|By Marketwired .||
|July 28, 2014 09:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/28/14 -- The Xen Project Collaborative Project hosted at the Linux Foundation today announced the presenters and full program for the Xen Project User Summit that gathers developers, integrators and power users for in-person collaboration and educational instruction. The event will take place in New York City on September 15, 2014.
This year's summit will present the most relevant topics to Xen Project users and integrators, with an emphasis on new and cutting-edge topics related to cloud and enterprise deployments. It will also cover security topics, high availability, and lessons from actual rollouts in business.
"Xen Project hypervisor is used by millions of savvy, cutting-edge users, integrators, commercial software providers, cloud operators and global Fortune 500 institutions around the world today," said Lars Kurth, Xen Project Advisory Board Chairman. "Through years of development and deployment in the most demanding enterprise environments, Xen's maturity and stability is second to none. This summit is an excellent chance to learn first-hand the benefits of deploying Xen Project virtualization in a wide range of mobile, cloud, desktop, hardware appliances and embedded products."
Following are confirmed speakers and presentations to be discussed in New York:
- Konrad Wilk, Xen Project 4.5 Release Manager, Oracle Corporation -- reports on the advances and features to be included in the upcoming Xen Project 4.5 release;
- Peter Linnell, Linux Technical Specialist, SUSE - gives an overview and demo of Xen Project software in OpenStack with SUSE Cloud;
- Don Marti, Technical Marketing Manager, Cloudius Systems - instructs how to deploy C and Java applications directly on Xen Project virtualization using OSv;
- Olivier Lambert, founder of the Xen Orchestra Project, Vates -- discusses Xen Orchestra, a web-based interface for the Xen Project Hypervisor, as well as XenServer using the XAPI toolkit.
- Steven Maresca, Senior Security Engineer, Zentific LLC -- talks about Zazen, a security framework for the cloud that uses several of Xen Project software's latest features to deliver VM security;
- Johnny Hughes, CentOS Project - outlines using and understanding Xen4CentOS and shares the latest developments with the CentOS Virtualization SIG;
- Grant McWilliams, Custom Product Engineer, Sound Linux Training and Consulting -- discusses the lessons learned from provisioning a large numbers of XAPI-based security appliances;
- Russell Pavlicek, Xen Project Evangelist - describes many of the advanced security features with Xen Project software that can be used in either traditional virtualization environments or a cloud;
- Will Auld, Performance Architect, Intel Corporation -- introduces a high availability project called COLO, (COarse-grain LOck-stepping virtual machine solution for non-stop service);
- Tim Mackey, XenServer Community Manager, Citrix - presents XenServer.org one year later and a look at the next release;
- Adam Wick, Technical Director, Systems Software, Galois Inc. - defines what "unikernels" (sometimes called "cloud operating systems") are, why they are important to the future of cloud computing, and when and where to use them;
- Lars Kurth, Xen Project Advisory Board Chairman, Citrix - reports on the activities of the Xen Project Advisory Board, as well as the development community.
For more information about Xen Project User Summit, including how to register and to view the complete schedule, visit: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/xen-project-user-summit.
About Xen Project
Xen Project software is an open source virtualization platform licensed under the GPLv2 with a similar governance structure to the Linux kernel. Designed from the start for cloud computing, the Project has more than a decade of development and is being used by more than 10 million users. A Collaborative Project at The Linux Foundation, the Xen Project community is focused on advancing virtualization in a number of different commercial and open source applications including server virtualization, Infrastructure as a Services (IaaS), desktop virtualization, security applications, embedded and hardware appliances. It counts many industry and open source community leaders among its members including: Amazon Web Services, AMD, ARM, Bromium, CA Technologies, Cavium, Cisco, Citrix, Google, Intel, NetApp, Oracle, Rackspace, and Verizon Terremark. For more information about the Xen Project software and to participate, please visit XenProject.org.
The Xen Project
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,386
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Sep. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,753
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,333
Sep. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,936
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,364
Sep. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 445
Sep. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,180
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,521
Sep. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,613
Sep. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,773
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,763
Sep. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,961
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,157
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,938
Sep. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,613