|By An Bui||
|July 29, 2014 07:00 AM EDT||
Every DocuSign envelope uses email authentication for security. If you require an extra level of security on your documents, you can add additional authentication methods.
In addition to the standard email authentication, DocuSign provides three authentication methods and allows you to select one or two additional authentication options for each envelope recipient. You can use different authentication options for each recipient.
When using the Access Code Authentication option, signers must enter an access code you've created prior to viewing the document.This is a common form of additional authentication.
For more information on other Signer Authentication options, please review Signer Authentication Options.
To add an access code to an envelope as a sender, follow these steps:
- Create a new envelope.
- Add documents to the envelope normally.
- Add a recipient normally.
- Click on the Identify drop-down to select the authentication option you want to use for the recipient.
- Click to enable the Access Code field, then enter the desired access code (access codes can include upper case or lower case letters, numbers, and special characters).
Note: You must provide this access code to your recipient. It is recommended that you provide the code over the phone or using some other secure method. There is no additional fee for using this authentication check. The maximum length of an Access Code is 50 characters.
- Add any other recipients for the envelope.
Note: You are not required to set any security options for the other recipients.
- Add the Email Subject and any Email messages, select any Envelope Settings, add tags to the documents, and complete sending your envelope normally.
The envelope is sent and any recipient with an active security option must complete the authentication before they can access the envelope.
To view an envelope that requires an access code as a signer, follow these steps:
- Open the DocuSign notification email from the sender and click View Documents.
- Enter the code provided to you by the sender, then click Validate.
Note: You have three attempts to enter the code. If you fail to enter the correct code on the third attempt, the sender will be notified and must resend the document. If you have not received the code or lost it, click I never received an access code to prompt the sender to resend it.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,403
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,566
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,568
Jul. 23, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,869
Jul. 23, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,936
Jul. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
Jul. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,637
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,764
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,010
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,408
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,777
Jul. 23, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,661
Jul. 23, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,864
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 860
"We view the cloud not really as a specific technology but as a way of doing business and that way of doing business is transforming the way software, infrastructure and services are being delivered to business," explained Matthew Rosen, CEO and Director at Fusion, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,426