|By Business Wire||
|July 28, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today unveiled the new disinfectant-ready Symbol CS4070-HC wireless handheld Bluetooth® scanner which provides nurses and lab technicians with the ability to scan both 1D and 2D bar codes at the patient bedside to help prevent errors in medication administration and specimen collection. The CS4070-HC bar code scanner can easily pair with in-room computers, laptops, tablets and workstations-on-wheels (WOWs). Healthcare workers can improve the patient experience by easily adjusting the scanner to “night” mode - limiting the lights and sounds emanating from the CS4070-HC to avoid disturbing resting patients.
- The CS4070-HC companion scanner can quickly capture virtually any bar code with Motorola’s most advanced imaging engine - whether it is displayed on a screen or on curved reflective surfaces, such as vials, syringes and IV bags.
- The ergonomic CS4070-HC scanner is one of the smallest and lightest devices in its class and can be worn on a lanyard around the neck or tucked in a pocket. The field-replaceable battery holds enough power for a full 12-hour shift and an LED indicator lets healthcare workers know how much charge is left.
- Healthcare organizations can use the CS4070-HC scanner for medication administration, asset tracking, lab specimen labeling and processing along with transfusion administration.
- The durable CS4070-HC scanner comes with IP52 sealing and a specially designed, disinfectant-ready plastic housing allowing it to be safely wiped down with a variety of harsh chemicals that help prevent the spread of germs.
- Motorola’s Service from the Start Advance Exchange support provides coverage for normal wear and tear as well as accidental breakage and can prevent unexpected repair costs.
David J. Dean, president, ACS MediHealth - a Motorola Solutions
PartnerEmpower Gold Partner
"Motorola Solutions' pocket-sized CS4070-HC companion scanner is a powerful tool that can benefit nurses for their daily scanning needs and are often challenged with carrying multiple products as they conduct medication verification and distribution."
Bob Sanders, senior vice president of Data Capture Solutions,
“Motorola Solutions designed the disinfectant-ready CS4070-HC wireless bar code scanner to meet the needs of both patients and healthcare workers. By providing an easy-to-use, pocket-sized bar code scanner that offers superior ergonomics, omnidirectional scanning and ’do not disturb’ modes, Motorola is helping hospitals improve patient safety and the patient experience.”
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Oct. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,505
Oct. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,302
Oct. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,851
Oct. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,531
Oct. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,089
Oct. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 823
Oct. 24, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,059
Oct. 24, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,492
Oct. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,685
Oct. 24, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,671
Oct. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,311
Oct. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,478
Oct. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,146
Oct. 24, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 855
DevOps is speeding towards the IT world like a freight train and the hype around it is deafening. There is no reason to be afraid of this change as it is the natural reaction to the agile movement that revolutionized development just a few years ago. By definition, DevOps is the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. The relevance of this has yet to be quantified but it has been suggested that the route to the CEO’s chair will come from the IT leaders that successfully ma...
Oct. 24, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 16,450