|By Business Wire||
|July 24, 2014 09:30 AM EDT||
Uline, a leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America, has implemented Stibo Systems’ Master Data Management (MDM) solution to proactively manage product information as it flows across the organization. Using STEP, Uline is generating accurate and organized information for more than 35,000 offerings that are sold across a growing number of channels and is able to quickly and efficiently onboard products from suppliers.
- Since going live on Stibo Systems' award-winning solution, Uline has eliminated the need to use manual systems and spreadsheets to maintain product data. With STEP, Uline no longer has to manage vital data in a legacy solution that had reached its capacity and was no longer able to support the Company’s ongoing business needs.
- Uline distributes a vast amount of products that include corrugated boxes that are available in more than 1,000 unique sizes. Since embarking on their MDM initiative, Uline has created an easy to use product information management system with high user acceptance. The new system includes workflows to speed products to market and ensures the most enhanced and detailed product information available.
- Uline already has plans to expand their use of STEP to support their growing e-commerce channel and manage their 626 page print catalog.
- “Our mission is to offer customers the best selection of products combined with the most satisfying service,” said Brian Uihlein, Vice President of Merchandising at Uline. “Stibo Systems' MDM platform enables us to generate the caliber of information we need to support our merchandising goals and deliver a rewarding experience for our customers.”
Stibo Systems Quote
- “Having greater control over product information and attributes is critical to attaining multichannel success as it enables companies to promote smarter, more customer-centric offers and reduce operating costs,” said Todd Callen, Executive Vice President, North America for Stibo Systems. “With such an enormous array of offerings and an expanded number of channels, Uline understands the importance of having timely access to accurate, detailed and consistent product information. We’re delighted to help them improve their e-commerce efforts and bottom line results.”
About Stibo Systems
Stibo Systems is the global leader in multidomain Master Data Management (MDM) solutions. Industry leaders rely on Stibo Systems to provide cross-channel consistency by linking product and customer data, suppliers and other organizational assets. This enables businesses to make more effective decisions, improve sales and build shareholder value. During the last 30 years, Stibo Systems has helped hundreds of companies to develop a trusted source of operational information. A privately held subsidiary of the Stibo A/S group, which was originally founded in 1794, Stibo Systems' corporate headquarters is located in Aarhus, Denmark. For more information, visit www.stibosystems.com.
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 208
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 172
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 265
Aug. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 255
Aug. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 162
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 426
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 864
Aug. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 211
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 328
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 217
Aug. 30, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 182
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 605
Aug. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 433
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 568
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Aug. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 336