|By Pat Romanski||
|July 25, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
Cisco and the Barcelona City Council have announced plans to open a Cisco Global IoE Innovation Center in Barcelona. The Innovation Center will provide a platform for research, technological development and new market opportunities related to the Internet of Everything for smart cities.
The new 1,720 SQM Cisco center will be located at Ca l'Alier, a 19th century heritage building at the core of the [email protected] district, as part of the new Smart City Campus.
Based on its current plans, from 2015 to 2020, Cisco intends to invest close to $30 million, in the facilities' restoration, innovation lab, IT equipment, and talent acquisition primarily in engineering, application development and research.
- The IoE Innovation Center, slated to open in summer 2016, will be one of five Cisco sites focused on IoE and its market opportunities around the globe, including the current centers in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and Songdo (South Korea) and two more that are under development in Germany and Canada.
- As a global innovation hub providing a space where Cisco may team with customers, partners, start-ups, governments and research bodies and academia, the center will host two kinds of innovation activities:
- An IoE Innovation lab to design new services and solutions for cities that are in the early stages of developing urban services (smart parking, smart lighting, location-based analytics, etc.), energy management, safety and security and cloud exchange.
- A live showcase area for Cisco solutions, including Smart+Connected Communities' solutions, demonstrating their practical implementation and ability to improve citizens' quality of life.
- Cisco´s decision to open an IoE Innovation Center in Barcelona reflects the city's commitment to innovation and sharing these innovations with other cities, as it continues to serve as a worldwide lighthouse in smart cities services and solutions. In addition, Barcelona has a strong technological, academic and research community, and serves as an open hub for entrepreneurial business development.
- The Innovation Center will help private and public companies understand how to best generate the value from the Internet of Everything, the next phase of the Internet´s development which carries an estimated a $19 trillion global value creation opportunity in increased revenue, decreased costs, business process improvement and innovative urban services creation by 2022.
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, will provide an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life ...
May. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,053
May. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,270
May. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,796
May. 30, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,360
May. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,419
May. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,381
May. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,395
May. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,244
May. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,011
May. 30, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,301
May. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,322
May. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,392
May. 30, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,540
May. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,397
May. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,090