|By PR Newswire||
|July 29, 2014 06:54 PM EDT||
BARUERI, Brazil, July 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cielo S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: CIEL3 / OTCQX: CIOXY) announces today its results for the second quarter of 2014. The Company's consolidated financial statements are presented in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and in accordance with the accounting practices adopted in Brazil.
- Transaction financial volume totaled R$125.3 billion, up 17.9% year-on-year, or R$19.1 billion; and increase of 4.8% compared to 1Q14, or R$5.8 billion;
- Net Operating Revenue of R$1.8 billion, up 13.6% or R$221.0 million year-on-year and increase of 1.3% or R$23.0 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Net revenue from Prepayment of Receivables* totaled R$218.1 million, up 52.4% or R$75.5 million year-on-year and 14.2% or R$27.1 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Prepayment of Receivables reached 17.9%, over the financial volume of credit, up 1.8 p.p. year-on-year and down 0.8 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- EBITDA of R$955.5 million, up 9.3% or R$81.6 million year-on-year and reduction of 4.6% or R$45.9 million quarter-on-quarter;
- EBITDA margin at 51.9%, down 2.0 p.p. year-on-year and 3.2 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's net income totaled R$796.8 million, up 25.9% or R$163.7 million year-on-year and down 0.7% or R$5.9 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's net income margin at 43.3%, up 4.2 p.p. year-on-year and down 0.9 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo and Linx sign a Memorandum of Understanding aimed at setting up a joint venture for the creation and development of an integrated and unique solution (IPOS), which includes commercial automation, management software and electronic payments platform for the Brazilian small retail market.
- Cielo and Smiles sign for a commercial agreement to expand loyalty program in retail;
- By 8th consecutive time Cielo reaches 1st place in the Services category in the ranking from "Maiores e Melhores da Revista Exame" (Biggest and Best from Exame Magazine);
- 2nd place among the Most Innovative Companies in Brazil in the ranking from INFO Exame magazine;
- 16th place in the ranking of Most Valuable Brands in Brazil, prepared by Istoe Dinheiro magazine in a partnership with BrandAnalytics/Milward Brown. Among the 10 brands that have valued the most in 2013;
- Cielo is considered one of the 100 most prestigious brands in Brazil according to the Epoca Negocios magazine;
- Chosen, by 4th consecutive time, among the Best Companies to Start a Career in the Voce S/A magazine guide - Awarded by 4th consecutive time;
- Cielo accompliches 2nd place in the ranking of "The 100 Best in Brazil according to the IGC," of Corporate Governance Index, published by the America Economia magazine.
*Net funding costs revenue (see explanation in management analysis of Prepayment of Receivables Revenue)
Click on the link below to open the earnings release:
2Q14 Earnings Conference Call
July 30, 2014
10:30 a.m. (New York) | 11:30 a.m. (Brasilia)
Toll free USA : +1-888-700-0802
09:00 a.m. (NY) 10:00 a.m. (Brasilia)
Investor Relations Director
SOURCE Cielo S.A.
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Sep. 29, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,115
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,087
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,708
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Sep. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,660
Most of us already know that adopting new cloud applications can boost a business’s productivity by enabling organizations to be more agile and ready to change course in our fast-moving and connected digital world. But the rapid adoption of cloud apps and services also brings with it profound security threats, including visibility and control challenges that aren’t present in traditional on-premises environments. At the same time, the cloud – because of its interconnected, flexible and adaptable...
Sep. 29, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,729
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Sep. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,413
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,485
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Sep. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,275
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
Sep. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,938
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 29, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,181
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 29, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,673
Leading cloud-centric IT organizations are establishing core capabilities to improve productivity, control costs and provide a highly responsive end-user experience. Key steps along this journey include creating an end-user cloud services catalog, automating workflows and provisioning, and implementing IT showback and chargeback. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Jamensky, executive vice president of Products at Embotics, will walk attendees through an in-depth case study of enterprise I...
Sep. 29, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,474
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,681
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 525
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Sep. 29, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,761