|By Marketwired .||
|July 24, 2014 04:24 PM EDT||
MISSION, KS -- (Marketwired) -- 07/24/14 -- (Family Features) Engaging in outdoor activities are a great way for families to stay active and spend quality time together, but between tree-climbing, nature hikes, and backyard barbecues, outdoor adventures can lead to piles of dirty, dingy and stained clothing.
Unwanted stains from dripping ice cream cones to grass and dirt can easily find themselves on unsuspecting clothing, and especially stand out on white and light-colored apparel.
Stain Fighting Tips
Maintaining bright, spot-less clothing doesn't have to be complicated. Get your family's wardrobe into shape with these stain fighting tips:
- Act quickly when stains occur: If possible, begin treating the stain immediately. For stains on the go, try applying club soda with a clean white cloth napkin. If none is available, just try and keep the spot wet with an ice cube until you can get home and wash.
- Don't let laundry sit in the hamper: As a general rule of thumb, the longer the stain sits, the harder it will be to remove. Ensure stained clothing makes its way to the laundry room, rather than sitting in your child's bedroom or hamper for several days.
- Soak clothes for best results: Remove tough stains with little effort by pre-soaking colorfast clothing overnight in a solution of OxiClean White Revive Laundry Stain Remover and warm to hot water. The color-safe solution cleans fibers and helps maintain and revive dingy whites without chlorine, harsh smells, yellowing or color damage.
- Add a scoop to the wash cycle: For stain fighting action, add a scoop of OxiClean White Revive to every wash load or toss in a pre-measured, single-dose pak. It works with your regular detergent to power out tough stains.
- Evaluate clothes before drying: The dry cycle can permanently set-in stains, so scan clothes to make sure the items are completely stain-free before putting them in the dryer. If any spots remain, pre-treat and run it through the wash cycle again.
- Keep your washer and dryer clean: Make sure to periodically clean your appliances to get rid of any built-up residue to keep your clothes as clean as possible. Run an empty wash cycle with hot water and two cups of white vinegar to thoroughly clean the washer. Then, vacuum the lint trap and vent on the dryer to keep it running in tip-top shape.
Don't let messy stains derail you and your family from quality outdoor fun. Take part in a friendly game of soccer at the barbeque or enjoy that hot dog at the baseball game, and when you get home, keep these easy laundry tips in mind for bright, clean clothing all year long. For more information on fighting tough stains, visit www.oxiclean.com.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2644950
Jul. 6, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 104
Jul. 6, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,374
Jul. 6, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,049
Jul. 6, 2015 12:37 PM EDT
Jul. 6, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,405
Jul. 6, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,130
Jul. 6, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,019
Jul. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 977
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 388
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud envir...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,557
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo® and DevOps Summit 2015 Silicon Valley, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Alert Logic provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid IT infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for cust...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,306
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,666
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,608
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to globa...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,141
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Jul. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,700