|By Unitiv Blog||
|July 28, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
Cisco has been ridding itself of consumer products for some time, which is why it was surprising to see Cisco at the International Consumer Electronics Show this year. According to CEO John Chambers, however, the new IoE (Internet of Everything) plan at Cisco is set to change the trajectory of everyone on Earth, in both the consumer and the professional arenas.
Here are some ways IoE is going to impact the world:
- Bigger than anything that’s come before. Now, don’t get the wrong idea: Cisco isn’t going to sell IoE to consumers directly. But Internet of Everything will impact our daily lives in ways we can’t yet possibly imagine. From improved efficiency in the industrial arena to personalized retail encounters to the ability to control an entire building’s infrastructure with one simply smartphone app, IoE means big.
- Getting it right. This new technology is based on the idea that, with the rapid growth in data as well as our ability to gather and analyze it, that data needs to be handled properly. That means getting the right data to the right person or the right piece of equipment in the right way.
- Nothing is inane. Collection and analysis of data means there really is no limit to the potential for Internet of Everything. For example, even something as seemingly innocuous as garbage cans with built-in sensors could create an increase in efficiency in the billions of dollars.
- Efficiency is key. IoE really is all about using data to improve efficiency. Those trash bin sensors can alert waste management to let them know whether a bin is ready to be emptied, or whether there are hazmat-related materials inside. Parking meters can be modified to adjust rates based on peak demand.
- The future is now. Imagine, for a moment, a shirt that tells you when your body temperature is elevated, warning you that you might have a fever, or the proverbial “smart refrigerator” that actually takes its own inventory, sending a grocery order to the supermarket, where it will be waiting for you to walk in and pick up.
The Internet of Everything is all about connected objects, from the mundane to the magnificent, and improving how we interact with those objects.
Sep. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,577
Sep. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,399
Sep. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,811
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,693
Sep. 25, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,485
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 915
Sep. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,596
Sep. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,237
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,558
Sep. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,529
Sep. 25, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,769
Sep. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,590
Sep. 25, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,528
Sep. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,522
Sep. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,622