: Tokens replace the 16-digit account information found on plastic cards with a numeric substitute, facilitating payment transactions without sharing sensitive account information.
- Industry Innovation: Tokens can be stored directly in mobile devices, online eCommerce applications and cloud-based mobile applications, which will spur new commerce experiences.
- Restricted Use: Tokens can be limited for use with specific merchants, mobile devices or types of purchases.
- Convenience and Cost Effectiveness: Tokens linked to lost or stolen mobile devices can be instantly reissued without changing account numbers or reissuing plastic cards.
- Easy Processing: Tokens are based on existing ISO standards and can therefore be processed and routed by merchants, acquirers and issuers like traditional card payments.
Many offerings within the Visa Digital Solutions suite are available today, with the full range of capabilities expected to be commercially available in the U.S. by January 2015, and global rollouts throughout the year. Visa Digital Solutions will initially be available through the Visa Ready program, which provides innovators a path for the certification of devices, software and solutions used to initiate or accept Visa payments. Visa will also launch an extended Developer Center in early 2015, providing product specifications, APIs, SDKs, as well as implementation guidelines for financial institutions, merchants and third-party payment providers. For more information please visit Visa Ready.
About Visa Inc.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions, and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. We operate one of the world's most advanced processing networks — VisaNet — that is capable of handling more than 47,000 transaction messages a second, with fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants. Visa is not a bank and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations, however, enable its financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: pay now with debit, pay ahead of time with prepaid or pay later with credit products. For more information, visit corporate.visa.com and @VisaNews.
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 443
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Dec. 3, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 5,970
Dec. 3, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 6,905
Dec. 3, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,195
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,707
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,415
Dec. 3, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,519
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 1,489
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 733
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,532
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 765
Dec. 3, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 854
Dec. 3, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,519
Dec. 3, 2016 12:15 AM EST Reads: 1,752
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 904