|By Business Wire||
|July 28, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
GigaSpaces Technologies today announced it has completely re-architected its Cloudify offering to provide Intelligent Orchestration of applications on the cloud. With this product rewrite, the new Cloudify orchestration platform simplifies the application deployment, management and scaling experience on OpenStack, VMware vSphere and other clouds and environments.
In current orchestration models, most tools focus primarily on application installation, while much of application management occurs after deployment. As a result, vast custom tool chains are often used to manually manage post-deployment processes such as monitoring and logging, leading to significant overhead, complexity and inconsistency across systems. Cloudify’s redesign provides a simple solution for managing the full application lifecycle. The new intelligent orchestration model introduces a feedback loop that automates fixes and updates without manual intervention, all with a single platform that integrates with any tool chain. Cloudify 3.0 reduces the complexity of cloud application management and ensures that managed applications meet their desired SLA.
“To deliver this next generation, intelligent orchestration, we needed to rethink Cloudify’s design,” said Yaron Parasol, VP of Product at GigaSpaces. “With a new language of code, adoption of industry standards and development of scalable and custom workflows, we created something that few are doing today - orchestration of the entire app lifecycle that encompasses both pre-deployment and post-deployment management with a single platform.”
- New intelligence in orchestration: Cloudify 3.0 eliminates the boundaries between orchestration and monitoring, providing a mechanism that automatically reacts to monitored events with appropriate corrective measures. Version 3.0 includes these building blocks of custom workflows, a workflow engine and a modeling language that enables the automation of any process and any stack. The subsequent release (due in Q4 2014) will introduce monitoring and custom policies for automated triggering of such corrective measures to provide auto-healing and auto-scaling capabilities.
- Integrating the entire automation and monitoring tool chain: Cloudify 3.0 brings together a variety of tools that are used throughout the various stages of the application lifecycle. In doing so, Cloudify promotes common industry best practices, making it easy to integrate and use best-of-breed tools to manage the environment. Cloudify has a new plug-in architecture that enables easy integration of a wide range of tools for monitoring, configuration management and cloud infrastructure. Examples of such integration include Chef, Puppet, Fabric and Docker for configuration management, OpenStack Heat for infrastructure orchestration, logstash and Elasticsearch for logging and monitoring, and Reimann.IO for real-time analytics.
- Native integration with OpenStack: As OpenStack is fast becoming the de facto standard for private clouds, Cloudify 3.0 offers even tighter integration with OpenStack technology and core services, including KeyStone, Neutron, Nova and Heat. The underlying design of Cloudify was re-architected to match the design principles of OpenStack services, including the rewriting of the core services in Python and leveraging common infrastructure building blocks such as RabbitMQ.
- Support for VMware, CloudStack, SoftLayer and other clouds: Cloudify 3.0 contains built-in plug-ins for VMware vSphere and Apache CloudStack, and will soon have plug-ins for vCloud and SoftLayer. It comes with open plug-in architecture to support other clouds, including Amazon AWS, GCE and Linux containers such as Docker (plug-ins for all of which will be released in the coming few weeks). With Cloudify 3.0, users can span the same application across multiple cloud environments without creating a new Cloudify setup per environment. This is useful for users who are transitioning from their existing environment into a cloud environment and also for allowing bursting and hybrid deployments between OpenStack, VMware, Amazon and other clouds.
- New topology-driven monitoring: Cloudify 3.0 introduces a new concept of topology-driven monitoring in which the entire application management and tracking system is centralized around the application topology, rather than the infrastructure. This makes it possible at any given moment to track not only the state of the application, but also the status of deployment, updates and scaling processes through a single view. As the monitoring system is integrated with the orchestration engine, the two systems are always in sync and up to date, eliminating the need to rely on external discover services.
- Support for the TOSCA specification: TOSCA (Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications) allows users to describe any set of automation processes on cloud applications with an extendable set of hooks and component types. Cloudify 3.0 uses a YAML-based orchestration template driven by the TOSCA specification. The next release of Cloudify will include full syntax compatibility with the TOSCA specification as soon as it becomes officially supported.
