|By Marketwired .||
|July 29, 2014 07:12 AM EDT||
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwired) -- 07/29/14 -- After a winter that made the record books for all the wrong reasons, Chicago gears up for the month that makes it all worthwhile -- August. August is glorious in Chicago. Blue skies, sunny days and warm temperatures lure hundreds of thousands of visitors and natives alike. Today ChicagoTraveler.com, a local tourism site, announced its list of 10 Things to Do in Chicago in August. Grab your shades, your sense of adventure and get out there. Summer in Chicago awaits!
1. Lollapalooza - Thousands of music fans pack Grant Park for this three day music extravaganza. Lollapalooza bills itself as a cultural experience that takes place on 115 acres by the Chicago lakefront. The food, fun and music are non-stop. This year's headliners include Eminem, Outkast and Kings of Leon. Aug 1-3
2. Wrigleyville SummerFest - Enjoy a weekend of music, food and fun in one of the Chicago's best-known neighborhoods. A quintessential Chicago street festival on the north side, Wrigleyville SummerFest offers plenty of activities for kids in the Kids' Zone as well as popular bands and entertainment for adults. Aug 2-3
3. The Chicago Air and Water Show - The highlight of the summer for many Chicagoans and visitors alike. The spectacular Air and Water Show is immensely popular. This free event takes place along the lakefront with the best viewing at North Avenue Beach. The U.S. Navy Blue Angels and the U.S. Army Parachute Golden Knights are headlining this year's show. Over 2 million spectators pack the beaches so plan accordingly. Aug 16-17
4. Chicago River Tours - There is no better time than August to get out on the Chicago River and learn a little bit about the beautiful Windy City. Anita Dee Yacht Charters provides travelers with excellent guides, unbeatable sights, and interesting information. The views aren't the only thing that are unbeatable...the prices are too! One hour architectural tour goes for $17, and one hour fireworks cruise goes for $23. Enjoy the day in style!
5. The Chicago Jazz Festival - The city's music scene shines in this four day festival held in Millennium Park. No city does Jazz better than Chicago. This free event showcases unparalleled variety and creativity by some of the best jazz talent in the world. Aug 28-31
6. Street Festivals -
Taste of Polonia:
Celebrate Labor Day Weekend with this four day festival. There is something for everyone, and the music never stops. Thirty-five bands, vendors, climbing wall, bounce houses, indoor Casino and Bingo, and the best of Polish food and beer keep adults and kids happy. Everyone is Polish at Taste of Polonia. Aug 29-Sept 1 Adults $7, Kids under 12 free
Art Dans La Rue:
Get the beauty of Europe here in the streets of Chicago! Art Dans La Rue offers art, food, wine, music and dancing and everything else European. Activities include French lessons, wine tastings, gelato, a poodle parade, and other incredible events. Festival takes place on Marion Street, between Lake and North Blvd. from 12 - 9pm.
7. Tall Ship Windy - One of the best ways to view Chicago is from the water. The 148 ft. Tall Ship Windy is modeled after historical topsail schooners. This 4-masted majestic ship offers a variety of daily sailing tours including educational, architectural and even pirate adventures. There is nothing more fun for both kids and parents than a Tall Ship Windy adventure. Learn the mysteries of the Great Lakes on the Spirit Ships and Haunted Harbors sail, or experience the stories of real pirates on the Real Pirates of the Inland Sea tour -- you can't go wrong!
8. Tastebud Food Tours - Chicago is known for its food, and this walking tour takes you to five or six locations for a tasting of the best in Chicago eats. Guides lead you through the city streets highlighting architecture, interesting facts and of course, the food. The deep dish pizza and Chicago style hot dog are must bites. Come hungry and don't ask for ketchup!
9. Summer Concerts in August - Chicago is featuring some of the best names in music with a wide variety of concerts in August. Tori Amos, Katy Perry, Echo & the Bunnymen, Miley Cyrus, Cage the Elephant, Motley Crue, Jason Aldean, Goo Goo Dolls and Daughtry are just some of the headliners set to appear throughout the month. Find more concerts and Chicago concert tickets here.
10. Navy Pier Fireworks - No visit to Chicago is complete without a day spent at Navy Pier. The historic pier extends almost a mile out into Lake Michigan. With theaters, shops, restaurants, museums, shows and the massive Ferris Wheel, there is always something happening at the Pier. But far and away, the most popular event is the Navy Pier Fireworks. The free fireworks show happens every Wednesday and Saturday night through the end of August. Whether you watch them from the lakefront or from the water, the fireworks are a perfect ending to a magical summer night.
Whatever your tastes in food, music or adventure, Chicago has an August option for you. The best month, in one of the world's premier cities, is waiting for you. Chicago in August is not to be missed!
Chicago is one of the top vacation destinations in America famous for its unique character, annual events, popular foods, and architecture top sports teams. ChicagoTraveler.com guides travelers to all the best things to do, top places to eat and deals on the best places to stay in Chicago.
800 450 7805 ext 10809
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 940
Cloud analytics is dramatically altering business intelligence. Some businesses will capitalize on these promising new technologies and gain key insights that’ll help them gain competitive advantage. And others won’t. Whether you’re a business leader, an IT manager, or an analyst, we want to help you and the people you need to influence with a free copy of “Cloud Analytics for Dummies,” the essential guide to this explosive new space for business intelligence.
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 667
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,111
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,638
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 650
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,091
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 892
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 25, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,979
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) has announced that NoviFlow Inc.has deployed IxNetwork® to validate the company’s designs and accelerate the delivery of its proven, reliable products. Based in Montréal, NoviFlow Inc. supports network carriers, hyperscale data center operators, and enterprises seeking greater network control and flexibility, network scalability, and the capacity to handle extremely large numbers of flows, while maintaining maximum network performance. To meet these requirements, NoviFlow in...
Jul. 25, 2016 09:12 AM EDT Reads: 184
SaaS companies can greatly expand revenue potential by pushing beyond their own borders. The challenge is how to do this without degrading service quality. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director at Anexia, discussed how IaaS providers with a global presence and both virtual and dedicated infrastructure can help companies expand their service footprint with low “go-to-market” costs.
Jul. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,324
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:50 AM EDT Reads: 224
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,048
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,265
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it is the most popular among the new wave of databases running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Advocate, Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,556
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 693