|By Business Wire||
|July 28, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
GigaSpaces Technologies today announced it has completely re-architected its Cloudify offering to provide Intelligent Orchestration of applications on the cloud. With this product rewrite, the new Cloudify orchestration platform simplifies the application deployment, management and scaling experience on OpenStack, VMware vSphere and other clouds and environments.
In current orchestration models, most tools focus primarily on application installation, while much of application management occurs after deployment. As a result, vast custom tool chains are often used to manually manage post-deployment processes such as monitoring and logging, leading to significant overhead, complexity and inconsistency across systems. Cloudify’s redesign provides a simple solution for managing the full application lifecycle. The new intelligent orchestration model introduces a feedback loop that automates fixes and updates without manual intervention, all with a single platform that integrates with any tool chain. Cloudify 3.0 reduces the complexity of cloud application management and ensures that managed applications meet their desired SLA.
“To deliver this next generation, intelligent orchestration, we needed to rethink Cloudify’s design,” said Yaron Parasol, VP of Product at GigaSpaces. “With a new language of code, adoption of industry standards and development of scalable and custom workflows, we created something that few are doing today - orchestration of the entire app lifecycle that encompasses both pre-deployment and post-deployment management with a single platform.”
- New intelligence in orchestration: Cloudify 3.0 eliminates the boundaries between orchestration and monitoring, providing a mechanism that automatically reacts to monitored events with appropriate corrective measures. Version 3.0 includes these building blocks of custom workflows, a workflow engine and a modeling language that enables the automation of any process and any stack. The subsequent release (due in Q4 2014) will introduce monitoring and custom policies for automated triggering of such corrective measures to provide auto-healing and auto-scaling capabilities.
- Integrating the entire automation and monitoring tool chain: Cloudify 3.0 brings together a variety of tools that are used throughout the various stages of the application lifecycle. In doing so, Cloudify promotes common industry best practices, making it easy to integrate and use best-of-breed tools to manage the environment. Cloudify has a new plug-in architecture that enables easy integration of a wide range of tools for monitoring, configuration management and cloud infrastructure. Examples of such integration include Chef, Puppet, Fabric and Docker for configuration management, OpenStack Heat for infrastructure orchestration, logstash and Elasticsearch for logging and monitoring, and Reimann.IO for real-time analytics.
- Native integration with OpenStack: As OpenStack is fast becoming the de facto standard for private clouds, Cloudify 3.0 offers even tighter integration with OpenStack technology and core services, including KeyStone, Neutron, Nova and Heat. The underlying design of Cloudify was re-architected to match the design principles of OpenStack services, including the rewriting of the core services in Python and leveraging common infrastructure building blocks such as RabbitMQ.
- Support for VMware, CloudStack, SoftLayer and other clouds: Cloudify 3.0 contains built-in plug-ins for VMware vSphere and Apache CloudStack, and will soon have plug-ins for vCloud and SoftLayer. It comes with open plug-in architecture to support other clouds, including Amazon AWS, GCE and Linux containers such as Docker (plug-ins for all of which will be released in the coming few weeks). With Cloudify 3.0, users can span the same application across multiple cloud environments without creating a new Cloudify setup per environment. This is useful for users who are transitioning from their existing environment into a cloud environment and also for allowing bursting and hybrid deployments between OpenStack, VMware, Amazon and other clouds.
- New topology-driven monitoring: Cloudify 3.0 introduces a new concept of topology-driven monitoring in which the entire application management and tracking system is centralized around the application topology, rather than the infrastructure. This makes it possible at any given moment to track not only the state of the application, but also the status of deployment, updates and scaling processes through a single view. As the monitoring system is integrated with the orchestration engine, the two systems are always in sync and up to date, eliminating the need to rely on external discover services.
- Support for the TOSCA specification: TOSCA (Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications) allows users to describe any set of automation processes on cloud applications with an extendable set of hooks and component types. Cloudify 3.0 uses a YAML-based orchestration template driven by the TOSCA specification. The next release of Cloudify will include full syntax compatibility with the TOSCA specification as soon as it becomes officially supported.
- Multiple applications that can span thousands of nodes: Cloudify 3.0 allows for management and monitoring of large scale applications using a message broker to manage the communication with its managed instances and a logging and analysis engine for big data scale.
GigaSpaces Technologies provides software middleware for deployment, management and scaling of mission-critical applications on cloud environments through two main product lines, XAP In-Memory Computing and Cloudify. Hundreds of Tier-1 organizations worldwide are leveraging GigaSpaces’ technology to enhance IT efficiency and performance, from top financial firms, e-commerce companies, online gaming providers, healthcare organizations and telecom carriers.
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 26, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,186
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Mar. 26, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,582
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 26, 2017 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 613
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 26, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,297
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 26, 2017 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,002
SYS-CON Events announced today that SD Times | BZ Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and commercial UAV markets.
Mar. 26, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,294
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 26, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,953
Now that the world has connected “things,” we need to build these devices as truly intelligent in order to create instantaneous and precise results. This means you have to do as much of the processing at the point of entry as you can: at the edge. The killer use cases for IoT are becoming manifest through AI engines on edge devices. An autonomous car has this dual edge/cloud analytics model, producing precise, real-time results. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Crupi, Vice President and Eng...
Mar. 26, 2017 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,879
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 26, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,995
Historically, some banking activities such as trading have been relying heavily on analytics and cutting edge algorithmic tools. The coming of age of powerful data analytics solutions combined with the development of intelligent algorithms have created new opportunities for financial institutions. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sebastien Meunier, Head of Digital for North America at Chappuis Halder & Co., will discuss how these tools can be leveraged to develop a lasting competitive advanta...
Mar. 26, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,698
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 26, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,890
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 26, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,177
While DevOps most critically and famously fosters collaboration, communication, and integration through cultural change, culture is more of an output than an input. In order to actively drive cultural evolution, organizations must make substantial organizational and process changes, and adopt new technologies, to encourage a DevOps culture. Moderated by Andi Mann, panelists discussed how to balance these three pillars of DevOps, where to focus attention (and resources), where organizations might...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,172
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, provided the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” used open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees learned where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructure. The...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 7,315
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,881