|By Marketwired .||
|July 28, 2014 02:00 PM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/28/14 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Cloudwatt, a new-generation European public cloud provider, has deployed OpenContrail to improve network operation efficiency and ensure data sovereignty and security for its large-scale cloud deployment.
OpenContrail is an open source project initiated by Juniper Networks in September 2013 to foster innovation in software-defined networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and to help drive adoption of cloud computing.
As part of a company-wide mission to build a sovereign and secure public cloud for its enterprise customers, Cloudwatt needed a production-ready SDN solution that could seamlessly integrate with its existing network infrastructure, be transparent to achieve regulatory compliance, and meet the security and privacy requirements of its customers.
Cloudwatt collaborated closely with OpenContrail engineers at Juniper Networks over several months to complete the integration of OpenContrail and Cloudwatt's cloud orchestration system. The partnership resulted in the successful large-scale deployment of Cloudwatt's production public cloud environment, which went into production as planned on June 30, 2014.
Built upon open and proven protocols, OpenContrail enables Cloudwatt to innovate, adopt and experiment with SDN technology to maintain full control of customization and optimization of its network infrastructure.
- By leveraging OpenContrail, Cloudwatt is able to greatly expedite its cloud deployment, simplify network operations, seamlessly connect virtual and physical environments as well as scale out its cloud environment.
- OpenContrail's advanced operational tools such as introspect provide rich analytics, real-time monitoring, diagnostics and troubleshooting, enabling Cloudwatt to improve efficiencies and reduce OpEx.
- Cloudwatt is one of the most active contributors to the OpenContrail community to-date.
"The OpenContrail solution is simple yet powerful, reflecting the strong cloud and networking genes of the founding engineers at Juniper Networks and the open source community at large. The choice of an open source SDN solution was essential for us from a sovereignty perspective. By integrating OpenContrail with our choice of cloud management platform, OpenStack, we can greatly simplify our cloud network design and operations, seamlessly connect virtual and physical environments and scale out our cloud without compromising security and privacy. Ultimately, OpenContrail makes it possible for us to enhance sovereignty, contain network operation cost and to provide competitive pricing to our customers."
- Didier Renard, president and CEO, Cloudwatt
"Juniper's heritage is built on a firm belief that open source and open standards create a virtuous cycle of innovation and investment. Our partnership with Cloudwatt and their commitment to the OpenContrail community is a testament to the business opportunity that can be achieved through an open approach to SDN combined with co-creation between a vendor and an advanced customer. For Cloud Builders, for whom the cloud is a key business enabler, Juniper believes the path to the cloud should not be disruptive and we provide the best network for that journey."
- Ankur Singla, corporate vice president and general manager, cloud software, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks Contrail: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/sdn/contrail/
- OpenContrail: http://opencontrail.org/developer-spotlight/developer_spotlight_jul_2014/
- OpenContrail on Twitter @OpenContrail: https://twitter.com/opencontrail
- OpenContrail on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/opencontrail
- Juniper.net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
May. 31, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,032
May. 31, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,340
May. 31, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,180
May. 31, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,369
May. 31, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,577
May. 31, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,426
May. 31, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,067
May. 31, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,111
May. 31, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,530
May. 31, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,432
May. 31, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,422
May. 31, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,566
May. 31, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,461
May. 31, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,785
May. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,477