- Multiple applications that can span thousands of nodes: Cloudify 3.0 allows for management and monitoring of large scale applications using a message broker to manage the communication with its managed instances and a logging and analysis engine for big data scale.
GigaSpaces Technologies provides software middleware for deployment, management and scaling of mission-critical applications on cloud environments through two main product lines, XAP In-Memory Computing and Cloudify. Hundreds of Tier-1 organizations worldwide are leveraging GigaSpaces’ technology to enhance IT efficiency and performance, from top financial firms, e-commerce companies, online gaming providers, healthcare organizations and telecom carriers.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Agema Systems will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Agema Systems is the leading provider of critical white-box rack solutions to data centers through the major integrators and value added distribution channels.
Oct. 4, 2015 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 618
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, ...
Oct. 4, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 352
While testing is often ignored when it comes to DevOps - it could be the most important aspect of achieving true DevOps success. Without rethinking automated testing from the ground-up, the entire DevOps productivity gain cannot be realized. Large tech companies build their own rapid test automation that runs in minutes across functional, performance, security and other tests. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Surace, CEO of Appvance, will discuss how we learn from these real-world succe...
Oct. 4, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 379
SYS-CON Events announced today that Machkey International Company will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Machkey provides advanced connectivity solutions for just about everyone. Businesses or individuals, Machkey is dedicated to provide high-quality and cost-effective products to meet all your needs.
Oct. 4, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 265
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Oct. 4, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 207
SYS-CON Events announced today that VividCortex, the monitoring solution for the modern data system, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The database is the heart of most applications, but it’s also the part that’s hardest to scale, monitor, and optimize even as it’s growing 50% year over year. VividCortex is the first unified suite of database monitoring tools specifically desi...
Oct. 4, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 336
“The Internet of Things transforms the way organizations leverage machine data and gain insights from it,” noted Splunk’s CTO Snehal Antani, as Splunk announced accelerated momentum in Industrial Data and the IoT. The trend is driven by Splunk’s continued investment in its products and partner ecosystem as well as the creativity of customers and the flexibility to deploy Splunk IoT solutions as software, cloud services or in a hybrid environment. Customers are using Splunk® solutions to collect ...
Oct. 4, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 557
SYS-CON Events announced today that JFrog, maker of Artifactory, the popular Binary Repository Manager, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based in California, Israel and France, founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog, creator of Artifactory and Bintray, has provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and a software distribution social platform.
Oct. 4, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 478
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, provider of leading network visibility and monitoring solutions, will exhibit at the 17th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading provider of high speed networking solutions focused on Gigabit, 10 Gigabit, 40 Gigabit and 100 Gigabit Ethernet network access and connectivity products. For over 20 ye...
Oct. 4, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 628
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Oct. 4, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 715
SYS-CON Events announced today that Harbinger Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Harbinger Systems is a global company providing software technology services. Since 1990, Harbinger has developed a strong customer base worldwide. Its customers include software product companies ranging from hi-tech start-ups in Silicon Valley to leading product companies in the US a...
Oct. 4, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 724
Interested in leveraging automation technologies and a cloud architecture to make developers more productive? Learn how PaaS can benefit your organization to help you streamline your application development, allow you to use existing infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies. Begin charting your path to PaaS with OpenShift Enterprise.
Oct. 4, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 315
Clutch is now a Docker Authorized Consulting Partner, having completed Docker's certification course on the "Docker Accelerator for CI Engagements." More info about Clutch's success implementing Docker can be found here. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and achieve 2...
Oct. 4, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 380
SYS-CON Events announced today that Key Information Systems, Inc. (KeyInfo), a leading cloud and infrastructure provider offering integrated solutions to enterprises, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Key Information Systems is a leading regional systems integrator with world-class compute, storage and networking solutions and professional services for the most advanced softwa...
Oct. 4, 2015 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 280
As enterprises capture more and more data of all types – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured – data discovery requirements for business intelligence (BI), Big Data, and predictive analytics initiatives grow more complex. A company’s ability to become data-driven and compete on analytics depends on the speed with which it can provision their analytics applications with all relevant information. The task of finding data has traditionally resided with IT, but now organizations increasingl...
Oct. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 361