|By PR Newswire||
|July 29, 2014 06:54 PM EDT||
BARUERI, Brazil, July 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cielo S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: CIEL3 / OTCQX: CIOXY) announces today its results for the second quarter of 2014. The Company's consolidated financial statements are presented in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and in accordance with the accounting practices adopted in Brazil.
- Transaction financial volume totaled R$125.3 billion, up 17.9% year-on-year, or R$19.1 billion; and increase of 4.8% compared to 1Q14, or R$5.8 billion;
- Net Operating Revenue of R$1.8 billion, up 13.6% or R$221.0 million year-on-year and increase of 1.3% or R$23.0 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Net revenue from Prepayment of Receivables* totaled R$218.1 million, up 52.4% or R$75.5 million year-on-year and 14.2% or R$27.1 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Prepayment of Receivables reached 17.9%, over the financial volume of credit, up 1.8 p.p. year-on-year and down 0.8 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- EBITDA of R$955.5 million, up 9.3% or R$81.6 million year-on-year and reduction of 4.6% or R$45.9 million quarter-on-quarter;
- EBITDA margin at 51.9%, down 2.0 p.p. year-on-year and 3.2 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's net income totaled R$796.8 million, up 25.9% or R$163.7 million year-on-year and down 0.7% or R$5.9 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's net income margin at 43.3%, up 4.2 p.p. year-on-year and down 0.9 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo and Linx sign a Memorandum of Understanding aimed at setting up a joint venture for the creation and development of an integrated and unique solution (IPOS), which includes commercial automation, management software and electronic payments platform for the Brazilian small retail market.
- Cielo and Smiles sign for a commercial agreement to expand loyalty program in retail;
- By 8th consecutive time Cielo reaches 1st place in the Services category in the ranking from "Maiores e Melhores da Revista Exame" (Biggest and Best from Exame Magazine);
- 2nd place among the Most Innovative Companies in Brazil in the ranking from INFO Exame magazine;
- 16th place in the ranking of Most Valuable Brands in Brazil, prepared by Istoe Dinheiro magazine in a partnership with BrandAnalytics/Milward Brown. Among the 10 brands that have valued the most in 2013;
- Cielo is considered one of the 100 most prestigious brands in Brazil according to the Epoca Negocios magazine;
- Chosen, by 4th consecutive time, among the Best Companies to Start a Career in the Voce S/A magazine guide - Awarded by 4th consecutive time;
- Cielo accompliches 2nd place in the ranking of "The 100 Best in Brazil according to the IGC," of Corporate Governance Index, published by the America Economia magazine.
*Net funding costs revenue (see explanation in management analysis of Prepayment of Receivables Revenue)
Click on the link below to open the earnings release:
2Q14 Earnings Conference Call
July 30, 2014
10:30 a.m. (New York) | 11:30 a.m. (Brasilia)
Toll free USA : +1-888-700-0802
09:00 a.m. (NY) 10:00 a.m. (Brasilia)
Investor Relations Director
SOURCE Cielo S.A.
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:30 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 762
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Scott Davis, CTO of Embotics, will discuss how automation can provide the dynamic management required to cost-effectively deliver microservices and container solutions at scale. He will discuss how flexible automation is the key to effectively bridging and seamlessly coordinating both IT and developer needs for component orchestration across disparate clouds – an increasingly important requirement at today’s multi-cloud enterprise.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,261
Developers want to create better apps faster. Static clouds are giving way to scalable systems, with dynamic resource allocation and application monitoring. You won't hear that chant from users on any picket line, but helping developers to create better apps faster is the mission of Lee Atchison, principal cloud architect and advocate at New Relic Inc., based in San Francisco. His singular job is to understand and drive the industry in the areas of cloud architecture, microservices, scalability ...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,346
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 151
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 803
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,984
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,989
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 162
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,991
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 25, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 190
New competitors, disruptive technologies, and growing expectations are pushing every business to both adopt and deliver new digital services. This ‘Digital Transformation’ demands rapid delivery and continuous iteration of new competitive services via multiple channels, which in turn demands new service delivery techniques – including DevOps. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Co-Chair Andi Mann, panelists will examine how DevOps helps to meet th...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 948
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 25, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 799
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 179
Judith Hurwitz is president and CEO of Hurwitz & Associates, a Needham, Mass., research and consulting firm focused on emerging technology, including big data, cognitive computing and governance. She is co-author of the book Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics, published in 2015. Her Cloud Expo session, "What Is the Business Imperative for Cognitive Computing?" is scheduled for Wednesday, June 8, at 8:40 a.m. In it, she puts cognitive computing into perspective with its value to the busin...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,562