|By Business Wire||
|July 28, 2014 09:33 AM EDT||
Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that Oberto Brands, the nation’s second largest producer of beef jerky, continues to rely on Aerohive’s secure and robust controller-less Wi-Fi and intuitive network management solutions to enable true mobility across all distribution, warehouse and store locations.
- Oberto was founded in Seattle in 1918 by Italian immigrants and is the second largest producer of beef jerky in the nation. The company makes and markets more than 400 varieties of dried meat products, with annual revenue of $220M. Oberto’s products are available nationwide across the US and in Canada throughout supermarkets, club, convenience and mass-merchandising stores.
- To meet consumer demand, Oberto recently expanded its warehouse and production facilities to Nashville, Tennessee. With this new addition, the company quickly realized it needed a controller-less, wireless solution that could host all of its locations across one network with remote management.
- Originally, Oberto had Cisco equipment in place, but required an upgrade due to limited capabilities. Specifically, this system lacked the ability to fully leverage Oberto’s hand-held, mobile scan devices in warehouse and production environments. With plans to double its hand-held devices over the next year for greater inventory tracking and management, coupled with the expansion, the company needed a reliable and robust Wi-Fi solution.
- Oberto considered solutions from Cisco and Meraki, but ultimately chose Aerohive for its easy-to-manage, cloud-enabled controller-less architecture. The company set up two separate networks – one for corporate use, including the production and warehouse facilities, and a guest network.
- Oberto chose Aerohive’s AP350, AP330 and AP170 access points to deploy throughout its various operations. Additionally, Oberto implemented Aerohive’s HiveOS® platform for spectrum analysis, which allowed the company to better troubleshoot and identify areas of interference. Guided configuration settings have made it simple and easy for the company to set up and configure its network across all geographic locations.
- Oberto is also leveraging Aerohive’s HiveManager® Online Network Management System for cloud management, enabling seamless automatic updates and features and eliminating IT headaches.
- With Aerohive, Oberto now has a comprehensive wireless network in place in all office and warehouse locations, with superior bandwidth and connectivity. As a result, Oberto employees are now able to use hand-held devices wirelessly 100 percent of the time to scan, weigh, track and finally compile metrics of their products.
- To read the full Oberto case study, please visit: http://www.aerohive.com/resources/oberto
“We have not had one instance where HiveManager was unavailable or experienced issues,” said Robert Hendricks, system administrator at Oberto. “Being able to monitor bandwidth, device level, types of traffic and other diagnostics has been incredibly helpful to our operations at Oberto. A lot of solutions work great, but it’s the little things that make a difference; I wholeheartedly recommend any company requiring enterprise Wi-Fi to check out Aerohive.”
“Oberto, like many of our customers, faced the unique challenge of addressing mobility and reliability to support its mobile scanning production devices,” explains David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “We were able to combat these network issues and equip the company with a truly unified, cost-effective wireless solution. We look forward to continuing to provide Oberto with secure, robust Wi-Fi to support its next-generation mobility needs for years to come.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE:HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers, and grow their business. Deployed in over 14,000 enterprises worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver unified, intelligent, simplified and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive,” HiveOS and HiveManager are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Jul. 25, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 982
Jul. 25, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 939
Jul. 25, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,682
Jul. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 395
Jul. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,969
Jul. 25, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 850
Jul. 25, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 860
Jul. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 943
Jul. 25, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,907
Jul. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,927
Jul. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 450
Jul. 25, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,670
Jul. 25, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,817
Jul. 25, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 894
As companies gain momentum, the need to maintain high quality products can outstrip their development team’s bandwidth for QA. Building out a large QA team (whether in-house or outsourced) can slow down development and significantly increases costs. This eBook takes QA profiles from 5 companies who successfully scaled up production without building a large QA team and includes: What to consider when choosing CI/CD tools How culture and communication can make or break implementation
Jul. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,581