|By Business Wire||
|July 28, 2014 09:42 AM EDT||
Today NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association, ITTA – the Voice of Mid-Size Carriers, and Telecompetitor announced the sponsor lineup for BroadbandVision show, to be held October 1-3, 2014, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. The conference and expo will outline key broadband monetization issues facing telcos, cable providers, wireless Internet companies, utilities and municipalities. BroadbandVision attendees will gain valuable insight into the opportunities for success at every layer of the broadband carrier ecosystem.
NRTC, Broadband Communities, and Team Lightbulb are the most recent additions to the lineup of companies that have signed on to sponsor BroadbandVision. The full list of sponsors include:
- Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society - a world leader in communications technology and services. The company has long-term relationships with every major telecom operator in the world.
Pre-Conference Workshop sponsors:
- Frontier Secure offers innovative products and services to protect every aspect of digital life, including computer security, cloud backup & sharing, identity protection, equipment protection and 24/7 premium U.S.-based technical support.
- NISC is an industry leader providing advanced, integrated IT solutions for consumer and subscriber billing, accounting, engineering and operations, as well as many other leading-edge IT solutions.
- Allied Telesis is a world-class leader in delivering Broadband IP/Ethernet network solutions to the global marketplace.
- ANPI is a premier communications provider offering an advanced Hosted Unified Communications solution for both businesses and carriers (as a private label product), as well as wholesale long distance, tandem access and SS7 solutions.
- Finley Engineering offers professional engineering, project management, surveying, mapping, environmental and right-of-way services to the telecommunications, cable television, fiber optics, electric power transmission and distribution, gas pipeline and related industries.
- JSI provides financial, management, regulatory, business development, marketing, strategic planning and training services to ILECs, CLECs, video and broadband providers and other telecom companies. JSI can assist with forecasting, competitive pricing/bundling, new business assessment, operational reform, strategic partnerships, mergers/acquisitions and more.
- NetAmerica Alliance, in alliance with its members, takes customers and communities across the next communications frontier. It has the programs, services, infrastructure, capabilities, and personnel in place to allow providers and customers to optimize their 4G LTE experience.
- NRTC, The National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative, represents the advanced telecommunications and information technology interests of 1,500 rural utilities and affiliates in 48 states. The organization helps rural electric and telephone utilities strengthen their businesses with products, services and solutions uniquely suited to the needs of rural consumers.
- ZTE USA is a subsidiary of ZTE Corporation, an end-to-end telecommunications solution company. ZTE is a global leader in IPTV, OTT, STB, Home Gateway, xPON, ODN and LTE solutions. Its IPTV Middleware, VOD Server, STB, PON, and CPE global deployment are ranked #1 world-wide.
BroadbandVision is also supported by a group of Association/Media Sponsors including, Broadband Communities, FierceOnlineVideo, FierceWirelessTech, HomeGrid Forum, HomePlug Alliance, IPTV Magazine, ITTA – the Voice of Mid-Size Carriers, MoCA, NTCA- The Rural Broadband Association, Parks Associates, Team Lightbulb, Telecompetitor, The Fiber to the Home (FTTH) Council Americas, The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) and Wi-Fi Alliance.
“As the broadband carrier industry continues to evolve, companies are successfully reinventing their products and services to ensure that they are meeting the demands of the market and the needs of their customers,” said Bernie Arnason, chair of BroadbandVision. “The companies sponsoring BroadbandVision show are on the cutting edge of the latest technologies and developments within the broadband space and their support and participation in the event will prove to be a unique value-add to our attendees.”
Registration for BroadbandVision Show is now open. Contact Tocia Johnson at 240-482-8130 for more information. Companies interested in exhibiting or sponsorship packages for BroadbandVision should contact Paul McPherson at 240-463-1700.
BroadbandVision is North America’s leading Fall tradeshow focused on building mindshare, introducing new ideas, and facilitating business relationships across the entire broadband ecosystem. Produced by NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association, ITTA and Telecompetitor, BroadbandVision is assembling a broad cross-section of telco, cable, utility/municipal, and wireless Internet service providers to introduce, discuss, and demonstrate best practices for broadband network monetization success.
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,282
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,262
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,233
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 4, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,156
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 4, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,176
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 4, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 389
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, will show how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningfu...
May. 4, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,032
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 4, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 816
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 4, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,244
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 4, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 391
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 4, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,333
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, will shares the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
May. 4, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,184
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 3, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,364
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 3, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 389