|By Marketwired .||
|July 29, 2014 01:41 PM EDT||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/29/14 -- August is the month to honor the lighthouse with not one, but two celebrations. August 7th is National Lighthouse Day (this year marks the 25th anniversary) and International Lighthouse and Lightship Weekend falls each year on the third full weekend of the month. The lighthouse has served as a guiding light for many sailors. However, due to modern technology, many of these beacons are no longer required for their original maritime purposes and have since been beautifully transformed into rustic, and often remote, vacation spots. The travel experts at Cheapflights.com, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, reveal their Top 11 Lighthouse Inns featuring coastal accommodations with spectacular seaside views, cozy atmospheres and the sound of waves to lull you to sleep each night.
To celebrate safe passages and scenic views, here are six picturesque lighthouse inns around the world to make our list:
- Belle Tout Lighthouse in Beachy Head, East Sussex, United Kingdom - Built in 1832, Belle Tout is one of the most famous lighthouses in England. It was owned by the BBC and featured in many TV productions including the James Bond movie "The Living Daylights." Now fully renovated, the lighthouse boasts a stunning 360-degree view of the English Channel from its lantern room and has six themed bedrooms such as "The Captain's Cabin."
- The Lighthouse in Island Bay, Wellington, New Zealand - Located 15 minutes from Wellington city center this lighthouse is an ideal base for walks on the beach or to the seal colony at Red Rocks. It is a perfect venue for a romantic getaway as you will have this small lighthouse with its ground floor kitchen, middle floor bedroom and top floor seating area with a balcony all to yourself.
- Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse, Seal Rocks, Australia - Composed of three beautifully restored lighthouse keepers' cottages, Sugarloaf provides accommodations for groups between four and eight. Located in a sleepy village of Seal Rocks, it is a perfect getaway for water-based activities: swimming, snorkeling, fishing and many others as well as bush trailing in Myall Lakes National Park.
- Haceta Head Lighthouse, Yachats, Oregon, U.S. - To say that Haceta's location is scenic doesn't do it justice. This lighthouse stands midway up a 200-foot headland of a state park and shines the strongest light on the Oregon coast. You can stay in one of six rooms in the lightkeeper's cottage and benefit from the dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean or the lighthouse itself.
- Great Fish Point Lighthouse, Eastern Cape, South Africa - One of South Africa's smallest lighthouses and one of only four you can stay in, Great Fish Point is located close to Port Alfred on Eastern Cape and offers cottage accommodations for up to 12 people. Magnificent views of the Indian Ocean and the proximity of the seaside resort of Port Alfred make this lighthouse a perfect vacation destination.
- West Point Lighthouse, Prince Edward Island, Canada - At 70 feet tall, West Point Lighthouse is one of Prince Edward Island's tallest lighthouses. Built in 1875, this lighthouse was manned until 1962 when the keeper retired. More than a decade later, the beautiful lighthouse was converted into an Inn where people could escape to find harmony. Enjoy a stay at West Point Lighthouse Inn and explore the beautiful beaches, dine on locally caught seafood and just relax as your worries float away. Oh, and keep an eye out for the famous "Phantom Ship"; rumor has it that it is best seen just before a storm rolls in.
The quaint lighthouse accommodations worth discovering that round out our list are: Corsewall Lighthouse Hotel, Kirkcolm, Scotland; Roter Sand Lighthouse, Germany; Rose Island Lighthouse, Newport, Rhode Island, U.S.; Harlingen Lighthouse, Harlingen, The Netherlands; and Molja Lighthouse, Ålesund, Norway. To read the cozy details on these and Cheapflights.com's complete Top 11 Lighthouse Inns, visit www.cheapflights.com/news/top-11-lighthouse-inns.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.com) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/cheapflights
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheapflights
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2647224
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 12, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 242
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 12, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 385
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 12, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 132
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 403
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:45 PM EST
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 192
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principal...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 429
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 12, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 454
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Feb. 12, 2016 02:15 PM EST
As someone who has been dedicated to automation and Application Release Automation (ARA) technology for almost six years now, one of the most common questions I get asked regards Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Specifically, people want to know whether release automation is still needed when a PaaS is in place, and why. Isn't that what a PaaS provides? A solution to the deployment and runtime challenges of an application? Why would anyone using a PaaS then need an automation engine with workflow ...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 234
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 12, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 232